Brit teacher's 40 lashes.

dannyboy

remember this is the so called "religion of peace"

Yes and so-called Rumsfeld was the so-called minister of so-called defense.

last time I checked we haven't had another attack on US soil since. coincidence or just the left not wanting to admit best defense is a good offense?

U r completely right. And the train that was bombed in Spain and the attack in the underground of London has nothing to do with it?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they voted for ppp for no good enough reason, still it didnt make them as thick.

if people dont understand/see things as the same as we do it doesn't make them stupid.:

ehhhhhh ......... yes it does !!!!!!!!!!! i reckon ppl should have to pass an IQ test before they r allowed to vote .... would totally f**k the republicans in the US mind u !!!!!!!!!

if they voted for ppp for no good enough reason, still it didnt make them as thick.

if people dont understand/see things as the same as we do it doesn't make them stupid.:

ehhhhhh ......... yes it does !!!!!!!!!!! i reckon ppl should have to pass an IQ test before they r allowed to vote .... would totally f**k the republicans in the US mind u !!!!!!!!!

considering the republicans have the highest groups of post graduate degrees and standard degrees that are not "liberal arts" degrees. MInd you most scientist, economists, and business leaders are republicans...

Oh and I'm a registered democrat by the way

So to clarify opinion on this obviously sensitive topic are we in agreement that the arrest and punishment was appropriate? Or not?

Those in favour of the sentencing of the woman in question say "Aye".

Those against say "Naye".

arrest and punishment was inappropriate, but really, she shoulda known better.

I disagree entirely.

In fact I could not disagree more.

Circumstances completely beyond her freakiest imaginings brought about this farce of a judgement upon her.

Surely you can't dispute that the woman was merely trying to teach her students and that the powers that be in that poohole of a state used it as a means for their own ends?

I realise that you have to argue the other point of view, as I do myself, but in this case, I defy any person of reasonable intelligence to see through the political and religious shite that this in reality is.

Please prove yourself to be the thinker I take you for, and not only the anti-post.

something being avoidable doesn't make it just, obviously. it does, however, make it avoidable.

and you really think she should be surprised by this? if half some random dipshit would never dream of letting his class do that (me for example, were i in the shithole in question) why shouldnt' she have known enough to avoid it? i mean come on, she had to know that she wasn't heading into the safest, most cushy teaching job on the planet. why, aside from arrogance, wouldn't she do her homework?

if i get in an fistfight with a moving car and get run over the car *might* be wrong--or not---but either way i'm just as dead, and really should have known better, don't you think?

ou think remember that swiss dude

So to clarify opinion on this obviously sensitive topic are we in agreement that the arrest and punishment was appropriate? Or not?

I disagree entirely.

Circumstances completely beyond her freakiest imaginings brought about this farce of a judgement upon her.

Surely you can't dispute that the woman was merely trying to teach her students and that the powers that be in that poohole of a state used it as a means for their own ends?

I realise that you have to argue the other point of view, as I do myself, but in this case, I defy any person of reasonable intelligence to see through the political and religious shite that this in reality is.

Please prove yourself to be the thinker I take you for, and not only the anti-post.

something being avoidable doesn't make it just, obviously. it does, however, make it avoidable.

and you really think she should be surprised by this? if half some random dipshit would never dream of letting his class do that (me for example, were i in the shithole in question) why shouldnt' she have known enough to avoid it? i mean come on, she had to know that she wasn't heading into the safest, most cushy teaching job on the planet. why, aside from arrogance, wouldn't she do her homework?

if i get in an fistfight with a moving car and get run over the car *might* be wrong--or not---but either way i'm just as dead, and really should have known better, don't you think?

ou think remember that swiss dude

Admitted your argument is valid, but you aren't looking at it from her POV. I honestly suspect she was as unwitting a participant in the events which unfolded as you or I would be.

i was up for a job in afghanistan (i reconsidered at the idea of my dad having a heart attack). you think i wouldn't book up on the risks and potential faux pas?

if *i* know that naming a teddy bear mohammed could, in the wrong hands, be twisted into 'an image of the prophet' (and yeah i was aware that one needs to avoid making images of mohammed long before this happened) why couldn't she have done her homework?

again i'm not saying she deserves it or that she doesn't deserve sympathy. i'm saying i'ts hardly the most whitey-friendly environment on the planet, you gotta pay extra special attention as a cultural faux pas could end you in prison or dead.

like i was mentioning before ADD cut me off on the last post--that swiss (i think he was swiss) dipshit who ran around in the north defacing posters of the monarch---which one of us does not know better? the teddy bear thing, from a fundamentalist's point of view, is very likely to be considered far worse. and one doesn't have to in any way endorse or support fundamentalism to see that one coming.

the powers there took advantage of it and she was just the pawn used to garner interest.

noooo ****. and you think if i holiday in afghanistan i don't run the risk of being a pawn the way those korean christian aid workers who were taken hostage by the taliban were?

there's only so deep you can delve mate. Yes she knew some sh*t, but she didn't now what would become of the sh*t she wasn't aware of.

Her kids voting for the name of Mohammed? Oh come on mate. It isn't rocket science.

my point is exactly that it ain't rocket science to, when in a potentially hostile environment, get a sense of what the no-no's are. it's not only rocket science but if *MY* bony ass is gonna be teaching in a warm, fuzzy place like sudan, it's ******* mandatory.

don't worry i'll put my ak47 on a high shelf so the kids can't reach it, even though they're probably better with it than me.

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree entirely.

Gee missed this thread as I was on the road in Vietnam. Having lived and worked in both the Stan and Sudan, Darfur, I can say that PiAnt is on the money.

You have to see the incident for what is was in the current political context of what is currently going on in Sudan. Most Sudanese are not religious fundamentalists and at other times it probably would not get a run.

The fact that she was british, the fact that it was a private school for elites (ie. those connected with the governing NCP ) and the fact that it happened at a time where the international community is attempting to deploy a UN mission (2nd largest ever!) in Darfur whilst the govt. does all it can to delay deployment by engaging in anti-western and nationalistic diatribes with religious fundamentalism rhectoric made this a perfect opportunity for the gov. to make a smokescreen.

The ruling party is fundamentalist but only to the extent that they will make an opportunity of anything that comes their way to stay in power - like most govts. (Actually there is a Gov of National Unity under the South peace aggreement of 05 but I don't want to complicate things too much).

Ignorance is not a defence in criminal law but really this incident just served to again highlight how astute the Sudanese govt. is at playing the international community. (With the ongoing upport by China at the UNSC).

• 5 months later...