Ugly and Stupid or ugly and smart

PosH

Seriously ... How could someone fall for SOMETHING like that? I just don't get it!

I wish I could just download some Common Sense and Respect for Others ( for dummies ) into their head.

I wonder how could someone like that got a girlfriend? What does he has to offer? I really really don't get it.

Those men whose have nothing else better to talk/***** about but ugly hookers, pregnancy prosy, or how Thai women are so bad should leave Thailand, move to South Africa and start chasing monkeys or Zebras.

Seriously if it's so bad here why don't they just leave?

For a guy that would sleep with a pregnant woman even she isn't his wife. I just feel really sad that my only son will have to grow up with their kids in this same world.

A smart couple usually prefer to have 1 kid as they tend to worry about how the world would change and for a better plan for their kid. Now a guy like that who would **** around even with a pregnant woman, would probably have a bunch of kids as you know uneducated people tend to have nothing else better to do than having more kids...

In the next 10 or more years we will end up with load of dummies and a few smart one. That is sad isn't it?

He isn't even good looking and I don't think he is loaded nor good in bed as someone sick like that probably can't get anything right.

Sad ... very sad..

Seriously ... How could someone fall for SOMETHING like that? I just don't get it!

I wish I could just download some Common Sense and Respect for Others ( for dummies ) into their head.

I wonder how could someone like that got a girlfriend? What does he has to offer? I really really don't get it.

if they had common sense and respect for others, they wouldn't be flying all the way to thailand in order to scour pattaya for their dream girl (am i the only one who remembers the great poet joeska?)

how do they get a girlfriend? pattaya walking street rent-to-own program.

You go girl!!!

I?m also getting tired of listening to those morons talking about ugly hookers, pregnancy prostitutes as if they have anything to offer. :roll:

well the ugly hookers, the pregnant prostitutes--i'm sure on some level they have something to offer.

the average TFer on the other hand.... let's not be coy, they don't.

and know what? there are thousands more like them, who just havent' discovered the joys of this online community yet. what fun!

To be honest, I was very upset when I read that thread.

I can?t be a mother and I feel that every mother deserves all the respects and children are most important in any aspect. I don?t understand how some of us can be so insensitive.

Seems like nothing is more important then sex any longer.

Yes, Posh it?s just sad.

well this romantic view of mothers is just that; a friend of mine's ex bf was raised by a crack ho, i can't say i feel obligated to respect her approach to motherhood.

You go girl!!!

I?m also getting tired of listening to those morons talking about ugly hookers, pregnancy prostitutes as if they have anything to offer. :roll:

well the ugly hookers, the pregnant prostitutes--i'm sure on some level they have something to offer.

the average TFer on the other hand.... let's not be coy, they don't.

and know what? there are thousands more like them, who just havent' discovered the joys of this online community yet. what fun!

Sorry for my grammar error. What I mean by "they" is men not those ladies.

yah got it; that was the "they" i am referring to by "the average TFer."

A smart couple usually prefer to have 1 kid as they tend to worry about how the world would change and for a better plan for their kid. Now a guy like that who would f*ck around even with a pregnant woman, would probably have a bunch of kids as you know uneducated people tend to have nothing else better to do than having more kids...

Oh geez, Posh, you almost had me until you wrote that. Small minded people everywhere are setting the wheels in motion to have your words of wisdom set in print.

So Stinky Jimba James, How many kid have you got?

Those men whose have nothing else better to talk/b*tch about but ugly hookers, pregnancy prosy, or how Thai women are so bad should leave Thailand, move to South Africa and start chasing monkeys or Zebras.

Seriously if it's so bad here why don't they just leave?

i agree.. without them, my country will be a much better place.

the worst thing is... they dont even realise about it.. so, they keep coming and complaining...

real mugs with superior attitude are too stupid to understand... i would say. :roll:

A smart couple usually prefer to have 1 kid as they tend to worry about how the world would change and for a better plan for their kid. Now a guy like that who would f*ck around even with a pregnant woman, would probably have a bunch of kids as you know uneducated people tend to have nothing else better to do than having more kids...

Oh geez, Posh, you almost had me until you wrote that. Small minded people everywhere are setting the wheels in motion to have your words of wisdom set in print.

So Stinky Jimba James, How many kid have you got?

are kids, like um.. baby goats or somethin"? i think stinky jimba has been busy making lambs... how's fluffy btw, stinky?

Thanks for pointing out one of my main issue with contemporary feminism. Contrarily to the original theory, it now uses the same logic of overgeneralization that has put sexism and racism on the map in the first place... sad... :(

Thanks for pointing out one of my main issue with contemporary feminism. Contrarily to the original theory, it now uses the same logic of overgeneralization that has put sexism and racism on the map in the first place... sad... :(

posh's quote has **** all to do with feminism; it's class-ism pure and simple. the sort of thing that got Marie Antoinette an appointment with Madame Guillotine in a different time, but nowadays passes for a 'sex and the city' monologue.

but for the record, charisma_man is most definitely stinky.

posh's quote has f*ck all to do with feminism; it's class-ism pure and simple. the sort of thing that got Marie Antoinette an appointment with Madame Guillotine in a different time, but nowadays passes for a 'sex and the city' monologue.

I disagree Zeus, you have to take this quote within its proper context.

Feminism comprises a number of social, cultural and political movements, theories and moral philosophies concerned with gender inequalities and equal rights for women.

Contemporary feminism, also sometime refered to as radical feminism is a current of thought that claims that women will never be truly happy in a society that was designed by men and for men; to oppress women. The only solution, according to them, is to completely deconstruct the basis of society as it is now and reconstruct a better one based on women's true aspirations.

Now, my issue with this is that the rethoric used by radical feminists to justify their position is often based on the same type of sweeping overgeneralisations that men used until not so long ago to justify their own sexist society. Full circle, if you know what I mean...

Posh's quote is a good example of the kind of rethoric, I'm talking about. Screwed logic to justify an otherwise very valid feminist claim (ie. that men that don''t respect women do not deserve to be respected).

Hope I'm being more clear ...

about Charisma... No comment :)

posh's quote has f*ck all to do with feminism; it's class-ism pure and simple. the sort of thing that got Marie Antoinette an appointment with Madame Guillotine in a different time, but nowadays passes for a 'sex and the city' monologue.

I disagree Zeus

no really. i have met charisma_man in real life and he is most definitely stinky.

you have to take this quote within its proper context.

no, it looks more like by 'proper context' you mean 'you already know it came from a woman, who, for the sake of convenience, you will label 'feminist''. i've heard VERY un-feminist men say VERY similar things.

Feminism comprises a number of social, cultural and political movements, theories and moral philosophies concerned with gender inequalities and equal rights for women.

no argument there, but you seem to forget that when you say this:

Contemporary feminism, also sometime refered to as radical feminism is a current of thought that claims that women will never be truly happy in a society that was designed by men and for men to oppress women. The only solution according to them is to completely deconstruct the basis of society as it was designed and reconstruct a better one based on women's true aspiration.

whoa there pardner.

it's a gross misrepresentation to conflate 'contemporary' feminism and radical feminism. 'feminism' academic or otherwise " comprises a number of social, cultural and political movements, theories and moral philosophies concerned with gender inequalities and equal rights for women." (your words, remember?)

tarring all contemporary feminist thought with the 'radical feminism' brush is basically a smear. deliberate or otherwise, it reads to me as an attempt to categorically smear *all* contemporary feminist thought with the excesses of the academic fringes.

Now, my issue with this is that the rethoric used by radical feminism to justify it's positions is often based on the same type of sweeping generalisation that men used until not so long ago to justify their own sexist society. Full circle, if you know what I mean...

i'd agree that late 1980s-style radical, academic marxist-based feminism can tend to do that. i don't agree that it has anything to do with what she said, however.

Posh's quote is a good example of the kind of rethoric, I'm talking about. Screwed logic to justify an otherwise very valid feminist claim (ie. that men that don''t respect women do not deserve to be respected).

no i dont agree that it has anything to do with. what she said as far as i can skim is (if i may paraphrase) uneducated people have more kids... smart people only have one..... "them poor folks breed like rabbits."..

I disagree Zeus

no really. i have met charisma_man in real life and he is most definitely stinky.

you have to take this quote within its proper context.

no, it looks more like by 'proper context' you mean 'you already know it came from a woman, who, for the sake of convenience, you will label 'feminist''. i've heard VERY un-feminist men say VERY similar things.

no argument there, but you seem to forget that when you say this:

Contemporary feminism, also sometime refered to as radical feminism is a current of thought that claims that women will never be truly happy in a society that was designed by men and for men to oppress women. The only solution according to them is to completely deconstruct the basis of society as it was designed and reconstruct a better one based on women's true aspiration.

whoa there pardner.

it's a gross misrepresentation to conflate 'contemporary' feminism and radical feminism. 'feminism' academic or otherwise " comprises a number of social, cultural and political movements, theories and moral philosophies concerned with gender inequalities and equal rights for women." (your words, remember?)

tarring all contemporary feminist thought with the 'radical feminism' brush is basically a smear. deliberate or otherwise, it reads to me as an attempt to categorically smear *all* contemporary feminist thought with the excesses of the academic fringes.

Now, my issue with this is that the rethoric used by radical feminism to justify it's positions is often based on the same type of sweeping generalisation that men used until not so long ago to justify their own sexist society. Full circle, if you know what I mean...

i'd agree that late 1980s-style radical, academic marxist-based feminism can tend to do that. i don't agree that it has anything to do with what she said, however.

no i dont agree that it has anything to do with. what she said as far as i can skim is (if i may paraphrase) uneducated people have more kids... smart people only have one..... "them poor folks breed like rabbits."..

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then. Two clarifications:

1) I did not label Posh a feminist (or anything else for that matter). I don't know her so I really wouldn't know. I do feel that the beginning of this tread had a definitely feminist undertone... Which is not meant to be a pejorative comment at all.

2) Differences between contemporary feminism and radical feminism: The most recognized contemporary feminist of our time is Catherine Mackinnon (she literally embodies contemporary feminist thought) and radical feminism is what she professes. Granted, she doesn't make unanimity, but contemporary feminist scholars, have not yet succeded in putting together a suitable alternative to her grand theory.

Wow!, I never thought I would get into discussing feminist philosophy with an armed cat on a thai website. The world is funny that way... :lol:

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then. Two clarifications:

1) I did not label Posh a feminist (or anything else for that matter). I don't know her so I really wouldn't know. I do feel that the beginning of this tread had a definitely feminist undertone... Which is not meant to be a pejorative comment at all.

i chose to take her comment at face value regardless of whether i know her. this is , of course, an artifice--you can't subtract out your impessions, online, or otherwise, in any real way.

2) Differences between contemporary feminism and radical feminism: The most recognized contemporary feminist of our time is Catherine Mackinnon (she literally embodies contemporary feminist thought) and radical feminism is what she professes. Granted, she doesn't make unanimity, but contemporary feminist scholars, have not yet succeded in putting together a suitable alternative to her grand theory.

which begs the question of whether 'feminism'--or indeed any social agenda---can exist outside of academia. call me a dreamer, but i desperately want to believe that there's more to the human world than critical theory journals and academic infighting.

Wow!, I never thought I would get into discussing feminist philosophy with an armed cat on a thai website. The world is funny that way... :lol:

maybe just slightly atypical of non-ngo-type white males in these parts....

Well whats the reason why most thai girls register here? White guys or umm.. or... no clue what else could there be.

i am sure you meant "upload" and i agree with the respect but common sense... common sense will always be that the majority loves to watch bloody accidents from a save distance.

i guess thats because some girls love such guys... They seems to be some demand of what they have to offer.

I don't say its good, but that is how it works.

Well whats the reason why most thai girls register here? White guys or umm.. or... no clue what else could there be.

If you have no clue what else could be... that might be limitted of your brain capability... umm.. White guys, poor thing, can be found only this site.. :roll:

In the next 10 or more years we will end up with load of dummies and a few smart one. That is sad isn't it?

Don't worry too much.

More educated and richer people also have more than the average number of children because they can generally afford it.

The thing that keeps the balance (in a developed society) is the likelihood of being in a couple. It goes up with education.

So overall balance between dummies and smarter ones is still maintained.

Of course you also would need to specify what you call smart.

If it's a matter of IQ then the proportions never change anyway, even with a "catastrophic crop" there's a 2% minority above 120, that's a minority by definition.

What does matter is what you do with the IQ.

Again, the children of parents who are better off will get more chances to do something with it, gain an education, improve/maintain their status, and get more chances to find a better partner and chances are fair that in a positive case they'll get more than average offspring as well.

errrr i'd be mildly interested in seeing numbers. it's been my experience that poor people have more children than rich/educated people. maybe not in belgium but it certainly appears that way in some other places. india for example.

not gonna google numbers, too lazy...

Don't worry too much.

More educated and richer people also have more than the average number of children because they can generally afford it.

The thing that keeps the balance (in a developed society) is the likelihood of being in a couple. It goes up with education.

So overall balance between dummies and smarter ones is still maintained.

Of course you also would need to specify what you call smart.

If it's a matter of IQ then the proportions never change anyway, even with a "catastrophic crop" there's a 2% minority above 120, that's a minority by definition.

What does matter is what you do with the IQ.

Again, the children of parents who are better off will get more chances to do something with it, gain an education, improve/maintain their status, and get more chances to find a better partner and chances are fair that in a positive case they'll get more than average offspring as well.

errrr i'd be mildly interested in seeing numbers. it's been my experience that poor people have more children than rich/educated people. maybe not in belgium but it certainly appears that way in some other places. india for example.

not gonna google numbers, too lazy...

Yes, poor people do tend to have more kids in my opinion.

But contrarily to what the original post says it's definitely not because "they have nothing else better to do"(which is totally derogatory). More likely, it's because they are killing themselves working the field everyday, are in poor health and hope (erroneously) that the more children they have the more likely it is that one of them will be able to take care of them in their old days. Also because they don't have access to education and are not aware or convinced that contraception is a better option.