Movie comments

bigKus

Anyone seen Batman : The Dark Knight ?? Pls comment....

a friend of mine, a filmmaker, sent me an sms claiming it is "the best movie in the history of movies."

i haven't seen it yet. he'd better at least be close or i'll see to it that everyone he knows laughs at him for the rest of his life.

I have just heard it wasn't as good as Batman Begins - a few too many extras, too much going on instead of keeping it dark, action packed and simple. Might shoot off and see it tonight so will let you know!

haven't seen "Batman Begins" either, but my understanding is both movies are based on comic books by Frank Miler. His Dark Night comic book mini series was what got hipsters reading superhero comics, along with stuff written by Neil Gaiman (Sandman) and Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, The Watchmen).

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a friend of mine, a filmmaker, sent me an sms claiming it is "the best movie in the history of movies."

i haven't seen it yet. he'd better at least be close or i'll see to it that everyone he knows laughs at him for the rest of his life.

I have just heard it wasn't as good as Batman Begins - a few too many extras, too much going on instead of keeping it dark, action packed and simple. Might shoot off and see it tonight so will let you know!

haven't seen "Batman Begins" either, but my understanding is both movies are based on comic books by Frank Miler. His Dark Night comic book mini series was what got hipsters reading superhero comics, along with stuff written by Neil Gaiman (Sandman) and Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, The Watchmen).

The Dark Knight justified the hype in my eyes. Not sure how it got away with a PG-13 rating though. A lot of the Joker's scenes are rather disturbing. I also like it because it doesn't have the typical comic book "hero/villain" lines drawn in the sand.

I saw this a few months ago and thought it was good, it's kinda weird but original. I normally check IMDB before I watch a movie to see what rating it gets and this got 8.4/10 which I think is about right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477348/

I just watched hancock which is worth a look, it's a bit silly but the effects are good and it made me laugh. I'd give it 7/10

Worst film of this year for me is Redbelt, poor plot and acting.

Hmm..yes I think your friend is stretching it a bit - one of my colleagues saw it over the weekend as well and he too thought it had ended two or three times, and his feeling was that it was a bit too long.

Absolutely correct in that the Joker is a very dark figure, and certainly well acted, but as the whole point is that Batman is a comic-book superhero, I really think the movie is attempting to make Batman into a drama, rather than what it should be - a slightly silly, but fun, action packed comic book "thriller".

It's well made, well shot, well acted, but I just feel that it has missed the whole point of the Batman story, or at least of the way the Batman story has been presented before. I am not sure that I can accept the guy in the Batsuit and black makeup being taken so seriously...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's well made, well shot, well acted, but I just feel that it has missed the whole point of the Batman story, or at least of the way the Batman story has been presented before. I am not sure that I can accept the guy in the Batsuit and black makeup being taken so seriously...

well I have a backdated collection of batman comics since the 70's and it's a spot on interpretation of the batman. The love hate relationship between the joker and batman.

Its form versus chaos the best comic book film of all time and in the states the second most grossing movie of all time in the states and its been out 4 weeks there so far so thats not bad.

If you think that the film batman and robin was spot on or you liked the sixties series then this movie may surprise you.

To say the dark knight isnt a dark film is well.... stypid really.

Zuesbheld there is a frank miller influnce there and a lots been taken from the long halloween. Have you see it yet and if so what were your thoughts? I assume you havent read dark knight returns by miller and if so thoughts on that?

• 3 weeks later...
Something NOBODY will probably enjoy is the upcoming ass raped version of "Bangkok Dangerous" the thai movie was off the chain main!

8427-large.jpg

featuring the illegally cute Premsinee Ratanasopha, her actingwork was so nice, I fell in love with her right after the scene where she takes the time and effort to help the deaf dumb assasin (at that point she doesn't know that though :shock: ) unlike her shallow colleague.

prem_17l.jpg

BUT NOW!!! they just had to go and F up another goodass movie :? what the F are they thinking? Nicolas Cage? The power of the original was the credibility the thai guy had looking like an average normal guy. But they decided to hire ghostrider to national treasure his ass from an island ruled by women who think they are bees down to bangkok to... ah well. JUST DON'T WATCH IT!!! :evil:

IMG_25.jpg It's even redone by the original duo which would be the Pang brothers... SELL OUTS!!! breaks your heart doesn't it?

I'm happy to announce that the ass raping of this classic thai move has been punished by something worse (if possible) by the public.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080907/122082249400.html

Thank you good people of the world for not seeing this horrible trash. :D Whoever said things are getting worse in this world? People really joined hands and decided together not to see this poor piece of film. Now that's some unseen brotherly love :)

Something NOBODY will probably enjoy is the upcoming ass raped version of "Bangkok Dangerous" the thai movie was off the chain main!

8427-large.jpg

featuring the illegally cute Premsinee Ratanasopha, her actingwork was so nice, I fell in love with her right after the scene where she takes the time and effort to help the deaf dumb assasin (at that point she doesn't know that though :shock: ) unlike her shallow colleague.

prem_17l.jpg

BUT NOW!!! they just had to go and F up another goodass movie :? what the F are they thinking? Nicolas Cage? The power of the original was the credibility the thai guy had looking like an average normal guy. But they decided to hire ghostrider to national treasure his ass from an island ruled by women who think they are bees down to bangkok to... ah well. JUST DON'T WATCH IT!!! :evil:

IMG_25.jpg It's even redone by the original duo which would be the Pang brothers... SELL OUTS!!! breaks your heart doesn't it?

I'm happy to announce that the ass raping of this classic thai move has been punished by something worse (if possible) by the public.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080907/122082249400.html

Thank you good people of the world for not seeing this horrible trash. :D Whoever said things are getting worse in this world? People really joined hands and decided together not to see this poor piece of film. Now that's some unseen brotherly love :)

Regrettably I have seen it! And it was all you imagined and worse. Nick Cage strolling through Soi Cowboy and struggling with Tom Yum - and the hair extensions again - buddy, you looked fuc*en stupid in CONAIR and NEXT, you are bald c*nt, give it up!

Regrettably I have seen it! And it was all you imagined and worse. Nick Cage strolling through Soi Cowboy and struggling with Tom Yum - and the hair extensions again - buddy, you looked fuc*en stupid in CONAIR and NEXT, you are bald c*nt, give it up!

I am truly sorry for your money and time wasted, maybe after this crap Hollywood will give up on him too, amazing they didn't after the 7eleven with a 9 movie. :?

I am truly sorry for your money and time wasted, maybe after this crap Hollywood will give up on him too, amazing they didn't after the 7eleven with a 9 movie. :?

Yea - maybe it's the joys of being a Coppola!

I haven't been able to get hold of a copy of the original BKK Dangerous though! In fact, I have real trouble finding Thai DVD's with English subtitles!

• 3 weeks later...
Bangkok Dangerous has released in theatre over the weekend, with Nicolas Cage.

Can anyone give a review on it? Is it worth for 2 hours of your life? Cheers.

AHEM!!! just look at the posts before yours :) I myself had already warned about not wasting your time on this one long before it came out, so here's another review... IT SUCKS **** THROUGH A STRAW :!:

AHEM!!! just look at the posts before yours :) I myself had already warned about not wasting your time on this one long before it came out, so here's another review... IT SUCKS sh*t THROUGH A STRAW :!:

Why did people figure a Nicolas Cage movie would be worth dragging their arses out of their flats? Except for "Raising Arizona", he's rubbish...

AHEM!!! just look at the posts before yours :) I myself had already warned about not wasting your time on this one long before it came out, so here's another review... IT SUCKS sh*t THROUGH A STRAW :!:

Why did people figure a Nicolas Cage movie would be worth dragging their arses out of their flats? Except for "Raising Arizona", he's rubbish...

INDEED!

He had a good patch there for awhile with Leaving Las Vegas and Adaptation.

Career is down the dumper now though, started with Con Air.

I'll give Con Air some credit... I figured it would be lump of camel turd. But, it was merely a lump of dog turd. Sometimes, knowing that a movie is going to be "****" makes it a LOT better than what you were expecting...

He had a good patch there for awhile with Leaving Las Vegas and Adaptation.

Career is down the dumper now though, started with Con Air.

I'll give Con Air some credit... I figured it would be lump of camel turd. But, it was merely a lump of dog turd. Sometimes, knowing that a movie is going to be "sh*t" makes it a LOT better than what you were expecting...

Matchstick Men was good.

But The Wicker Man was.... I can't even describe how bad it was... but it was.