ONE BIG FAMILY?

PeeMarc

ARE WE ACTUALLY ONE BIG FAMILY?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. ARE WE ACTUALLY ONE BIG FAMILY?

Whether you subscribe to scientific theories of our human evolution, or if you believe in 'God' or some other form of creationism, we all seem to have evolved or come from one place, somewhere in our past.

Do you believe we are actually like a massive family on this planet?

Are we really "brothers and sisters"?

Whether you subscribe to scientific theories of our human evolution, or if you believe in 'God' or some other form of creationism, we all seem to have evolved or come from one place, somewhere in our past.

Marc,

I believe that some time long ago our fathers of yesterday were related just like time before them.

I believe that education has evolved from the beginning when ever that time was. History seems to dilute itself just as different cultures produce mix offsprings.

I believe that pasting down of knowledge is where we are now whether its good or not and I believe that we are related me and you whether you like it or not.

I do consider you my OLDER brother since you are older than me :)

King

How comes we don't look the same?

Thing to ponder: "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?"

Wherever we originally evolved from, do you think we are related somehow? Even though we dont look the same, are we part of one family here? Half brothers or sisters often dont look the same at all.

I believe we are all connected somehow, through blood, flesh, history and evolution.

Perhaps that is why I have never felt any racism or real hatred for another person anywhere. Perhaps thats why I never really notice the colour of anothers skin.

If one watches children playing together, they never really notice much difference between each other either.

I believe we are all connected somehow, through blood, flesh, history and evolution.

Some people even believe women have orgasms.

Even some women believe that.

Perhaps that is why I have never felt any racism or real hatred for another person anywhere. Perhaps thats why I never really notice the colour of anothers skin.

I think there's no trouble finding people who do hate plenty of others if only because they have some trouble discovering the exact amount of familiarity they have with some other membes of the same species.

If your feelings are a proof then theirs are the counter-proof.

If one watches children playing together, they never really notice much difference between each other either.

That's because the hate needs to be cultivated a bit before it blossoms. Children are often ignorant of each other's deficiencies because they don't matter too much when you're throwing rocks at each other but at some point it just pops up, the hate. Think Yugoslavia. Think Iraq. Well, think anything you like.

The issue of being related could be argued but if I see a number of people here I wonder what ape could stand between me and them. Well, perhaps we only have some very dead crustacean in common, some pain but no brain.

I think it all depends on politics, not biology. Do you want to be similar, or do you want to be different. You can emphasize whatever you like, but given a bit of wind in your face it's often easier to look at the differences and blame somebody else for everything, and well, for being different, different enough.

They eat dogs! They have corruption! They have yellow faces and nasty little eyes! They wear black veils! They eat lamburgers! They put ketchup on french fries! They are ugly! They wear their ring on the other finger! They make a cross with the wrong hand! They don't even speak my language!

And it always ends with: "are you good and with me, or bad and different (and I'll let you know why you're different)?"

So... in essense you do believe we are one family? Even though perhaps we may have some retarded or 'black-sheep' relatives? Or some brothers and sisters who are exceptionally gifted? Or some we just cant live with?

We did not evolve from the apes you know today. Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor.

The automobile evolved (with the help of humans who invented both) from the bicycle. Why are there still bicycles?

i find this an incredibly vague question. what do you mean by "brothers and sisters"?

obviously you don't mean we (literally) have the same momma and poppa. its' a metaphor for... what? seems like a loaded question. the answer you are looking for is a step or two beyond a likely "yes" to the first question, isn't it?

and if we all evolved from a common ancestor (which we did, if evidence matters)... so?

if we have about 50 percent of our genes in common with bananas, does that mean we shouldn't eat bananas?

seems like a loaded question; like a "yes" implies some sort of moral imperative that just isn't there.

i find this an incredibly vague question. what do you mean by "brothers and sisters"?

obviously you don't mean we (literally) have the same momma and poppa. its' a metaphor for... what? seems like a loaded question. the answer you are looking for is a step or two beyond a likely "yes" to the first question, isn't it?

and if we all evolved from a common ancestor (which we did, if evidence matters)... so?

if we have about 50 percent of our genes in common with bananas, does that mean we shouldn't eat bananas?

seems like a loaded question; like a "yes" implies some sort of moral imperative that just isn't there.

zeus, it is you who chose to put such slants on my question. you're implying that I have some higher intention; which I dont.

I put "brothers and sisters" in quotes because that is what people say all the time. In many languages, they are those terms are used all the time. In popular culture, and before that even, "bother and sister" has been a constant catch-cry. And, of course, religion, art, philosophy and science are into it.

"brothers and sisters"

It can be a metaphor if you want it to be.

So... I simply ask the question. Yes, its open (rather vague) so that people could have more say (like you for example).

Good effort. :wink:

zeus, it is you who chose to put such slants on my question. you're implying that I have some higher intention; which I dont.

i didn't imply i flat out asked. so you are saying there are no implications to a yes (or no) as far you're concerned?

I put "brothers and sisters" in quotes because that is what people say all the time. In many languages, they are those terms are used all the time. In popular culture, and before that even, "bother and sister" has been a constant catch-cry. And, of course, religion, art, philosophy and science are into it.

used in religion, art

It can be a metaphor if you want it to be.

i don't have a preference one way or the other, but it's always good to know when we're talking metaphorically and when literally.

So... I simply ask the question. Yes, its open (rather vague) so that people could have more say (like you for example).

right then. i'm off to eat brother banana, they're frying the poor bastard at the street cart as we speak.

We did not evolve from the apes you know today. Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor.

what he said. not much pondering necessary, really, although it's is interesting.

why are there still apes? think of evolution as a tree, branching out, rather than that stupid (incorrect) diagram that starts with an ape and ends with a dude walking upright.

there was a common ancestor, but apes have evolved from that point just as much as we have. just in a different direction.

maybe some people actually recoil at the notion that we are all 'connected'. Maybe thats a notion most find too hard to deal with. Perhaps because this may imply obligations of some sort.

Or a good deal of hypocrisy and double standards.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Does it actually require those? or are they the things which we insert, at every turn, to foil the notion we know to be true?