Christianity is Bullsh*t!

CocoaBrotha

Is there a higher power  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a higher power

If you go to a museum you see dinosaur skeletons not half man half monkey skeletons???

There are so many religions in the world I think they all came from the same source and have branched out over the years.

Since I see no proof of evolution although it does exist animals do evolve, I can?t help but believe in a higher power sure religion has been used to make money and control people but generally good for people.

Any my 2 cents hope you have a happy new year 

What do you mean by 'half man half monkey skeletons'? Is this an attempt to dispute the evoltion of man? What museums have you been visiting? Are you not aware that there is a mass of evidence or 'proof' that Homo sapiens sapiens evolved directly from Homo erectus? By the way, that was about 1.8 million years ago - pre-dating the bible's version of history somewhat.

The proof of evolution is all around you, from your opposable thumbs and alledged large brain to the female homo sapiens comparatively enormous breasts, and that's just one animal. You do agree that evolution is present in Animals, right?

Have you ever heard of Australopithicus, Kenyanthropus, Homo habilis, Homo neanderthalensis?

Here's a list of species in chronological order by genus. (copied from Wiki) I would think these species have been identified as a result of the discovery of the skelingtons.

Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus tchadensis

Orrorin

Orrorin tugenensis

Ardipithecus

Ardipithecus kadabba

Ardipithecus ramidus

Australopithecus

Australopithecus anamensis

Australopithecus afarensis

Australopithecus bahrelghazali

Australopithecus africanus

Australopithecus garhi

Paranthropus

Paranthropus aethiopicus

Paranthropus boisei

Paranthropus robustus

Kenyanthropus

Kenyanthropus platyops

Homo

Homo habilis

Homo rudolfensis

Homo ergaster

Homo georgicus

Homo erectus

Homo cepranensis

Homo antecessor

Homo heidelbergensis

Homo rhodesiensis

Homo neanderthalensis

Homo sapiens idaltu

Homo sapiens (Cro-magnon)

Homo sapiens sapiens

Homo floresiensis

By the way - your theory of the evolution of religion makes a great case for the Atlantis theory.

Happy New Year :)

Good to see you can copy and paste so where is that museum you are talking about?

would you know the evidence you seek if it bit you on the ass? i seriously doubt it.

oh so there isn't one IC

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to a museum you see dinosaur skeletons not half man half monkey skeletons???

There are so many religions in the world I think they all came from the same source and have branched out over the years.

Since I see no proof of evolution although it does exist animals do evolve, I can?t help but believe in a higher power sure religion has been used to make money and control people but generally good for people.

a hint: before you can argue against a theory, you have to have some slight clue at least as to what that theory says. since you don't, you'd be better off not mentioning it, unless you *like* being laughed at.

a hint: before you can argue against a theory, you have to have some slight clue at least as to what that theory says. since you don't, you'd be better off not mentioning it, unless you *like* being laughed at.

a hint: before you say someone is arguing they must be disagreeing on something although it does exist animals do evolve???? If you need lame unproven theories to go about your life so be it oh yeah you can laugh all you want I don?t care 

that's good because your semi-retarded comments give me a LOT to laugh about. thanks for your permission. bear in mind that next time it help make you look slightly less dim if you had even the faintest clue as to what the "lame, unproven theories" actually say... then maybe, just maybe, you might have some faint clue as to what "proof" of evolution would consist of, but in your case i doubt it. you've been failing to grasp these very simple concepts for quite a while now.

and incidentially i don't need *any* theories, "lame" "unproven" or otherwise to go about my life. i don't need a "higher power" either. pretty much all there is to that at present is making sure one gets paid enough to afford food and shelter, rinse and repeat until death ain't it.

sounds like you've got a great life you certainly have evolved hope you have hot water!

Probably as are all organized religions.

Do I believe in life after death? Yes I do, but religious zelots have spoiled and ransacked mankind in general.

Lets take two religions Buddhist and Christians.

Buddhist believe your next life is based on how you lived this one.

It has a continuity that is acceptable and creates a consequences for actions.

Christianity is based on if you ask forgiveness all wiped clean.

Hence I believe that is why you find a higher percentage of basically honest Thais verses an inherently dishonest Filipino.

Its only my opinion.

What do you mean by 'half man half monkey skeletons'? Is this an attempt to dispute the evoltion of man? What museums have you been visiting? Are you not aware that there is a mass of evidence or 'proof' that Homo sapiens sapiens evolved directly from Homo erectus? By the way, that was about 1.8 million years ago - pre-dating the bible's version of history somewhat.

The proof of evolution is all around you, from your opposable thumbs and alledged large brain to the female homo sapiens comparatively enormous breasts, and that's just one animal. You do agree that evolution is present in Animals, right?

Have you ever heard of Australopithicus, Kenyanthropus, Homo habilis, Homo neanderthalensis?

Here's a list of species in chronological order by genus. (copied from Wiki) I would think these species have been identified as a result of the discovery of the skelingtons.

Sahelanthropus

Orrorin

Orrorin tugenensis

Ardipithecus

Ardipithecus kadabba

Ardipithecus ramidus

Australopithecus

Australopithecus garhi

Paranthropus

Paranthropus aethiopicus

Paranthropus boisei

Paranthropus robustus

Kenyanthropus

Kenyanthropus platyops

Homo

Homo habilis

Homo rudolfensis

Homo ergaster

Homo georgicus

Homo erectus

Homo cepranensis

Homo antecessor

Homo heidelbergensis

Homo rhodesiensis

Homo neanderthalensis

Homo sapiens idaltu

Homo sapiens sapiens

Homo floresiensis

By the way - your theory of the evolution of religion makes a great case for the Atlantis theory.

Good to see you can copy and paste so where is that museum you are talking about?

would you know the evidence you seek if it bit you on the ass? i seriously doubt it.

oh so there isn't one IC

i didn't say there wasn't, i don't know or care. having actually read a little about the theory you claim is bunk (unlike, say you for example) this isn't what i'd look for.

nothing inherently evil about being ignorant of what "evolution" is--you could, for example, adopt a "don't know, don't care" attitude, which would at least be honest--what disgusts me is that you wear your ignorance like a badge of honor.

sounds like you've got a great life you certainly have evolved hope you have hot water!

my life has its ups and downs, but at least i'm lucky in that being me is thousand times better than being a semi-illiterate "English teacher," in one of the few livable countries where such semi-illiterates actually get hired to teach (albeit at next to no pay).

my life has its ups and downs, but at least i'm lucky in that being me is thousand times better than being a semi-illiterate "English teacher," in one of the few livable countries where such semi-illiterates actually get hired to teach (albeit at next to no pay).

and your point is?

You don't know me or what I do your comments are like water of a ducks back why not stick to the topic?

Glad you've got hot water :-)

and your point is?

You don't know me or what I do your comments are like water of a ducks back why not stick to the topic?

did i say i was talking about you? no. *you* commented on my life, so did i---by comparing it to a life that would suck for me (which is not to say it wouldn't be heaven for someone else).

Glad you've got hot water :-)

got it and use it but it's not really necessary if you live in bangers--the "cold" water is warm enough for showers but hot water is nice for washing dishes.

i'm guessing you have hot water too, seems to be an obsession of yours... if not, dare to dream, those heater thingys are pretty cheap at lotus...

The title of the post is offensive, but nobody seems to mind so far. I wonder what would have happened if the word christianity had been replaced by "Judaism" or "Islam". My guess is that the post would likely have been deleted, or the title changed... :wink: (I understand myself here)

Personally I dont think the title is offensive , rather just another ignorant opinion .

Not here to preach about Christianity , I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs . People can believe in rocks for all I care , just as long as they dont throw them at me .

That is my philosophy .

Good point about Judaism and in particular Islam ; just ask Salman Rushdie .

And why not? Just because digging into it would reveal things these people don't like!

So what is the truth? Nobody ever will know (and this concerns not only the Bible but also the Koran and the Talmud), but there are some things that are very likely for Christianity:

a) Either Mary had a sexual relationship with somebody else and Joseph was kind enough to accept it or Mary had a sexual relationship with Joseph before their actual marriage.

B) Jesus was not a bachelor, he had a relationship with Mary Magdalena

c) The so-called "miracles" Jesus did were just things that at this time could not be explained, if not even invented by those who wrote the history down later. This, you also can see easily with other sects and religions.

d) Of course, Jesus had siblings. They are even mentioned in the official bible but interestingly enough, this is a topic of discussion as scholars say that at this time also cousins were referred to as brothers or sisters (similar to Thai culture, where brothers and sisters often are other relatives or friends).

e) Some books were banned by Christian scholars in the 4th to 6th centuries, like the Holy Bible of Tom (Thomas), as these books went deeper into the real life of Jesus and did not correspond with the "purity" a religious leader should have

Interesting ..... OPINIONS !!!

Yeah, but it's a darn shame Teachers in our country don't really live much better Albeit New York is on the right track. And believe it or not some of those "English teacher's" can become "literate".

Sahelanthropus

Orrorin

Orrorin tugenensis

Ardipithecus

Ardipithecus kadabba

Ardipithecus ramidus

Australopithecus

Australopithecus garhi

Paranthropus

Paranthropus aethiopicus

Paranthropus boisei

Paranthropus robustus

Kenyanthropus

Kenyanthropus platyops

Homo

Homo habilis

Homo rudolfensis

Homo ergaster

Homo georgicus

Homo erectus

Homo cepranensis

Homo antecessor

Homo heidelbergensis

Homo rhodesiensis

Homo neanderthalensis

Homo sapiens idaltu

Homo sapiens sapiens

Homo floresiensis

Should I dignify this dross with an answer? I've got a spare 30 seconds, I guess.

Is it really that good? You don't think I'm the kind of person to memorise the entire chronology of species of the evolution of man in order by genus, do you? And then type it!! Come on, it clearly states I copied it. That's not the point. Have you got an answers to the questions I asked?

Natural History Meseum in London to name but one of possibly hundreds. I won't ask if you've been to a museum.

Do you think there is no such museum? What do you think is done with all the skelingtons? Chucked back in the ground?

Mate, get an education, please!

Yeah, but it's a darn shame Teachers in our country don't really live much better Albeit New York is on the right track. And believe it or not some of those "English teacher's" can become "literate".

my mom's a teacher in new jersey. i can easily make more money word processing (translation: typing) at a temp job in new york if i ran out of other ways to pay the bills. that's sad.

i've met some literate English teachers in Thailand, but on a parts-per-million basis they are shockingly, depressingly scarce. to be fair though nondescript grey in-betweens, outnumber the sleazebags (young and old), but the sleazebags still outnumber the literate professional types (and yes, i'm aware that some dipshit is about to make a tired joke about how i need to stop hanging out in gogo bars YAWN).

And why not? Just because digging into it would reveal things these people don't like!

So what is the truth? Nobody ever will know (and this concerns not only the Bible but also the Koran and the Talmud), but there are some things that are very likely for Christianity:

a) Either Mary had a sexual relationship with somebody else and Joseph was kind enough to accept it or Mary had a sexual relationship with Joseph before their actual marriage.

B) Jesus was not a bachelor, he had a relationship with Mary Magdalena

c) The so-called "miracles" Jesus did were just things that at this time could not be explained, if not even invented by those who wrote the history down later. This, you also can see easily with other sects and religions.

d) Of course, Jesus had siblings. They are even mentioned in the official bible but interestingly enough, this is a topic of discussion as scholars say that at this time also cousins were referred to as brothers or sisters (similar to Thai culture, where brothers and sisters often are other relatives or friends).

e) Some books were banned by Christian scholars in the 4th to 6th centuries, like the Holy Bible of Tom (Thomas), as these books went deeper into the real life of Jesus and did not correspond with the "purity" a religious leader should have

Interesting ..... OPINIONS !!!

opinion and religion what's the difference anyway

blind (or stupid) faith ....

Sahelanthropus

Orrorin

Orrorin tugenensis

Ardipithecus

Ardipithecus kadabba

Ardipithecus ramidus

Australopithecus

Australopithecus garhi

Paranthropus

Paranthropus aethiopicus

Paranthropus boisei

Paranthropus robustus

Kenyanthropus

Kenyanthropus platyops

Homo

Homo habilis

Homo rudolfensis

Homo ergaster

Homo georgicus

Homo erectus

Homo cepranensis

Homo antecessor

Homo heidelbergensis

Homo rhodesiensis

Homo neanderthalensis

Homo sapiens idaltu

Homo sapiens sapiens

Homo floresiensis

Should I dignify this dross with an answer? I've got a spare 30 seconds, I guess.

Is it really that good? You don't think I'm the kind of person to memorise the entire chronology of species of the evolution of man in order by genus, do you? And then type it!! Come on, it clearly states I copied it. That's not the point. Have you got an answers to the questions I asked?

Natural History Meseum in London to name but one of possibly hundreds. I won't ask if you've been to a museum.

Do you think there is no such museum? What do you think is done with all the skelingtons? Chucked back in the ground?

Mate, get an education, please!

Oh gee really you have that much time for God feel very sorry for you hope life gets better but doesnt it always :-)

my mom's a teacher in new jersey. i can easily make more money word processing (translation: typing) at a temp job in new york if i ran out of other ways to pay the bills. that's sad.

i've met some literate English teachers in Thailand, but on a parts-per-million basis they are shockingly, depressingly scarce. to be fair though nondescript grey in-betweens, outnumber the sleazebags (young and old), but the sleazebags still outnumber the literate professional types (and yes, i'm aware that some dipshit is about to make a tired joke about how i need to stop hanging out in gogo bars YAWN).

Thats what I like about you Zeusbheld is your honesty!

was that the required gogo bar joke? the careful observer will note that i didn't *confess* to having anything to do with gogo bars, just that i expected someone to make a joke about it. i don't need gogo bars, there are more than enough sleazebags hanging out near any thai consulate renewing their visas for the billionth time to meet my sleazebag quota...

was that the required gogo bar joke? the careful observer will note that i didn't *confess* to having anything to do with gogo bars, just that i expected someone to make a joke about it. i don't need gogo bars, there are more than enough sleazebags hanging out near any thai consulate renewing their visas for the billionth time to meet my sleazebag quota...

Like I said I don't care quotas arnt an option quality is never paid as that option but we always pay not an observer or carful just me but on that note sleezebags or otherwize it takes two to tango doesn't make a right from a wrong neads are met.

Like I said I don't care quotas arnt an option quality is never paid as that option but we always pay not an observer or carful just me but on that note sleezebags or otherwize it takes two to tango doesn't make a right from a wrong neads are met.

? not quite sure what you're on about here. presumably "quotas are not an option" means *for you*? i don't think it applies to everyone,

what wrong? what right? what needs? i suppose needs (or at least wants) are being met all around bangers... quite possibly elsewhere even

"quality is never paid" is that in reference to gogo bars or in life in general? either way never say never. what i tend to look for is rare in bangers and not likely to be found in gogo bars or by being an english teacher in order to seduce teenagers. again, not talking about you, unless it looks familiar or som'n. not being judgmental just an observation.

HOWEVER

none of that brings us closer to that eternal question "is there a prime mover?" as in GOD.

nor will a thread on TF.

claiming "science" the world of testable, measurable things, NEEDS a prime mover is absurd. wasn't there something in the bible about "give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's?" (new testament somewhere, it's been a while).

bottom line is, if you need God to give the spark of life or whatever, you might be in trouble when new evidence comes up. if you maintain God as outside of the world of cause and effect then your God is impervious to facts. there is, however, a small philosophical problem of how that prime mover actually moves anything, being outside of it and all...

that said, so much is outside of the realm of "science" at this point in time that it seems rather feeble to hide behind an ill-informed claim that a particular theory must be false because.... why again? oh yeah. right. coz you don't like it.

I'm having a time tonight wondering about how to deal with the Church thang. I don't have a problem with Jesus but I do with what the church has done with his words. I mean the accept me and only thru me do you get the free pass to heaven. He never said that at all. But I do have someone close to me who is seeming into Bible study a bit more then I was aware and I have to talk to them about it. My dilemma is not wanting to be condesending about it and be respectful of the person who obviously feels a need and doesn't have the education about religions that I do. I have some interesting talks coming up for sure. I mean we have the right to believe as we want and I want to express myself with out being a prick. :twisted:

(dictionary)

FAITH noun:

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.

2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

All religions ultimately require an act of faith from the indiviual. Therefore, whenever we talk about God etc, we just dont have all the facts. We have some facts mixed up in miriad opinions dating back 1000's of years.

Religion, or rather Faith, is by definition illogical (as Spock would say). Bouncing opinions around within this great mysterious chasm we call 'leap of faith' can never ultimately get anywhere.

You either have faith, or you dont.

(dictionary)

FAITH noun:

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.

2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

All religions ultimately require an act of faith from the indiviual. Therefore, whenever we talk about God etc, we just dont have all the facts. We have some facts mixed up in miriad opinions dating back 1000's of years.

Religion, or rather Faith, is by definition illogical (as Spock would say). Bouncing opinions around within this great mysterious chasm we call 'leap of faith' can never ultimately get anywhere.

You either have faith, or you dont.

EXACTLY.

which is exactly where biblical literalists get in serious danger of looking like feebs.

there *are* some things that can be settled *without* faith, using mere facts. to posit that theories built on facts are rubbish because they contradict scripture is delusionally, sickeningly stupid.

even Jesus said "give unto caesar that which is caesar's" if i'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I don't believe in any religion, because they all say the same thing, Be a follower or burn in hell!!!!:twisted:

I guess back then it was easier to scare the piss out of people. Much like with Christian radical republicans of today. By the way, I still believe in the sun, being GOD. Without the sun, you can't look into it's light, Hmm, I wonder where did they get that info from anyway. Without the sun, no light, no plants, no food, no air to breath Means= No LIFE!!!!