-kk

Nunnery

IF HE MAKE HOUSE LIKE COMPANY NAME OR SAME AS BUSINESS ? it easy or not? pls every body here and all my big brother - sister .. show me the ways plssssss.. a lot of thank u

ok, i checked it out for you Thania.

If he make house same like he make name, then he can make business as same as house. BUT very important is that he before make business use name of not same as same as his but use wife name, then can open house. I am not 100 % sure if wife also can open house but if he has work permit or same business then its no problem at all. Just make it same like company but with different business, or open house with company but don use same name of thai girl with business.

Then dont need to marry, just pay 5000 THB in thai office building.

But if he marry then must take care because rule change for business but not for house! then must make business again and register house on new company.

Is easy.

Farangs cannot, repeat cannot own land in Thailand. They can own "freehold a condo, but not land. There is an exception, where they must invest a large sum of money in a business. Then they can own a plot to build a house. Many farangs try and get around this by setting up companies, but the government is trying to stop this by changing the foreign business act.

★menta★

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

The property ownership laws of Thailand are somewhat nationalistic, whereby foreign individuals can legitimately secure property only in certain ways. The main issue is real estate, but similar laws cover other items. If you are not legally established in Thailand and following procedures, then you will take risks.

Foreigners can buy some things outright. Other things must be leased or bought properly. The most common methods of properly securing property are:

* Be the largest shareholder of a domestic company, and have the company own the property (see details below, as you will own less than 50%, usually 39%); or

* Sign a 30-year (or less) lease with a domestic company or Thai individual, with an automatic option to renew for another 30 years. This is called the 2x30 ("two times 30") way.

Oh!! I found nice article for you!!

"It?s easy for you to own land in Thailand.

All you have to do is invest 40 million Baht (about $1 million) in a project considered ?useful for Thailand? (not real estate, mind you). That minor detail out of the way, you then have to select the land you want from a list of approved areas (you didn?t think you could buy anywhere you want, did you?)

Finally, you can only continue to own property if your original investment is still in Thailand (if your $1 million investment leaves the country, you have a limited amount of time to sell the land). Piece of cake, right?

If, like me, you don?t have a spare million dollars lying around (or the temperament for the above rigmarole), there is a better way to own real estate in Thailand.

Although foreigners can?t own land freehold (with the $1 million exception) there exist several structures through which foreigners can legally purchase real estate:

Buy a condominium: The easiest way to own real estate in Thailand is to purchase a condominium (in an approved condominium complex). The only restriction is that the percentage of units sold to foreigners cannot exceed 49% of the total number of units in the condominium block, and that the funds used to buy the condominium have been remitted from abroad.

Lease with an option to buy: A foreigner can have the right of possession of land by registering a lease agreement for 30 years. The lease is renewable and is a legally binding document registered at the land office. You should incorporate into the agreement an option allowing you to purchase the land outright, should the law change and permit foreigners to own land in Thailand.

Usufruct interest: This type of agreement grants you temporary ownership rights on the property. In practice, a usufruct is limited to a 30-year maximum period, but can be successively renewed. The usufruct can be sold or transferred, but it expires upon the death of the holder, so cannot be inherited.

Limited liability company: This last option has recently come under scrutiny by Thai officials. As with land, foreigners can?t own more than 49% of a Thai corporation. A method that has been used by foreigners to get around this is to have nominee share holders who sign over their shares and then the shares are held by the foreigner?s attorney in trust. This effectively gives full control of the corporation and the land to the foreign owner. Recently the Thai government announced that it was going to start investigating the source of the money ?used? by these Thai shareholders who presumably put up 51% of the property value when the corporation was set up." By Lief Simon

my understanding is that it is obscure and difficult, and probably expensive, but not impossible for a farrang to become a thai citizen.

i'd imagine once that's done you'd have the same land-owning rights as thais, but i'm speculating.

there's also a 'permanent resident' status that can be obtained, but seeing as i'm not interested i'm not going to google the details.

they talk about this sort of thing on www.thaivisa.com all the time.

:?: :?: :?: not need marry with Thai girl and not need to use other people name ... if he s have work in Thai :?: he can have or not ? possible or impossible ? how ? thanks every body

It always bugs the **** out of me when some lazy farang idiot charms a lovely Thai girl into doing his dirty work. I mean the guy can read English and do searches on the internet for himself, can't he? I'd like to give a kick in the nuts to the guy who inspired her to post this question.... And two kicks in the nuts to guys responsible for all the Thai girls asking me about how farangs can get visas to stay longer.

Dump this loser now... U already know he doesn't wanna marry you!

:?: :?: :?: not need marry with Thai girl and not need to use other people name ... if he s have work in Thai :?: he can have or not ? possible or impossible ? how ? thanks every body

It always bugs the sh*t out of me when some lazy farang idiot charms a lovely Thai girl into doing his dirty work. I mean the guy can read English and do searches on the internet for himself, can't he? I'd like to give a kick in the nuts to the guy who inspired her to post this question.... And two kicks in the nuts to guys responsible for all the Thai girls asking me about how farangs can get visas to stay longer.

Dump this loser now... U already know he doesn't wanna marry you!

good point.

it might be different if it were something that required a translator and/or could only be done in thai.

but um.... sweet talking a thai girl into posting your question in an english-language forum? that's lame. there's always the possibility that she took the initiative on her own, but ten times out of nine it's a tosspot farrang.

My stepfather, to all intents and purposes, owned his previous house, in Banglamung, until he sold it a few years ago.

The way around it is to be a 49% owner of the property (yes I realise this doesn't constitute ownership, which is the reason it's doable), the other 51% being owned by a Thai entity. In his case, the Thai contingent was a Law firm, which held the 51% stake in the property, in the names of one or more of their employees.

In the 10 or more years he lived here, there were never any problems regarding the property, nor were there when he sold it.

Of course there's a charge for this service, but according to him, the practice was quite commonplace.

This is ok at the moment, but the Thai government are trying to tighten up on this type of setup. They are said to be looking at asking those that make up the 51% where the money came from. Also they are said to be talking about the company paying dividends each year to said 51%. This is all part of the changes to the Foreign Business Act. One downside that I heard of for the Thai economy was that Ford and several other internationals, pulled out of building new factories in Thailand if they could not own the factory or land. Don't know how true this part is though.

(Whoops, almost forgot. I agree with Condo. Tell the loser to sling his hook.)