Christianity is Bullsh*t!

CocoaBrotha

Is there a higher power  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a higher power

I am my own God, there is no greater or better God than me! And there is no guy in the sky to "have your back". There is no proof of Satan or Hell. We create our own hell!. If you believe in unfounded supernatural beings and unfounded out of this universe places.Then I'll believe Bigfoot exsists.

By the way just because some were told the story does not make it correct. So begs the question?...

WHO PUT US HERE?!?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do personally agree but stilll I feel the message of Jesus was so simple it cuts thru what the simpltons tried to do to his message. Thats how I have come to think of the whole Jesus thang. I have met some good christians who use it in a good way. Its currupt but so are all religions. Man screw up most anything he gets into doesn't he :twisted:

First off, let me say that I do not believe in a magical being, all good, all knowing . . . etc. But I do believe that Jesus existed . . . just as Buddha existed . . . as men. They were good moral men who tried to teach their respective followers the good way to live . . . together. I don't see anything wrong with celebrating Jesus' birthday . . . just as we celebrate other less worthy individuals throughout the year. Yes, it's been blown out of proportion and become a money making scheme for the super rich, but it allows all of us to reflect on our lives and also to remember and honor those friends and relatives, both living and dead, before beginning a new year. Christianity doesn't suck . . . people suck!! And that will never change . . .

First off, let me say that I do not believe in a magical being, all good, all knowing . . . etc. But I do believe that Jesus existed . . . just as Buddha existed . . . as men. They were good moral men who tried to teach their respective followers the good way to live . . . together. I don't see anything wrong with celebrating Jesus' birthday . . . just as we celebrate other less worthy individuals throughout the year. Yes, it's been blown out of proportion and become a money making scheme for the super rich, but it allows all of us to reflect on our lives and also to remember and honor those friends and relatives, both living and dead, before beginning a new year. Christianity doesn't suck . . . people suck!! And that will never change . . .

Thanks Papa for the insight

well there was a historical figure called Christ, however he wasn't a Christian he was born, lived and died a Jew ! i personally don't believe he was the son of God, but what he preached and taught was fairly basic and fair. however what the fundamental dicks have turned his teachings into is dangerous fanaticism. if Jesus came back to earth now i'm sure he wouldn't believe what is being done in his name. if only these so called "christians" could act in the way he believed the world would be a better place !!

BTW . . . Hell . . . interesting place . . . and yes there is proof "it" existed!! Hell is from the Greek word helios. Hell is NOT first mentioned in the Bible as many believe, but but in even more ancient(is that possible) writings from the Greeks. "Helios" was a giant garbage dump with, amazingly enough, fires burning all the time . . . and YES . . . they burnt dead bodies there. Now isn't that interesting. Remember, the Bible is a "Book". They say the earliest known book . . . nonsense!! The first writings were on stone tablets and scrolls . . . NOT books!! The Bible was translated from many different scrolls . . . many times. The translaters got to pick and choose what actually got into the Bible and be assured they used free license . . .

Church is like politics and brings many different beliefs,mine is that what ever another believes is his own and l am ok with that and as far as i know any one who thinks there is a god preys to the same cause.

Any one that beats their own head because some one has a different belief or ideal should go to a bar or pub and let every one know their beliefs on politics as well so they can get a reaction from others that are just enjoying life in many ways they see fit to.

I'm not sure what I believe in... Likely, someone or something created us. It's difficult for me to agree to a more specific credo than that. However, I do try to respect and understand all religions. You can tell so much about a population group from their religion and some of the religious myths are really interesting. I do draw the line when violent or dangerous practices are cautioned by a religious group. Sadly, it has happened too many times in our planet's history.

The title of the post is offensive, but nobody seems to mind so far. I wonder what would have happened if the word christianity had been replaced by "Judaism" or "Islam". My guess is that the post would likely have been deleted, or the title changed... :wink: (I understand myself here)

BTW . . . Hell . . . interesting place . . . and yes there is proof "it" existed!! Hell is from the Greek word helios. Hell is NOT first mentioned in the Bible as many believe, but but in even more ancient(is that possible) writings from the Greeks. "Helios" was a giant garbage dump with, amazingly enough, fires burning all the time . . . and YES . . . they burnt dead bodies there. Now isn't that interesting. Remember, the Bible is a "Book". They say the earliest known book . . . nonsense!! The first writings were on stone tablets and scrolls . . . NOT books!! The Bible was translated from many different scrolls . . . many times. The translaters got to pick and choose what actually got into the Bible and be assured they used free license . . .

bible being the oldest book is debatable... it is claimed that the earliest books of the bible were written as early as 8,000 BC but as far as i know the earliest (tangible) scrolls are dated in the 2,000 BC range.

spot on that the way the bible is organized was entirely up to those who assembled it. the jewish version is based on the same scrolls and is organized entirely differently. if you actually read the bible, cover to cover, as a book rather than religious instruction, you will most likely come away with the impression that it was written by many different people in many separate fragments, and none of the original authors thought of it as something that would fit together in roughly bible shape (old testament).

the oldest surviving book was Etruscan apparently.

as to who put us here.... i think that's begging the question of "did someone put us here or if not, how did we end up here?" it's human nature to anthropomorphize but the universe is under no obligation whatsoever to indulge us.

well there was a historical figure called Christ, however he wasn't a Christian he was born, lived and died a Jew ! i personally don't believe he was the son of God, but what he preached and taught was fairly basic and fair. however what the fundamental dicks have turned his teachings into is dangerous fanaticism. if Jesus came back to earth now i'm sure he wouldn't believe what is being done in his name. if only these so called "christians" could act in the way he believed the world would be a better place !!

Bingo! Ciaran nailed it. Jesus, good bloke, preached some needed values that sting hold court today, but should have applied himself a little harder at school and chose writing over carpentry. He left his words to be written down by the tabloids of their day. The Bible, ha!

i dunno i heard he was a damn good carpenter. don't be so judgmental.

Bingo! Ciaran nailed it. Jesus, good bloke, preached some needed values that sting hold court today, but should have applied himself a little harder at school and chose writing over carpentry. He left his words to be written down by the tabloids of their day. The Bible, ha!

If he turned up on time and not charge like a wounded bull then he would be a damn fine chippie!!!! :lol::lol:

Interesting enough, scholars of the three "Religions of the book" (being Jewdom, Christianity and Islam) even in our days do not go deeper in several things like:

a) ALL of those books were written by humans - interpreting the "divine wish" as they saw it

B) Nobody ever bothered looking into the way people were thinking at these times. NO, Abraham did not die at the age of 777 years - he just was very old (at least what was considered very old in these times)

c) The New Tesament was written about 100 years AD. So many things can be taken as not accurate

d) In the 3rd to 5th centuries, Christian scholars eliminated facts that would be a point of discussion like siblings of Jesus, the sexual relationship of Jesus with Mary Magdalena etc.

And why not? Just because digging into it would reveal things these people don't like!

So what is the truth? Nobody ever will know (and this concerns not only the Bible but also the Koran and the Talmud), but there are some things that are very likely for Christianity:

a) Either Mary had a sexual relationship with somebody else and Joseph was kind enough to accept it or Mary had a sexual relationship with Joseph before their actual marriage.

B) Jesus was not a bachelor, he had a relationship with Mary Magdalena

c) The so-called "miracles" Jesus did were just things that at this time could not be explained, if not even invented by those who wrote the history down later. This, you also can see easily with other sects and religions.

d) Of course, Jesus had siblings. They are even mentioned in the official bible but interestingly enough, this is a topic of discussion as scholars say that at this time also cousins were referred to as brothers or sisters (similar to Thai culture, where brothers and sisters often are other relatives or friends).

e) Some books were banned by Christian scholars in the 4th to 6th centuries, like the Holy Bible of Tom (Thomas), as these books went deeper into the real life of Jesus and did not correspond with the "purity" a religious leader should have

I am not religious any more (after being a Roman Catholic for some 30 years and having experiences with other main religions), but I like to dig in religious things because they are an important sector of mankinds history. After all of my experience, Buddhism is the only widespread religion that does not cheat on people because Buddha is not so much seen as a unfailable god than more as a human being having found the ultimate wisdom. This is the point ALL other religions of the world are missing.

After all of my experience, Buddhism is the only widespread religion that does not cheat on people ...

Now this is real BS.

Anyone who has spent any reasonable amount of time in Thailand has certainly seen a wide variety of scams perpetrated by Buddhist monks here - from selling amulets with "magic powers", to reading horoscopes and telling fortunes, to the never-ending money-milking schemes of temples such as Wat Dhammakaya.

Now you'll say, but that isn't real Buddhism. But I wonder if you can actually find anyone anywhere actually practicing pure Buddhism. In Thailand and other countries, more often than not, what I've described is what Buddhism IS.

Buddhism, sad to say, is as corrupted as the rest of the religions.

After all of my experience, Buddhism is the only widespread religion that does not cheat on people ...

Now this is real BS.

Anyone who has spent any reasonable amount of time in Thailand has certainly seen a wide variety of scams perpetrated by Buddhist monks here - from selling amulets with "magic powers", to reading horoscopes and telling fortunes, to the never-ending money-milking schemes of temples such as Wat Dhammakaya.

Now you'll say, but that isn't real Buddhism. But I wonder if you can actually find anyone anywhere actually practicing pure Buddhism. In Thailand and other countries, more often than not, what I've described is what Buddhism IS.

Buddhism, sad to say, is as corrupted as the rest of the religions.

I don't know if I was inaccurate with my writing or if you - as usual - are just trying to bash out on people. What I wrote about was the ORIGINAL religion, not what some scams are making out of it (as it occurs in every religion or sect)!

AND: Didn't you read the whole sentence????

Yes, I did read the whole sentence. And most of the other ones in your post. You can make most of the same arguments for the other religions.

You wrote that Buddha IS not seen as an infallible god, but as a human being having found ultimate wisdom.

But many Buddhists DO view him as some sort of infallible god and make offerings and pray to him, asking for interventions in their lives.

So, what I'm saying, is that what you wrote is BS.

Yes, I did read the whole sentence. And most of the other ones in your post. You can make most of the same arguments for the other religions.

You wrote that Buddha IS not seen as an infallible god, but as a human being having found ultimate wisdom.

But many Buddhists DO view him as some sort of infallible god and make offerings and pray to him, asking for interventions in their lives.

BS is what you wrote because you are not able to dicuss in a civilized way. Additionally, you obviously are not capable to understand that I meant the ORIGINAL version of the religion, not at all supporting what people made out of it. So please stay in your hole and don't bother me with your turning words in my mouth!

If he turned up on time and not charge like a wounded bull then he would be a damn fine chippie!!!! :lol::lol:

I hate chippies for the very reason Dave describes. I am sure if God needed work done he would never have chosen him to sit on the right side. Bet he also lied at the interview.... Yeah yeah, Moses, read all about ark....

yeah really. how much game can this yahweh fella really have if he chooses a friggin carpenter for his right hand man. at least it was pre-union...

I hate chippies for the very reason Dave describes. I am sure if God needed work done he would never have chosen him to sit on the right side. Bet he also lied at the interview.... Yeah yeah, Moses, read all about ark....

yeah really. how much game can this yahweh fella really have if he chooses a friggin carpenter for his right hand man. at least it was pre-union...

Well now if the whole trilogy thing would have the union behind it could help get things done after all the catholic churh ain;t what it used to be..

BS is what you wrote because you are not able to dicuss in a civilized way. Additionally, you obviously are not capable to understand that I meant the ORIGINAL version of the religion, not at all supporting what people made out of it. So please stay in your hole and don't bother me with your turning words in my mouth!

Tough sh*t, it's a public forum, and if I think what you wrote is BS, then I'll say so. If you think using the term BS is "uncivilized" then why did you bother to write a long post in a thread that has the word BS in it's title?

If you can't accept criticism of your ideas and defend them without throwing a hissy fit, then I suggest you crawl back in your own hole.

As for your original contention that "original" Buddhism doesn't "cheat" people because it doesn't claim that the Buddha is God or a God, you're overlooking a very basic concept that is part of "original" Buddhism that does sell a bill of goods to people:

Reincarnation.

Just about any Buddhist, then or now, believed the Buddha had lived in many previous incarnations until the final one where he achieved enlightenment and so therefore would not be born again.

This is central to Buddhism, just as God the Creator is central to Judeo-Christian-Islamic beliefs.

If you don't follow the precepts, then you will be reborn and suffer again and again. So follow the precepts - or suffer through endless lives! Just another fairy tale to control people.

Although, I think most people actually would want to be born again and again, rather than believe that this life is all there is.

There is no more proof that reincarnation is true than there is that there is a supreme being, creator or god.

So it's really not all that different from the others.

All these religions have elements of their teachings and practice that are good. And all - IN THEIR ORIGINAL FORMS (which neither you nor I can say what they were were with any certainty anyway, so you're talking out of your tuchus) - have elements that are BS.

Claiming that Buddhism doesn't is BS.