Silliest things to happen to me in Bangkok

Guest hungrycentipede

Question

Guest hungrycentipede

For me Thailand is one of those countries where, no matter how much I try, I just can?t help feeling like I?ve become Mr. Bean.

Here is my top-ten list of things which have happened to me which nobody back in the UK would ever believe.

1. Stripping off to just my rolled up trousers and walking from World Trade Center to Chitlom barefoot during the rainy season to keep my teaching clothes dry

2. Seeing 3 soi dogs having sex at the same time

3. Meeting a guy who'd legally changed his name to 'Dr. Christ Ecstasy?

4. Atending the most significant business meeting of my life in an 89 baht Khao Sarn Road shirt and sandals.

5. Have a bar girl introduce herself with the phrase ?Hi, have I slept with you before??

6. Chats with 50 year old fat drunks who wish me to believe they are US mercenaries.

7. Typing up my teaching assistant with rope and teaching my students how to threaten and intimidate her.

8. Getting fired from Satit Chula for teaching the kids various creative ways to kill their teachers

9. Seeing a high-society looking girl lose her skirt as she walked up the BTS steps.

10. Discovering (just yesterday in fact) that I have a switch in my house to control the streetlights on the road.

There's so many reasons to belive that Thailand is often a planet to itself. I'd love to know your experiences here too. Please show me that I am not alone in this crazy city.

- Hungrycentipede

15 answers to this question

1. driving on the right side of the road. (hey! I'm on the right side how can that be wrong)

2. trying to pack my own stuff in a supermarket. (well, i got used to it...dont touch my stuffs!)

3. my mom yelled at me as i was trying to drink tap water (i know, but it's my habbit...give me a break!) :oops:

1. driving on the right side of the road. (hey! I'm on the right side how can that be wrong)

2. trying to pack my own stuff in a supermarket. (well, i got used to it...dont touch my stuffs!)

3. my mom yelled at me as i was trying to drink tap water (i know, but it's my habbit...give me a break!) :oops:

Is Norway the only country left in the world where drinking tapwater is normal? :shock:

1. Seing a farang and a Thaigirl "getting it on" in the middle of the night behind a dumpster in an alley near soi4. My dad (yes, my father) walked up to them and stammered "W-w-w-w-what the H-HELL are you doing?!"

2 Seeing the same couple running away with no clothes from the waist down.

3. Meeting a fisherman that works on Norways/worlds largest traler, it's so big that it had it's license revoked, so he have been on a forced leave for 6 months :shock:

4. Seeing a 14 year old virgin almost popping his eyes out of his skull when inside a Go-Go bar.

5. Took a Taxi back to Don Muang Airport, we was in a hurry and there was a long traffic line that didn't budge. He simply drove OUT of the road and drove past the line on the grass :shock:

6. Taxi in BKK downtown (before the BTS) the driver read a newspaper while driving. (not the little peek in the paper once a while.... he had it COMPLETLY unfolded infrot of the weel)

7. Had a CPMPLETE stranger calling me up by my name and asked how I was. (maybe I got a bit too drunk some times before? they tend to remember me each time I come to Thailand)

8. Got a free upgrade to a suite at Ambassador Hotel in BKK when the bellboy didn't like the room.

9. Alright this you already know... Take a taxi to one location, takes you an hour.... WALK back the same distance.. 10 mins. :shock: (explain that one to the guys at home) :lol:

10. at the tax-free in Europe. Buy Fazer vodka chocolate. And offer it to various shopping clerk ladies at MDK. (girls LOVE chocolate and take a full bite. When they discover the vodka they get a BIG pair of eyes but they HAVE to swallow, can't run to the toilet at rush hour, heh :lol:

Ok that's 10 of some of my wierd encounters... pretty lame, but not ordinary.

i have only been to thailand once,

but i walk down the street getting lots of smiles and sawadee kaa's while my ex-gf who was half thai and looked like a model getting stared at by thai girls as if to say "what is he doing with you?? he could do so much better" LOL

that has never happened in the U.K. and probably never will.

another thing i noticed is how houses are built around trees rather than just chopping them down (that is great and would also never happen in the u.k.)

Not just in Bangkok, all over Thailand! Signs in English, for example:

1. At the Central Silom supermarket (before it was Tops) a sign planted in a very delicious looking cut of beef: PRIME RIP

2. At a small shop on Sukhumvit of an English teacher: ENGLISH TUDOR

3. Name of a restaurant in Chiang Mai: FATTY SEAFOOD

4. Finally, on a laundry slip at the Pucome Hotel in Chiang Mai: LAUNDRY TURNED IN BY 8:00 A.M. WILL BE RETURNED SOME DAY.

going out and getting drunk forgetting everything that happened, then waking up in the morning in the middle of a road without my shirt(being circled by seaguls 'acting like vultures') with just 10 minutes to get to work as a swimming pool lifeguard.

i think i was abducted by aliens :x