Elderly tourists ..... best places to see?

Simmo_V2.0

Hey all.

I've got my old folks coming into town for about a week shortly but I have to work some of it so can't really show them around. What would you guys recommend for the sight seeing essentials they can do on their own. Keeping in mind that they're mid 60's types who don't like the heat! :P.

I've got all the usual places on my list. Wat Po & Palace, Chao Phrya River cruise, Suan lum & Chatuchak markets for shopping, Jim Thompson House.

They're interested in history and art - any ideas there?.

Think about some day tours for them. The bridge on the river Khae tour. Picked up from hotel at around 7am, return about 6pm. It usually involves the trip back, and forth, to Kanchanaburi, a long tail boat ride on the river, the bridge, the war cemetery, the musium, a ride on the train, lunch, and an elephant ride (optional).

Also think about the floating market tour. It's a morning (1/2 day) tour, but they can add in the crocodile farm, or the rose garden, to make it a full day tour.

They might find a trip, in the morning, to the Klong Toey fresh market, both interesting, and eye opening.

Teach them how to use the water taxis. There is plenty to see along the river, and easy to get to.

Just some thoughts.

koolbreez