Is it ok to be metrosexual?

AAAum

of course it's ok to be a metrosexual - there's nothing wrong with appreciating the finer things in life and making himself look good be it through styling his hair or wearing fashionable clothes.

being gay/homosexual is also ok - if someone is not yet ready to come out of the closet and wants to pretend to be just 'metrosexual', then let him be. the butterfly in him will come out in due time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from experiences and people i've met.

metrosexual tend to be either gay or playboy

they are fun to hang out with

because of the look and how they took care of themselves make me tempted

but after a few dates with some

the idea of dating metrosexual has never occur to me again

Hi,

this term is keeping us busy, isnt it ? Maybe we can agree on this on a slightly different level. Personal hygiene, for instance. I dont carry a mens bag with me, I do not exaggerate when it comes to fashion, but my attitude towards personal hygiene has always been serious.

Women often say that they like men with well-manicured hands. Their first look, so they say, often goes to your hands (well, lets not talk about car mechanics..). This is something I appreciate, too. If a woman has neat hands then this is definitely a turn-on for me.

So if you start off with manicure, why not have a pedicure ? We often pretend to show appreciation towards Thailand when it comes to terms of tradition and culture. You will rarely see Thai people with messy fingers or feet. So why not show some appreciation to your environment and show that you are a decent guy ? At least your physical appearance should be alright. And there are so many ugly (male and female) tourists who would better hide their bodies from our eyes.

Of course hands and feet etc. can lead to some form of fetish. But I would rather accept that I was fetishist instead of being such a messie.

Women will give you a positive feedback once you have it.

Just my two baht.

Hi,

this term is keeping us busy, isnt it ? Maybe we can agree on this on a slightly different level. Personal hygiene, for instance. I dont carry a mens bag with me, I do not exaggerate when it comes to fashion, but my attitude towards personal hygiene has always been serious.

Women often say that they like men with well-manicured hands. Their first look, so they say, often goes to your hands (well, lets not talk about car mechanics..). This is something I appreciate, too. If a woman has neat hands then this is definitely a turn-on for me.

So if you start off with manicure, why not have a pedicure ? We often pretend to show appreciation towards Thailand when it comes to terms of tradition and culture. You will rarely see Thai people with messy fingers or feet. So why not show some appreciation to your environment and show that you are a decent guy ? At least your physical appearance should be alright. And there are so many ugly (male and female) tourists who would better hide their bodies from our eyes.

Of course hands and feet etc. can lead to some form of fetish. But I would rather accept that I was fetishist instead of being such a messie.

Women will give you a positive feedback once you have it.

Just my two baht.

Im hearing you grezzy :!: :!:

Who says metrosexuals have good haircuts? Have you seen the terrible hair do's these poof wanna bes have here in the uk?

How is a mullet a good haircut... unless you are a regular on jerry springer and married to your midget sister....

You're disparaging the National Haircut of Canada.

War.

--Ling

"Im a lumberjack and I'm ok,

I sleep all night and

I work all day

(He's a lumberjack and he's OK

He sleeps all night and

he works all day)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch

I go to the lavat'ry

On Wednesdays I go shopping

And have buttered scones for tea

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

I cut down trees, I skip and jump

I love to press wild flow'rs

I put on women's clothing

And hang around in bars

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

I cut down trees, I

wear high heels

Suspenders and a bra

I wish I'd been a girlie

Just like my dear papa

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

I drink all night and I work all day."

Canadian.... right :lol:

Australia's a lovely land

It's full of bonza blokes.

Sheilas, beer and no one's queer,

Except in pommie jokes.

Australians are lovely lads.

They're God's own chosen race.

If they ever see a fairy pom,

They'll smash him in the face.

Australians like dressing up

In skirts and having fun,

And that's all we were doing

When the vice squad came along.

Sounds like metrosexuals at heart.

Quoting Monty Python is a double-edged sword!

--Ling

Im hearing you grezzy :!: :!:

Who says metrosexuals have good haircuts? Have you seen the terrible hair do's these poof wanna bes have here in the uk?

How is a mullet a good haircut... unless you are a regular on jerry springer and married to your midget sister....

You're disparaging the National Haircut of Canada.

War.

--Ling

You guys don't understand the mullet. The classic mullet is as un-metrosexual a haircut as can be imagined, and needs to be honoured. You poofters don't have what it takes to sport a mullet.

Mullets to me mean little town Canada, hockey-playin', beer-swillin', five-cars-up-on-blocks-on-the-half-acre-front-lawn-fixin', rye-drinkin' good ol' boys who ain't never heard the term "metrosexual", let alone wearing a manbag or even cleaning their fingernails regular-like, and who only take shopping trips to Canadian Tire, the car wreckers, the hardware store, the beer store and the lumber yard. Throw in the odd bad and/or freedom-lovin' biker too, who would punch your teeth straight out your a**hole if you so much as sniggered at his mullet. The classic site is Mullets Galore.

If you've ever seen the comedy series

you'll see plenty of mullets in their natural habitat. The first time I saw that show I couldn't believe it - it was like they'd captured a part of my childhood on film. (Not that I grew up in a trailer park, but other than that, there were a lot of frightening similarities.)

--Ling

Oh yeah, as you said, Jerry Springer can be a mullet showcase too.

ling .....you forgot snap on and mac tool's jackets !!

you wouldnt happen to be talking about towns like say peterborough :P

Except Peterborough has too many Trent U. students. Peterborough must have one of the highest STD rates per capita of any place in Canada.

I grew up in Pickering before it became a suburb, while it was still all farmer's fields, dope growing 8th graders, amateur car mechanics and retards. Now it's just ******* boring - glad I don't live there any more.

--Ling

Are they really gay and just hiding behind this term? :?

metrosexual isn't gayness. this term can be misused when referring to a guy who hasn't come out of the closet esp. in thai society

that doesnt make any sense.... guys who havent yet come out of the closet ARE gay... just not public yet

metrosexual isn't gayness. this term can be misused when referring to a guy who hasn't come out of the closet esp. in thai society

that doesnt make any sense.... guys who havent yet come out of the closet ARE gay... just not public yet

It made sense to me .

She's saying that the term ' metrosexual ' can be ' misused ' to describe a closet gay which in fact isn't correct .

She's answering that a metrosexual isn't gay in reply to the original question .

No need to thank me ;

Thank Mr P.Gardener

Year 11 English and Comprehension

If he has a man bag then in my book he is gay :lol:

Dude, it's man-purse!

Anyway I guess it's okay to be Metrosexual as long as they don't try to pick me up.

I have load of gay friends and those wearing pink, soft skin, nice mani padi, waxed eyebrow ( ewwww ) Metro people confusing me with all my gay people...

Golf and Mike? good taste? i think not.

Errr... Who the hell is Golf and Mike?

And for God's sake, you are so far from being one of those Metro guy! Have you gone away way too long to meet the Gotti? Those waxed eyebrow from Staten Island/LI/NJ? ( In the other word, you are too ugly to become one. Sorry my friend.. ) :roll:

Errr... Who the hell is Golf and Mike?

cheesy thai pop duo, overcoifffured near to death. if you see young thai guys with hairdos vaguely like an overdone sheena easton except attempting to be more glamorous, and an overall studied, androgynous look, they're probably not metrosexuals or gays, they're probably Golf+Mike victims.

And for God's sake, you are so far from being one of those Metro guy! Have you gone away way too long to meet the Gotti? Those waxed eyebrow from Staten Island/LI/NJ? ( In the other word, you are too ugly to become one. Sorry my friend.. ) :roll:

:cry: "i am big, it's the pictures that got small.'

--- Norma Desmond

( In the other word, you are too ugly to become one. Sorry my friend.. ) :roll:

--- Norma Desmond

At some point in life, man meets the limitations of his existence.

Coming to terms with that makes you a lot older, suddenly.

But then who wants to be a b*tch, can't beat the girls at their own game anyway.

"A man's gotta know his limitations"

- Clint Eastwood, (Mr Un-metrosexual) 'Fist Full of Dollars'

( In the other word, you are too ugly to become one. Sorry my friend.. ) :roll:

--- Norma Desmond

At some point in life, man meets the limitations of his existence.

Coming to terms with that makes you a lot older, suddenly.

But then who wants to be a b*tch, can't beat the girls at their own game anyway.

"A man's gotta know his limitations"

- Clint Eastwood, (Mr Un-metrosexual) 'Fist Full of Dollars'

I'm afraid it's from Magnum Force darling

http://imdb.com/title/tt0070355/quotes

Oh... the shere pain of being margainally wrong :lol:

Nothing to do with sexual orientation.

The term "pretty boy" is basically what a Metro is

Metro is just a new term

EXACTLY! and that is why I hate this hippety dippety bullisht word, the actual word in the beginning for these sort of people was "David Beckham" but because people got sick with his name, face and everything he stands for they had to come up with a new expression thus Metrosexual, YOU AIN'T F**KING NUTHIN' per definition as a "metrosexual" so please god! put a stop to using that word, if you can't come up with a relevant word just use DB again for f**k sake or stop trying to go with the flow

BTW

this is not directly meant for AAAum, it's in general, ain't nuthin' wrong with that woman!

Metrosexual ..is now out trend already .. they are just guys who have problem about their looks and confidences. Also really thin line between straight and gay. ( Many girls have been heart broken by metrosexual after found out later they are just gay men) :lol:

What is in (trend) .. Heteropolitan is in.

Heteropolitan .. is guy who can balance their life between works and love life. Sometimes workaholic, wild but healthy, enjoy himself with his male friends while never forget his gf who waiting for him at home, concern social problem, willing to help and give good coorperation to public associations when required. (where i can find one ) :D

source : Flash magazine.