Touched by a higher power

valetudo

Last Monday I was minding my own business when something (God I assume) completely changed my life in 10 seconds and and gave me a spirituality I can't describe.................. anyone else with a story like that?

Can you go into some kind of greater detail, or is this some kind of wind up?

The ability to truly believe in a higher force is like being homosexual... Either you are born with it or you are not. People rarely have such a powerful transcendental experience that they turn from a non believer to a believer...

Please elaborate on what you're talking about.

Last Monday I was minding my own business when something (God I assume) completely changed my life in 10 seconds and and gave me a spirituality I can't describe.................. anyone else with a story like that?

Can you go into some kind of greater detail, or is this some kind of wind up?

look at the source. odds on, it's some kind of windup.

The ability to truly believe in a higher force is like being homosexual... Either you are born with it or you are not. People rarely have such a powerful transcendental experience that they turn from a non believer to a believer...

Please elaborate on what you're talking about.

agree.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, give...what happened? Did you feel it...was there some sort of voice...did you see something...or were you just sitting there and decided of your own free will that you should or would or could be doing something for those less fortunate?

Be exact..."I was touched" doesn't mean anything if you can't, or won't define exactly what you mean. "Having faith" is not scientifically testable and repeatable.

I want to know what exactly happened, where were you, what were you doing, what made you think you had been touched by something?

This is why people can get away with things like ghost stories and all the othr mumbo jumbo - because you can't see it if you don't have faith - and you may read that last bit however you like.

You don't need to be touched by a higher power to suddenly realise that you can help people - that is simply your concience kicking in - it is an electro chemical reaction in the brain, the same as everything else we do.

In saying this, I take away not a jot from Father Joe's crdit...he is a wonderful man and he has a dedication to the kids and the community. If your wish is to work with him and serve the community, then I salute your commitment, but I think it was brought on by you, nothing higher.