Is it ok to be metrosexual?

AAAum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they really gay and just hiding behind this term? :?
No I really think they exist as their own ... er ... what to call it? Their own gender? Their own type of sexuality?

Anyway, they're basically straight guys who wish they could be gay (but won't admit that). Since gayness is generally not something you choose but something that chooses you, they have to make do with adopting the habits they admire about gay men: the neat homes, the elaborate gardens, the good food, fashion and design sense, the impeccable personal hygiene: all the stereotypes. (Well, all the stereotypes for a certain kind of gay man: something like the successful gay urban professional.)

Perhaps it's time to out the metrosexuals on TF.

--Ling

No I really think they exist as their own ... er ... what to call it? Their own gender? Their own type of sexuality?

Anyway, they're basically straight guys who wish they could be gay (but won't admit that). Since gayness is generally not something you choose but something that chooses you, they have to make do with adopting the habits they admire about gay men: the neat homes, the elaborate gardens, the good food, fashion and design sense, the impeccable personal hygiene: all the stereotypes. (Well, all the stereotypes for a certain kind of gay man: something like the successful gay urban professional.)

Perhaps it's time to out the metrosexuals on TF.

--Ling

i have a cat. i designed my own furniture. i like good food.

am i a metrosexual?

wait Ling... YOU have a cat too! fairy wannabe!!

am i a metrosexual?

I was thinking of you when I wrote my first post, but then decided, "Nah, he must be one of these grotty writer/film types, not interested enough in his clothes and his hygiene." Did I call it correctly?

Hmmm, you made your own furniture. Perhaps there are degrees of metrosexuality. Jesus made his own furniture too, didn't he? AND he died a virgin. I wonder if he was queer.

Owning cats is strictly for longevity reasons.

The cat's out of the bag: Felines stave off heart disease

Paul Taylor

Friday Feb. 22, 2008 Globe and Mail

A new study should have cat owners purring with delight. It suggests they are somehow partly protected from the ravages of heart disease.

"Over a 20-year period, people who never owned a cat faced a 40-per-cent greater risk of death due to heart attack than previous or current cat owners," said the lead researcher, Adnan Qureshi, a professor at the University of Minnesota.

Dr. Qureshi, who presented the findings at a medical conference in New Orleans yesterday, is at a loss to explain his study, which involved 4,435 volunteers.

"The best theory we can come up with is that ... cat ownership leads to reduced stress levels which, in turn, lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease" he suggested. On the other hand, it is possible that cats don't directly shield people from heart attacks. Instead, cat owners as a group may share specific personality traits that reduce their chances of suffering from heart disease at an early age.

The study also produced another surprising and perplexing result: Dog owners did not have the same level of protection against heart disease as their cat-owning counterparts.

"When we started the study, we thought we would find it [a lower heart-attack risk] in both groups," Dr. Qureshi confided. After all, taking a dog for a walk should be good for your heart.

He speculated that personality differences between the two types of pet owners might account for the unexpected conclusions.

Or, the results may be related to how long people own their pets. Cats tend to live twice as long as dogs. That could mean cat owners have longer exposure to the potentially positive influences of their feline companions.

Dr. Qureshi, who has a pet cat called Marco, acknowledged the finding must be confirmed by other studies before making any medical recommendations. But he added cat ownership is unlikely to do harm, and just might help.

--Ling

A metrosexual is a man who thinks women are the ****, and thus has to do womanly things like carry a purse and have his nails done. Metrosexuals are unafraid to flaunt their feminine side, are typically rich and beautiful, and are usually homosexuals in disguise. Also known as Homopolitans. Metrosexuals are typically pushed around by their girlfriends, because to them they are the man.

i got it from a website... :roll:

am i a metrosexual?

I was thinking of you when I wrote my first post,

turns you on, doesn't it.

but then decided, "Nah, he must be one of these grotty writer/film types, not interested enough in his clothes and his hygiene." Did I call it correctly?[/qutoe]

i dont wash, but my natural musk is irresistible.

Hmmm, you made your own furniture. Perhaps there are degrees of metrosexuality. Jesus made his own furniture too, didn't he? AND he died a virgin. I wonder if he was queer.

don't know, never did him.

Owning cats is strictly for longevity reasons.

cats live longer if you don't leave 'em on the street. Bart would last less than 15 seconds before a gecko (the small kind) killed and ate his fat ass.

but i will, no doubt, live longer than dog owners.

Hmm...I was thinking this was a term for people who hang around underground stations just for the kicks...

ok..poor joke...

I dont think any guy who gets his NAILS BUFFED is really producing the correct balance of hormones...sorry, but if the guy cares more than his (strictly for show) girlfriend, about clothes, food and his SHOE collection....then I have a great deal of difficulty seeing him/her as a man.

As for carrying a MAN-BAG...unless your talking about what most of us have a scratch at first thing in the morning...no...sorry...thats a non-starter as a bloke!

By the way...that bloke Jesus was a bloody carpenters son...of course he made his own furniture...I don't really suspect him of being gay, but he did have all those other blokes following him around all the time...now if The Last Supper had him sitting there with a man-bag on the table...THAT might be different...

I always thought that he died a virgin cos of that crap pick-up line "Hi, I'm the Son of God..." poor geezer.

Greer

but you won't catch me doing my nails. Ask my girl - she has enough trouble getting me to stop biting them or picking my teeth with them. :wink: Guess I don't qualify as metro... :?

Polishing nails is not a bad idea, this is all about your girl worry, cos you do not care your nails. Spend 5 minutes to do this is much better than simply quick cut nails with scissors and later painfully scratch your girl hand :)

---------

About what I'm think about metrosexuals. This is a male, who acts very feminine

way, sometimes much more than girls. "Tender, sweet, fragile as ice". Lovely couple of this type man and his girl sit behind me in 8 hour non-stop flight a month ago. They speaks so... Impossible to find a right word. Thanks God, I have my ipod and watch movie, otherwise i wish to kick this word-sh*tting mouth of self-lovely "boy"

.... I don't think that all of them are are gay or bisexual... Don't actually care if one is metrosexual or not and once in a while, it's good to see a man who looks as if he just stepped out from GQ Magazine...

However, A metrosexual boyfriend for moi? ....errrrrrr...... as long as he's not prettier than me, then maybe it's ok. :)

I like Metrosexuals. They neat and clean. They have good taste. I still can?t see anything wrong of being one. Even if they carry a bag so what? They need bags for their lotions, perfumes and cleaned handkerchiefs (and they aren?t just any handkerchiefs, they are linen!!!) :D . Just because they prefer to look good, they use those products or even they shave their legs. That doesn?t make them any less of a man. (proudly to say my husband is in the Metrosexual category).

Why don?t you try to be a metrosexual for a day. Then let us, women, know how you feel.

Well if you shave legs then presumably you gotta shave everywhere.Once youve done that everyday (to maintain the neat n tidy look),then you havent got a whole lot of time left to pursue the other metrosexual activities of carrying handbags and powdering ones nose/knob with those crisply ironed linen hankies?

Here is i got from a website again;

"The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis ? because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, sport, seem to attract them but, truth be told, like male vanity products and herpes, they're pretty much everywhere" (Mark Simpson)

I agree with Periboea and Geri- they all ain't gay or homosexual or queer or bisexual. Yes, some of gay looklike metrosexual.. also some metrosexual looklike gay....

I think metrosexual is strongly concerned about appearance (drive from inside, of course) but homosexual is about mind and preference.

One of my farang friend like nail polish (he might do twice a month, i guess) and spa (he does face scrub, body scrub and body massage with Aroma oil), but he is not fashionable guy. I once asked him "are you gay?"... "No" is the answer. He also said there are two factors for homosexuality; circumstance (growth) and gene/ hormone. He has only one factor "circumstance"-- growing with females... so he says he is a heterosexual.

Im hearing you grezzy :!: :!:

Who says metrosexuals have good haircuts? Have you seen the terrible hair do's these poof wanna bes have here in the uk?

How is a mullet a good haircut... unless you are a regular on jerry springer and married to your midget sister....

You're disparaging the National Haircut of Canada.

War.

--Ling

"Im a lumberjack and I'm ok,

I sleep all night and

I work all day

(He's a lumberjack and he's OK

He sleeps all night and

he works all day)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch

I go to the lavat'ry

On Wednesdays I go shopping

And have buttered scones for tea