Working in America

Chatty

I got the job offered today to work as Audio Visual officer for a hospital in America...

Is it a good opportunity, should I take it? or I should stay where I am.

I still love bangkok, I love my job and I like to work with the company that I have been work for 10 years.

If I go it will be a big step but my parents are here... I talked to my parents no one agree with me to take a chance there.

Confuse now.

¨Ãä»ÃÂÙè·Õèä˹¡çáÅéÇáµè ÃÂèÒÅ×þҾèà ¡Ñº áÃè ä»àÅ×áµÑé§ Ê.Ç. ¡èù¹à ÃÒ·ÔµÂì¹Õé

à«ç§ËÇèà ¿Ñ§¢èÒÇ ·Ñ¡ÉÔ³ÃÒµÑé§áµè·Øèù֧ µÃ¹¹Õé ÂѧÃÒ§ҹʴ ÃÂÙèàÅ â--þèà â--ÃáÃè ËÃ×áçãªèäÃè :evil:

à«ç§ËÇèà ¿Ñ§¢èÒÇ ·Ñ¡ÉÔ³ÃÒµÑé§áµè·Øèù֧ µÃ¹¹Õé ÂѧÃÒ§ҹʴ ÃÂÙèàÅ â--þèà â--ÃáÃè ËÃ×áçãªèäÃè :evil:

I did the àÅ×áµÑé§ Ê.Ç. before you. :lol: The embassy sent me the paper since 3 weeks ago.

p.s about ·Ñ¡ÉÔ³, I bet my money on it. He will be appointed on something important in the government soon. :twisted:

àÅ×᤹´Õ à¢éÒ ÊÀÒ ÊÙ§ ÇÑÂ

áÅÃäÃèä»ÃѺ·Ñ¡ÉÔ³ à¾ÃÒÃã¹ www.hithuksin.net ºÃ¡ÇèÒ Ãѹ¨Ã¡Ã÷׺¾Ç¡ Anti thuksin ¹Ùë¡ÑÇ

I did the àÅ×áµÑé§ Ê.Ç. before you. :lol: The embassy sent me the paper since 3 weeks ago.

p.s about ·Ñ¡ÉÔ³, I bet my money on it. He will be appointed on something important in the government soon. :twisted:

:D

:D for your vote ..hehe

about Thaksin, i hopfully not ka.. he just answered to the question of reporters that he committed he wont involve politic.. he want to stay with his family, hug them :roll:

what city, and how much does it pay?

Somewhere in LA. I can't remember so sorry...

Talk about money later...

bCool. My aunt is a nurse in Orange county. If you need any advise I can contact her for you. Let me know if you need it.

Yeah I need the information too... I have no information at all about the state...

tell you the truth, America is the last country that i think about. but someone offered me about the job (which isn't dish washing) make me think about it na.

I will talk about the detail soon kha p'Nicky

I got the job offered today to work as Audio Visual officer for a hospital in America...

I still love bangkok, I love my job and I like to work with the company that I have been work for 10 years.

If I go it will be a big step but my parents are here... I talked to my parents no one agree with me to take a chance there.

Confuse now.

GO FOR IT DAMMIT!!! It's not like you're gone forever right? If you get a better salary, why the heck not? It's an opportunity to experience a new way of living. Ofcourse it's hard to leave your family behind and they don't want to let you go but it is your life right? If your own feeling (apart from the family and friends part) is saying it would be nice for a change you should at least give it a try. It's not like you're going to loose everyone. I moved here 6 months ago and it was hard because my mother didn't want to see me leave, but just about everyone else supported me to do it. I came back for 3 weeks for the holidays and it felt like I never left at all. Good friends you can stop seeing for over a year, meet up again and although you know it's been a long while you start talking and it's just like you saw each other a day ago.

Myself I wouldn't take on a job in the U.S. unless they pay me big time because I like Thailand so much and although Miami was awesome, nothing beats Thailand BUT I grew up in the west so for me the east is a whole new experience and makes you more aware of many differences. But for you, since you grew up in the east it might be great to taste the way of life out in the west. A good Bangkokian friend of mine went to school in Canada & Holland and she really liked it, A japanese friend of mine went to art school in Holland and all she thinks about after graduation is her next trip to that little country. I came to Thailand for the first time 4 years ago and all I could think of was going back asap. They were both women btw

It is a big step I know... what I try to say is... it might be the best thing you ever did, if you don't do it you will always think WHAT IF? There have been many moments I thought "should I go to Thaialand?" but I always ended that thinking with, yes, if I don't I'll never know.

You have to take chances, risks and big steps sometime if you can, it makes life larger and probably much more fun.

But it's up to you to make the decision, chok dee on that 8)

first and foremost CONGRATULATIONS! You are awesome!

As for moving here.... any giant like this is huge decision and I'm sure there is enough of us on TF that you can at least know 1 person where ever the position is. If nothing else try it for a year. If you don't like can always come back. Right? At least while here you can see alittle more of america and much easier! :wink:

I say go for it !

sounds good..........la iitself, is good and bad, may remind you of the same as it bkk, pollution and heavy traffic........if out in the suburbs, then maybe a bit better......a lot of phony people that come and go in la.......wud be actors/actresses that are trying to make it.....along with their plastic attitudes. live in san francisco for many years, and a much better city, basically a melting pot.......and had a chance to relocate to la, but didn't really care for the big city and it's offerings.......... :(

come to hawaii and have aloha!! :D

Check all small details carefully.

Salary and taxes

Medical insurance is a must have

Working conditions

Will you career grow after you return home or not? Try to find someone from Thailand who work in your professional field in US. Try to calculate monthly expenses - flat (condo) rent, water, electricity, food, etc.

As you read before, salary must be at least 4 times bigger than in BKK. You will need to buy used car and drive it on the road wrong side :)

If you will brave enough to tell how much is offered, I will try to calculate against everyday expenses. My older brother live in US 10 years and work as full time programmer.

You are the one that must decide , but think about it this way ;

Which would you prefer

a) staying in BKK but regretting not giving this opportunity a chance OR

B) going to America and thinking that you shouldn't have come

Regret is a terrible thing , and I think you don't have anything to lose . Give it a try , even if you don't like it there , at least you made some good money .

If you find that you don't like it there , don't give up so easily , try to wait for a year or so before returning to BKK. It might just take that long for you to settle and enjoy living there .

If you come back , I think its good for your resume that you worked in America . But who knows maybe this is your destiny and you might end up living the rest of your life there ???

You have more to gain than to lose by going .

what city, and how much does it pay?

Somewhere in LA. I can't remember so sorry...

Talk about money later...

As my Thai friend who recently moved to Chicago says... America is a "do it yourself" kind of place. You have to do your own laundry, cooking, cleaning, and manage your life - paperwork, taxes, be responsible to get to work on time etc., and much more. This is overwhelming for a lot of foreigners (read: Thai youth). And you will be lonely and if you are not near 'Thai Town' in Hollywood then you will probably not see many Thai people. This can be heart breaking for "weak" people who have never lived by themselves.

On the other hand, you will have a chance to live in a very healthy environment with access to lots of healthy activities - gyms, fitness centers, sports, yoga, and healthy eating options. Also, you will be around a lot of guys and prob not too many beautiful Thai girls so you will prob be more attractive and you may have a lot of dating opportunities.

Your English skills will improve. You will make a lot of money, and when you return here you will make even more money. Such a job change is almost always a best choice for your career.

don't forget you'll have to pay taxes, and for a single person with no deductions, a hefty sum will be gone from your pay check.........and the cost of living is very high in the la area.........compared to rental prices in bkk......plus your english speaking and understanding the language is a must for any decent job......

Confuse now.

Do you know which type of visa they will be giving to you? Because if it's H1B (Working Visa) - Filing will be very soon (April 1,2008) - and it usually gets filled up fast... So, if your sponsorship will fall under H1B - you need to make a decision fast.

I think you should take the opportunity. - Maybe we'll see each other in USofA...hehehe