Movie comments

bigKus

Darjeeling_Limited_Poster.jpg

Anyone has seen this movie please give away a comment or two.. :)

I saw the beginning and got bored . Has a great cast and good visuals of india but no energy and not any action. It might have got better if I hung in there but I didn't. my opinion of course ......

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An English/Thai coproduction about a Danish-Thai relationship out in the cinemas now:

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/6120/53/

Here is a trailer:

http://cineuropa.org/trailer.aspx?lang=en&documentID=84325

a story about a white guy shacking up with a hooker??? gee no one ever thought of that before. :roll:

so what else is the rest of the movies we are talking about ? :roll:

An English/Thai coproduction about a Danish-Thai relationship out in the cinemas now:

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/6120/53/

Here is a trailer:

http://cineuropa.org/trailer.aspx?lang=en&documentID=84325

a story about a white guy shacking up with a hooker??? gee no one ever thought of that before. :roll:

so what else is the rest of the movies we are talking about ? :roll:

generally, other subjects. ones that haven't been done as often as that one (or as poorly as it usually is).

most of those shacks-up-with-a-hooker films barely have a festival run (and with good reason, imo, as they tend to be mediocre films about a boring subject, at least the one's i've had the misfortune to see). it amazes me what passes for 'psychologically complex art films'; the real deal--watching actual sex tourists fall in love with actual bargirls--tends to be far more interesting, but still is about as exciting as watching paint dry...

of course *this* film is probably different, special, and much better :roll:

hey, farrang indie filmmakers! i have an idea!!! if we're gonna make films in Thailand, let's make something besides films about old guys and/or english teachers falling in love with hookers!! m'kay?

and while we're at it, all those 'writers' who are writing those trashy 'hard boiled' detective 'novels' set in the bargirl scene... try applying your (in most cases, extremely limited) talent to a different subject and see what happens. just once, please. then you can go back to dressing up your hooker stories with as many cliches as you can type...

Dear BigKus,

I have bought that movie for a while but have not had time to watch it yet. I'll let you know how it is. I guess it should be funny.

Sprite

Dear Sprite

Im watching it now.. it's fun.. a bit strange story but fun.. especially if you live , close or hang out with siblings..

bigK:)

Darjeeling_Limited_Poster.jpg

Anyone has seen this movie please give away a comment or two.. :)

I saw the beginning and got bored . Has a great cast and good visuals of india but no energy and not any action. It might have got better if I hung in there but I didn't. my opinion of course ......

Watched.. strongly recommend just if you like movie with many feeling expression.. :)

when i saw the trailers and ads for "hancock" i thought, 'this will be sh*t.' but it's getting lots of good reviews, and sounds like it might actually be pretty interesting. the advertising sells it short apparently. i'm actually gonna go see this one sooner or later (probably).

the advertising oversells it .... it is **** !!!!

when i saw the trailers and ads for "hancock" i thought, 'this will be sh*t.' but it's getting lots of good reviews, and sounds like it might actually be pretty interesting. the advertising sells it short apparently. i'm actually gonna go see this one sooner or later (probably).

the advertising oversells it .... it is sh*t !!!!

yeah i just heard more word-of-mouth from a more reliable source who deeply hated it. i won't bother.

juno.jpg

I just saw this tonight. JUNO. Fantastically well written movie. The story is simple, but you never get bored. The dialogue is authentic and the acting is great -- especially if you were a fan of "Arrested Development." Definitely worth seeing.

good film. saw it in thai theater where absolutely nobody was laughing at the dialogue except me. felt a bit self conscious. then the sonic youth cover of superstar was there and i got blown away. Never heard it before. My Thai friend thought the film was sad but she liked the Superstar cover, which said a bit about her sensibilities.

juno.jpg

I just saw this tonight. JUNO. Fantastically well written movie. The story is simple, but you never get bored. The dialogue is authentic and the acting is great -- especially if you were a fan of "Arrested Development." Definitely worth seeing.

Yeah pretty funny and sad in the same time.Worth watching like you said :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone seen Batman : The Dark Knight ?? Pls comment..

What about Heath Ledger as the Joker... ?? Did you miss him while watching ?? :(

The movie is just great.The first one look like **** compare to this one.The movie is pretty dark but thanks to the character of the joker pretty fun in the same time(Oh my god the pen trick :lol: ).Ledger is awsome ,he dont play the joker,he really is the joker.And yes i did miss him while watching the movie and i cant stop myself to think what they gonna do for the part 3.

What about Heath Ledger as the Joker... ?? Did you miss him while watching ?? :(

The movie is just great.The first one look like sh*t compare to this one.The movie is pretty dark but thanks to the character of the joker pretty fun in the same time(Oh my god the pen trick :lol: ).Ledger is awsome ,he dont play the joker,he really is the joker.And yes i did miss him while watching the movie and i cant stop myself to think what they gonna do for the part 3.

Okay.. thanks ,palmyfan, going to see this weekend but Heath Ledger got me hesitated as i would miss him too much ..( I havent seen Brokeback Mountain till now because i cant stand of him as manly gayist :( )

sleepy mak mak i can tell, good that i got free movie ticket naa... if not àÊÕ´ÒÂ

Hmm...OK I know there are a lot of fans of Batman and of the various actors, but seriously - it was WAY too long I thought...it just kept going on and on...

The effects were very good, the acting was fair, the whole movie left me feeling a bit down though - it was dark - dark humour (if you could call the ravings of the lunatic Joker "humour") but the actual story was drawn out too much I thought - I found myself hoping it would finish soon. Grezzzy loved it of course...hehe...

We also saw Hellboy 2, The Golden Army - which I really started thinking was a movie in search of a reason for existing. Very good CG, loads of good effects etc, but ... I kept wondering why ... why was there a movie about this...I mean apart from the obvious reason, being to make money. I guess in a way I enjoyed the movie, but I do have some problems with movie physics...cant help it...the engineer in me keeps saying "WTF?!" Oh well...its ONLY a movie...it's ONLY a movie...

Also saw an extremely poor copy of the movie "Hancock" - and this was ANOTHER depressing movie - a super hero who is basically an arsehole/drunk/bum, who screws up everything whenever he "rescues" someone - it suffered from the same problem that Batman did at one point where, despite the fact that the superhero has been saving lives and trying to make things right - he is wanted by the cops as an outlaw - I don't think any superhero was ever arrested in the comic book versions were they? Dunno, maybe they were...

In the end Hancock supposedly "makes good" by sorting himself out and doing the superhero stuff properly, but the un-funny script and the plodding pace, not to mention the general feel of the movie, just made me want it to be over...

...maybe I just had a bad weekend for movies...dunno... but the good part was that I got back home to Bangkok for the weekend, so I guess at least I was able to go out with my dearest and see a movie or two - even if they weren't wonderful in my opinion...hehe!

Anyone seen Batman : The Dark Knight ?? Pls comment....

a friend of mine, a filmmaker, sent me an sms claiming it is "the best movie in the history of movies."

i haven't seen it yet. he'd better at least be close or i'll see to it that everyone he knows laughs at him for the rest of his life.

a friend of mine, a filmmaker, sent me an sms claiming it is "the best movie in the history of movies."

i haven't seen it yet. he'd better at least be close or i'll see to it that everyone he knows laughs at him for the rest of his life.

I saw it last weekend. I did not like it very much. I understand why something like 94% of the critics (on rottentomatoes) say it was good, or even very good. it has great acting and great dialogue, but the story line is less than great and it just goes on for an hour longer than it should. the game theory bit seemed contrived and unnecessary. lots of people like this film..... but I am not one of them.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

how about "Be kind rewind" I just got a free ticket to see that movie tomorrow night.

is it screening in bangers? where?

i got the dvd, haven't watched it yet though. that's a Michel Gondry film. he's the one who directed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."

do post what you think of it, pls.

how about "Be kind rewind" I just got a free ticket to see that movie tomorrow night.

is it screening in bangers? where?

Got free tickets from TRUE kha... see it at Major cineplex, Ratchayothin.

i got the dvd, haven't watched it yet though. that's a Michel Gondry film. he's the one who directed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."

I have heard his name before ... but haven't seen his film yet... may be I should download this movie tonight.

do post what you think of it, pls.

First thing first... I will see " Be kind rewind" tomorrow night and I will let you know what I think about it.

But this time I checked this movie official site... it's so cool... now I enjoy swede myself.

I have just heard it wasn't as good as Batman Begins - a few too many extras, too much going on instead of keeping it dark, action packed and simple. Might shoot off and see it tonight so will let you know!