Would you marry an (ex) prostitute?

R.Win

The discussion which started out in the "sextourists don't mess with me yadyya" has turned to prostitution. And obviously some people respect them and some don't. Myself I don't have problems with them, not at all. HOWEVER I could not date somebody who has done that kind of work, at least I don't think I could, let alone marry. Some women have a certain grace which you just can feel is right for you, the waythey move, talk, laugh, the way they put on their make up or pull their hair into a tail... you name it. BUT if they slept with people for money that image would fall apart because even though she is everything you'd ever hoped for I would always think about that period where she got paid to get laid, I could not live with that because of my own mind which could not let it rest.

I'd like to hear what other people think about dating/marrying an (ex) prostitute, the ones who don't mind especially. :roll:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an old Thai saying that roughly translates as "Love me, love my dog" which applies to the girl's whole family and life etc and not just her on her own.

This can also be applied to being in a relationship with or marrying a "hooker" as well. To do this, one should expect that she will come with the the whole life, 'friends', habits, beliefs and all the experiences too.

"You can take a girl out of the bar, but its almost impossible to take the bar out of the girl"

There is no wrong or right thing to do. If one falls in love with a "hooker" and wants to marry her, then I would hope they both have their eyes wide open.

For me personally, I would not. I am perfectly happy with my wonderful Thai good girl who is everything (and more) to me.

My friends come from all walks of life and as such i've learnt not to judge people on their perceived shortcomings however my weaknesses preclude me from dating or marrying a prostitute. Every argument would eventually come back to shut it woman you're a *****... I'm weak, I know

Apart from that I can't imagine we'd have anything to talk about...

And I don't believe in these so called tarts with hearts out their waiting for the right knight to rescue them from their plight... if I may "79" for a while.

Ultimately it all boils down to trust, I don't think i could trust an ex hooker, least of all her medical history!!! No trust, no relationship.

I'm assuming we're talking global hookers and not just Thai :?

what he said.

as for the "love me love my dog" business... i wouldn't marry anyone with a dog either, unless its vocal cords had been removed. i used to like dogs. then i moved here. not a moral judgment or disrespect toward dog owners either.

My friends come from all walks of life and as such i've learnt not to judge people on their perceived shortcomings however my weaknesses preclude me from dating or marrying a prostitute. Every argument would eventually come back to shut it woman you're a *****... I'm weak, I know

Apart from that I can't imagine we'd have anything to talk about...

And I don't believe in these so called tarts with hearts out their waiting for the right knight to rescue them from their plight... if I may "79" for a while.

Ultimately it all boils down to trust, I don't think i could trust an ex hooker, least of all her medical history!!! No trust, no relationship.

I'm assuming we're talking global hookers and not just Thai :?

what he said.

as for the "love me love my dog" business... i wouldn't marry anyone with a dog either, unless its vocal cords had been removed. i used to like dogs. then i moved here. not a moral judgment or disrespect toward dog owners either.

and what about teeth? i dont care about barking ...remove the teeth better . and then let him barks all the fuking night ! :evil:

I guess my answer would be yes. I think I would trust a hooker more than some of the women in society. Women marry for money everyday, they might not have sex for money, but they still marry for it. Not saying all women, I would never be that inclusive, but I have had a few gold diggers in the past. At least with a hooker, I know where she stands. She is at least being honest and up front about it. Instead of hiding behind the pretense of what societal definition of being a good girl is, while she is still in a relationship with you for money.

If a girl is in prostitution because of reasons that are outside of her control, then mentally she is not a prostitute, but is simply surviving the only way she can. I have always found that if you find a woman who loves you, really loves you, which you can tell if you pay attention to her. Then it does not matter what her past is she will be loyal and honest with you. Instead of writing off someone as a person you cannot trust, try actually paying attention to her, understanding her past, where she came from and maybe you might just find that diamond in the rough.

If not, there is always people like me who respects them and will pick a few of them up from their place in society and give them a different direction and purpose in life. I do this because I know, there is no one more loyal and thankful than a prostitute that was saved from their miserable existence.

Occasionally. Just occasionally.... TF gives me a really good laugh.

I guess my answer would be yes. I think I would trust a hooker more than some of the women in society. Women marry for money everyday, they might not have sex for money, but they still marry for it. Not saying all women, I would never be that inclusive, but I have had a few gold diggers in the past. At least with a hooker, I know where she stands. She is at least being honest and up front about it. Instead of hiding behind the pretense of what societal definition of being a good girl is, while she is still in a relationship with you for money.

If a girl is in prostitution because of reasons that are outside of her control, then mentally she is not a prostitute, but is simply surviving the only way she can. I have always found that if you find a woman who loves you, really loves you, which you can tell if you pay attention to her. Then it does not matter what her past is she will be loyal and honest with you. Instead of writing off someone as a person you cannot trust, try actually paying attention to her, understanding her past, where she came from and maybe you might just find that diamond in the rough.

If not, there is always people like me who respects them and will pick a few of them up from their place in society and give them a different direction and purpose in life. I do this because I know, there is no one more loyal and thankful than a prostitute that was saved from their miserable existence.

Occasionally. Just occasionally.... TF gives me a really good laugh.

and sometimes it feels like an aicd trip !!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'd like to hear what other people think about dating/marrying an (ex) prostitute, the ones who don't mind especially. :roll:

No.

You usually don't know everything about a girl you're dating. I have read that there is a good percent (maybe 10%) of girls that perform sex-for-money thing when young/students etc. If you end with a girl like that then you will never get to know what she used to be into. And where I live if a girl does it, then it is never about money but about being attracted to that, to have sex with other man and to get paid for that. That is a serious psycholgical problem. Then there are more subtle ways of similar behaviour and I tend to know some girls who were into things that most of their boyfriends would never approve if only they knew. Only that they found boyfriends that knew nothing about that and started behaving differently.

Then you are asking a question about a girl that worked as a prostitute, had thousands of men... OK, she certainly has a good story but I think that people who fall for that are very naive. Even if she was OK person when it started she would be corrupt and damaged heavily after a while. One may want to help such person (and a woman is usually better for that) but dating or getting married is just too much, very stupid thing to do with life.

'ozode' im not sure what brand of humour you are using here, but i hope you are because i find some of you words quite distrurbing purhaps i have misunderstood you...

example:

"...there is always people like me who respects them and will pick a few of them up from their place in society and give them a different direction and purpose in life. I do this because I know, there is no one more loyal and thankful than a prostitute that was saved from their miserable existence"

Can I ask how you achieved such God-like status to have the right to look down on people you consider to have "miserable existance"?

And, pray tell, what kind of "different direction and purpose in life" would you so kindly give them?

I am on my knees waiting for your oh-so-wise answer.

(need a laugh right now)

:)

What amazes me is that no farang would marry a hooker in their own country so why on earth would they think its okay in Thailand?.

Personally I think a large number of farang here in Thailand have the opinion that all girls here are involved in the sex trade.

Unfortunately these sorts of farang tend to be disgusting and old with an insecurity complex.

What amazes me is that no farang would marry a hooker in their own country so why on earth would they think its okay in Thailand?.

Personally I think a large number of farang here in Thailand have the opinion that all girls here are involved in the sex trade.

Unfortunately these sorts of farang tend to be disgusting and old with an insecurity complex.

that's not true or fair. a lot of them are disgusting and young, too. or disgusting and somewhere in between.

as for the 'insecurity complex' you *could* just say they're insecure, without resorting to psuedo-clinical jargon.

Prabably I would.

Anyone who looks desparate/poor/in need of some help attracts me.

Yes, I realise I am a fool.

Yes, I realise I have to be carefull with my life.

That's why I'm trying to do my best to avoid actually meeting one (adult one at least but that's a loong story - I spend some time and money for causes like helping violence and traffic victims).

In a word... No

But at the same time i have been brought up to be able to never say never... But im sure if everyone sits down and has a long hard think about the question most people would say no...

so if i ask you, and i'm persistent, you might... good news! yay me!

say hello to your new bride, sugar daddy.

Does this process of giving purpose to poor prostitutes include sex at some point? Or do you find enough pleasure just by playing somebody that is far above miserable creatures that other people are?

Hmm,

So, if a woman is with a man a gets money etc... from him she's a prostitue. If a man is with a woman and gets money etc.. from her he is a "macho" and all of his friends are jealous!

I guess we could be a little open minded. If/when you meet a partner that you like, why do you have to dig the past? The past is the past, everyone of us has the "skeletons in the closet" Isn't the main purpose that you enjoy being together etc...?