So who is a Manchester United fan on this site? Just curious

warscopri

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, but with a caveat.

My sister departed this world an MUFC member and supporter. The one thing I took of hers, as mine, was her briefcase and in it her MUFC member card and ticket ballot booklet for that season.

Her office window overlooked the Theatre of Dreams and I have maintained her membership since she died nearly 14 years ago, in her name and memory.

I think about her every time I watch them play...

Love ya sis...

Came home from school one day when i was 8 years old.

Dennis Tueart, Asa Hartford and Joe Corrigan (Man City) had visited.

Told my dad i had joined Junior blues.

3 days later stood freezing cold on the stretford end watching United play west brom.

My 9th, 10th,.............18th birthday presents were season ticket books.

Never looked back since.

High point 1st premiership win

Low 1st away game lost 6-0 to Ipswich and Bailey even saved 2 penalties.

or Man City 5 United 1

Best atmosphere 3-0 UEFA cup home win v Barcelone i 87, Maradona played.

Funniest momet gary Birtles tripping over the ball against Man City.

Favourite player The King

Sister lived 6 years on Clyne Street 3rd road from Stretford End bridge, very handy.

Yep im a Manc & a red

been a fan since before i could walk and talk!!

incidentally my dad was a city fan!! i'm the youngest of 5 kids who all support united!! as a teenager i was a 'league match ticket book' holder which gave me entry to all league, reserve and some early european games. This was bought for me by my eldest sister who would take my other sister shopping for 'kittens and make up' as a treat on a saturday and then meet me on aytoun strret at 1 to catch the match bus!! can't remember who we played for the first match i went to but i remember my brother was supposed to be taking me to the odeon and i was told 'don't tell mi mam where we've been'!! but yes- i was in the stretford and yes- it was a freezing february night game!! hot bovril at half time!! and yes- we won!! :twisted:

since FA cup - 1996 final match with Liverpool, i become United fan.

A corner from David Beckham was only partly cleared by David James, who had caught every cross United had played in for the previous 85 minutes. James' hopeless flap at the ball sent it into the path of the one man Liverpool didn't want it to fall to - Eric Cantona. From about 20 yards out on the D, adjusting his body by stepping backwards, Cantona struck the ball with deadly accuracy and power through a crowd of players. Liverpool players watched in horror as the ball blazed through them into the bottom right hand corner of the net.

impressive.......

Been a fan since the time I got the late, great George Best?s autograph when I was a kid.

Low point ? being on top of a mountain in the Lake District in the UK listening on the radio to the Man City game when Denis Law scored which meant we went down.

High Point Wining the Champions League and the Premiership

since FA cup - 1996 final match with Liverpool, i become United fan.

A corner from David Beckham was only partly cleared by David James, who had caught every cross United had played in for the previous 85 minutes. James' hopeless flap at the ball sent it into the path of the one man Liverpool didn't want it to fall to - Eric Cantona. From about 20 yards out on the D, adjusting his body by stepping backwards, Cantona struck the ball with deadly accuracy and power through a crowd of players. Liverpool players watched in horror as the ball blazed through them into the bottom right hand corner of the net.

impressive.......

Super cool match indeed!!

• 5 months later...

C'mon Scholesy.....I'll be praying to the Buddha for a red war Champions league final tomorrow. Been a Man U fan all my life.

My greatest memory as a fan was sitting depressed on a sofa with my friends shaking my head in disappointment as I watched Man Utd play the last game of the season. Then seconds later I was jumping on a couch, screaming and flailing my arms around in delight. I managed to calm myself and sit down just in time to watch Solskjaer score the second. That sent me running around the room and deciding to jump up and down on a nearby pool table. That was 99.

C'mon Scholesy.....I'll be praying to the Buddha for a red war Champions league final tomorrow. Been a Man U fan all my life.

My greatest memory as a fan was sitting depressed on a sofa with my friends shaking my head in disappointment as I watched Man Utd play the last game of the season. Then seconds later I was jumping on a couch, screaming and flailing my arms around in delight. I managed to calm myself and sit down just in time to watch Solskjaer score the second. That sent me running around the room and deciding to jump up and down on a nearby pool table. That was 99.

Funnily enough, I remember that well because I watched that in a bar in Manhattan New york, while on holiday there.

Funnily enough, I remember that well because I watched that in a bar in Manhattan New york, while on holiday there.

i watched it in weymouth and was one of only 2 manU fans in the bar- everybody else was cheering on johnny foriegner!! :roll:

apart from a few with sentimental reasons, the average Man U fan is homosexual, or short, or both. i mean comeon! it's like rooting for Goliath, or the New York Stankees. those that "do it" generally have serious psychological issues. they're short on manhood and therefor want to partner up with the big(nastyugly)guy.

apart from a few with sentimental reasons, the average Man U fan is homosexual, or short, or both. i mean comeon! it's like rooting for Goliath, or the New York Stankees. those that "do it" generally have serious psychological issues. they're short on manhood and therefor want to partner up with the big(nastyugly)guy.

Dear Sir,

i really must take exception to the way your portray big nasty-ugly guys. we have nothing at all in common with ManUre, and in fact sometimes even read poetry and do other sensitive stuff (between farts). please don't compare us to ManUre again, thanks.

Sincerely yours,

Goliath