Any Costume Idea? X'mas"Fancy"In Downtown

aomlovely

oh yeah ... and just to remind all U christians celebrating Christ's birth on christmas day ....

Jesus was born a Jew, lived as a Jew and died as a Jew.

ohhhh .... and he almost certainly wasn't born on 25th december. the christians stole that festival from the pagans, but don't let the facts stop U from getting on ur f**king high horse !!!

aomlove wrote : Sorry if i misunderstand..I thought they do dress fancy on Christmas too coz i have seen many!! and the costume online shop says thing like that. Anyway the event will be on 22nd of Dec not on Christmas..What should i do? Change the name of the event? Does it help?

I do respect all the religions...Ive seen how farang celebrate Christmas these day (might not old style) but im not christian thats why i dont know about it well, which thing should do or shouldnt...This not mean i do disrespect.

I hate fighting or upset anyone who shown or not show what their though about this, so i better change the event's name....any idea??

"Santa Claus is coming to town" (Photoshoot & Costume Contest)

Aom ... u r doing absolutely nothing wrong, don't worry about what these guys r whining about. Loads of ppl in farang land dress up at christmas time and go out and party like crazy. It may not be what everybody perceives as the "proper" way to celebrate christmas, but there is nothing wrong with what u have planned.

don't let a few whining fuddy duddys spoil ur event !!!

Hello Aom,

And with every respect to those westerners wishing me to F*** off - have you never ever had the feeling that something is wrong with your perception or your mind ?

no!! nothing wrong with my perception!! and i don't believe in fairies or creationism so my mind seems to be working okay too!!as a westener raised in a 'christian' counntry i have no problem with anyone celebrating the birth of jesus in any way they see fit- as i told you before- december 25th is not a christian festival- it is a hijacked pagan festival- originally celebrated with dancing naked around bonfires and a sacrifice or two!!

as i told you before- december 25th is not a christian festival- it is a hijacked pagan festival- originally celebrated with dancing naked around bonfires and a sacrifice or two!!

Not sure about the sacrifice part , but maybe we could bring back the aspect of dancing naked on Christmas day . Just need to be careful of any flames flickering ..... ouch

Hello Aom,

I know that you did not know all the circumstances and history of christmas and I did not blame you personally. I know that you wanted to let others join in, as what you thought it was, a funny event and I also know that you are one of the most respected persons here on TF.

You have organised an TF event for Khun Lungs ceremony and this was ever so amazing to me.

Even Christians do not know all the myths and facts about this highest celebration, the birth of Jesus Christ.

You know my opinion, Aom, and this has to do with respect towards other s religions - everyone joining this event in such bitchy dresses knowing about christmas and its historical background has lost every trace of human respect towards other religions and is making himself/herself a compliant idiot in my eyes. They ought to feel ashamed of themselves.

You just cannot cherry-pick the best from every religion, put an event like christmas in an asian melting pot and hope that it turns out well. That does not work. As well as Loi Khratong or Buddha day are events in Thai where everybody may join in the 24th of december is our celebration where everybody may go to the service and listen to the story. I respect every Thai festival but I demand that we are treated with the same respect. Nothing more or less..

This event is making a ***** out of Santa Claus and it ridicules our belief.

Especially around christmas is a time where families and friends gather - fine dinner, best food, exchanging presents, often making music, having a good time - but the do not gather not for undecent events like this. Any other time I would be fine with it - but not at christmas or easter. I repeat that this is not appropriate in my eyes and still very much offending for believers.

And with every respect to those westerners wishing me to F*** off - have you never ever had the feeling that something is wrong with your perception or your mind ?

my God!!! making a ***** out of santa claus!!! shocking... although i can see it, the fat bastard is already tarted up in red...

you must be some kind of devout christian to be unaware that santa claus is not a religious figure. what next, you spit the dummy when someone disrespects mickey mouse? don't worry sunshine disney'd sue 'em before you get a chance to get on your high horse.

i've had the feeling that something is wrong with my perception, sure. this is not one of those times. right now i'm having the perception that there's something seriously wrong with *your* mind---mainly certainty, smugness, arrogance, self-righteousness....

Christmas and the Birth of the Christian Savior (which is the reason it's called CHRISTmas after all...

...didn't they kill him a few years later?

Technically speaking , Christians didnt kill Jesus .

As they never believed he was .... ' Christ the Saviour ' , you cannot call them Christians in the true sense of the word .

...it's called poetic license................I wasn't making a plea of ignorance...

...nor was I appealing to the "true fact" that the bible preaches......

...in fact 'irony' knocks on the door as an un-expected guest......

..because isn't the bible made up of pages of liberty taken by an artist or a writer in deviating from conventional form or fact to achieve a desired effect.

...which in itself is "poetic license"....

...isn't the world not only composed of iron at it's core...but surrounded by irony on it's surface.....!!

...wow..life....and my mum told me I was never any good at ironing...

You lost me @ ..... ' poetic '

Not an easy thing to do as I rarely get lost . People always tell me where to go .

It is always the same guys causing stress to others. CiaranM, Mr. Loso himself with pretty insults and the rest of the gang, the usual suspects are blowing the same horn, haha.

Sushischatzel und Zeusimausi - I am not whining about that - but I am aware of my culture and dare to say when there is something wrong.

It is always the same guys causing stress to others. CiaranM, Mr. Loso himself with pretty insults and the rest of the gang, the usual suspects are blowing the same horn, haha.

Sushischatzel und Zeusimausi - I am not whining about that - but I am aware of my culture and dare to say when there is something wrong.

ok smart guy ... pls explain to me what is so wrong with a group of ppl in bkk who want to meet up, check out the christmas decorations, take some photos and wear some fancy dress. just wtf is wrong with U !!

because i'm sure as hell there'll be a lot worse done in the name of christmas in germany, the us and the rest of farang land !! u r pathetic !!!

ok smart guy ... pls explain to me what is so wrong with a group of ppl in bkk who want to meet up, check out the christmas decorations, take some photos and wear some fancy dress. just wtf is wrong with U !!

because i'm sure as hell there'll be a lot worse done in the name of christmas in germany, the us and the rest of farang land !! u r pathetic !!!

I have forwarded you answer to the pope in vatican city - but I guess he already excommunicated you ages ago :wink:

There is nothing wrong with people gathering in order to have a ball - as long as long as it takes place in the appropriate manner, place and time. But combining such an event with christmas is tawdry in my opinion. Why dont they organise it in carnival season or when it is Mardi Gras ? Nobody would mind.

In addition you would better ask what is going wrong with trade and commerce as a whole - craving for sensations just to make people buy more and more ?

Besides religion there is another aspect - how many people are no longer able to pay their outstanding credit card debts or their mortgages (USA/GB - world wide bank crisis). Tempted by cheap credits they are no longer able to pay back and from this point it is only a short way into financial misery and bankruptcy. Maybe this is a little far-fetched at first sight - think about it and the cohesion will become obvious.

Maybe I over - reacted in my anger, okay. Call me conservative or traditionalist, I will persist in my point of view.

Cheers

Ray

I have forwarded you answer to the pope in vatican city - but I guess he already excommunicated you ages ago :wink:

There is nothing wrong with people gathering in order to have a ball - as long as long as it takes place in the appropriate manner, place and time. But combining such an event with christmas is tawdry in my opinion. Why dont they organise it in carnival season or when it is Mardi Gras ? Nobody would mind.

In addition you would better ask what is going wrong with trade and commerce as a whole - craving for sensations just to make people buy more and more ?

Besides religion there is another aspect - how many people are no longer able to pay their outstanding credit card debts or their mortgages (USA/GB - world wide bank crisis). Tempted by cheap credits they are no longer able to pay back and from this point it is only a short way into financial misery and bankruptcy. Maybe this is a little far-fetched at first sight - think about it and the cohesion will become obvious.

Maybe I over - reacted in my anger, okay. Call me conservative or traditionalist, I will persist in my point of view.

Cheers

Ray

words fail me .... although pathetic does spring to mind !! :roll: :roll: :roll: