CIRCUMCISION

PeeMarc

as far as the actual subject of the thread, i think sathorn summed the thread up best: "who cares?"

Hi zbh,

where would we be if "who cares ?" was the final answer ? If this is all we can say and if we had applied this formula as the ultima ratio, the civilised world would not have come so far.

Showing concern and have discussions on i.e. human rights, hunger, war or environmental pollution is way better than just saying "who cares" ?

And this was a topic on human rights, on boys (and also on girls) who were not given the freedom to decide.

Cheers

Ray

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as the actual subject of the thread, i think sathorn summed the thread up best: "who cares?"

Hi zbh,

where would we be if "who cares ?" was the final answer ? If this is all we can say and if we had applied this formula as the ultima ratio, the civilised world would not have come so far.

Showing concern and have discussions on i.e. human rights, hunger, war or environmental pollution is way better than just saying "who cares" ?

And this was a topic on human rights, on boys (and also on girls) who were not given the freedom to decide.

Cheers

Ray

a) if circumcision is an earth-shattering human rights issue, then what happens when we get to the really big human rights issues, like vegetarian's rights :roll:

B) if it's such a massively important human rights issue then wouldn't that be a good place to back up your assertions about 'idiot scientists' with links to the science in question?

so you ignored 99 percent of the post and focused on 2 words. although i'm sure your slippery-slope argument is correct, and indifference toward circumcision will lead directly to indifference toward war, famine, poverty, etc.

keep up the work.

I've got some more material for you guys, found this info while searching for STD's and foreskin... have fun researching :D

For most uncircumcised guys there's nothing bad about keeping the foreskin. In fact, about 70-80% of the world's men are uncircumcised, and the vast majority of them never have any problems otherwise there'd be complaints and circumcisions everywhere. So for most guys (and women) it's not a big deal at all.

As long as you can pull back your foreskin and clean under it every time you take a shower/bath, and you practice safe sex, you're good to go. People have this misconception that the uncircumcised penis is dirty or more prone to infections/STDs, and all this is proven untrue (as I'm sure you know).

Besides, there are some good things about keeping the foreskin. See the links below to see what I mean.

http://www.nerve.com/dispatches/festa/howinsensitive/

http://www.nocirc.org/touch-test/bju_6685.pdf

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/180947.html

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/69318.php

http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/60750.html#continue

http://www.circumcision.org/studies.htm

Promise me you won't delete your profile so I can live on through your kind words...

you can always rely on living on in *my* kind words. i'll never delete my profile even if i abandon the site; too many things from too many people preserved in incriminating quote boxes.....

welll OK i'll delete.... if the price is right.

Hi Susi,

it aint easy to discuss serious topics if there are half a dozend people and a online hero against one. Ridiculing others opinions seems your greatest attribute.

Cheers

Ray

maybe 'discussing serious topics' here shouldn't be allowed, you know, the way that some people of subnormal ability aren't allowed by law to operate heavy machinery? just a thought.

given the seriousness with which people on TF approach 'serious topics,' i think ridiculing others' opinions is a valuable skill, perhaps the most valuable of all... provided it's done well.

ps are we allowed three guesses who the self-appointed "online hero" is? bet i get it in one.

I've got some more material for you guys, found this info while searching for STD's and foreskin... have fun researching :D

For most uncircumcised guys there's nothing bad about keeping the foreskin. In fact, about 70-80% of the world's men are uncircumcised, and the vast majority of them never have any problems otherwise there'd be complaints and circumcisions everywhere. So for most guys (and women) it's not a big deal at all.

As long as you can pull back your foreskin and clean under it every time you take a shower/bath, and you practice safe sex, you're good to go. People have this misconception that the uncircumcised penis is dirty or more prone to infections/STDs, and all this is proven untrue (as I'm sure you know).

Besides, there are some good things about keeping the foreskin. See the links below to see what I mean.

http://www.nerve.com/dispatches/festa/howinsensitive/

http://www.nocirc.org/touch-test/bju_6685.pdf

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/180947.html

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/69318.php

http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/60750.html#continue

http://www.circumcision.org/studies.htm

fair effort, but are you aware that there's a difference between a science paper and a press release? judging by your links, apparently not.

impressive, by the standards of TF. which is to say... meh.

Hi Susi,

it aint easy to discuss serious topics if there are half a dozend people and a online hero against one. Ridiculing others opinions seems your greatest attribute.

Cheers

Ray

maybe 'discussing serious topics' here shouldn't be allowed, you know, the way that some people of subnormal ability aren't allowed by law to operate heavy machinery? just a thought.

given the seriousness with which people on TF approach 'serious topics,' i think ridiculing others' opinions is a valuable skill, perhaps the most valuable of all... provided it's done well.

ps are we allowed three guesses who the self-appointed "online hero" is? bet i get it in one.

it is a skill, of course, and cynical, sarcastic comments sweeten our lifes, but your are often below the belt and at others expense.

Concerning subnormal people and heavy machinery - why do you leave out the alcoholics and smokers ? Are there any here ?

Why "are we allowed three guesses" ? "You need others help to guess? You are disappointng me..

it is a skill, of course, and cynical, sarcastic comments sweeten our lifes, but your are often below the belt and at others expense.

well let me pass you a tissue in advance, in case you need to cry it out.

Concerning subnormal people and heavy machinery - why do you leave out the alcoholics and smokers ? Are there any here ?
leaving out the drinkers is an error, but smokers? i think it's illegal in thailand but other than that if they're smoking tobacco, i don't see the probilem.
Why "are we allowed three guesses" ? "You need others help to guess? You are disappointng me..

sleep on it. maybe it'll make more sense in the morning.

fair effort, but are you aware that there's a difference between a science paper and a press release? judging by your links, apparently not.

first there is a science paper, then there is an article about it. Science papers may not be understood by 99,5% of all TF readers, but science based articles may get to the 2% geniuses here :roll:

first there is a science paper, then there is an article about it. Science papers may not be understood by 99,5% of all TF readers, but science based articles may get to the 2% geniuses here :roll:

Is that 2% of ALL members of TF or 2% of the people actually involved in forums? The latter would imply (circumcised or not) there is probably only one genius here.

i will say it again. the only vote that matters (to me) is what the girls think. I have never heard a girl say she preferred their boys with foreskins. They have always said they preferred their boys cut.

with skin look better for some but without skin it's clean and safe from STDs :P

:shock: :shock: :shock: . . . . i thought u were studying to be a doctor !!

r u trying to say ppl who r circumsized can't get STD's ?? :roll: :arrow: :idea:

why not just randomly hack off other body parts. geez people....you are not any more likely to get a std with foreskin then you are with out..

there is a reason you are born with all the parts on your body why do you want to cut these things off or remove them..tonsils are another part for years that doctors where removing they now say you need them. the same with historectoms(spelling) lots of operations done here in the states that could have been avoided and were not nesseray.

so who has a good butcher knife and will get a extra finger or toe hacked of you dont need it and will only get a std if you keep it on :lol:

i will say it again. the only vote that matters (to me) is what the girls think. I have never heard a girl say she preferred their boys with foreskins. They have always said they preferred their boys cut.

with skin look better for some but without skin it's clean and safe from STDs :P

r u trying to say ppl who r circumsized can't get STD's ?? :roll: :arrow: :idea:

They certainly can, but at the same time, reputable studies suggest that circumcized men have a lower chance of contracting HIV than uncircumcized men.

They certainly can, but at the same time, reputable studies suggest that circumcized men have a lower chance of contracting HIV than uncircumcized men.

i know circumcized men are supposed to have a lower chance of contacting HIV, but for someone who is studying to be a doctor to suggest that being circumcized means ppl r safe from STDs is damm scary !!!

so what are you saying really, that you're only interested in persuading the morons, not the "2% geniuses (a VERY high estimate, IMO, i'd put it at right about zero). it doesn't take a genius to read abstracts and conclusions.

*my* point was, getting all your information on circumcision from circumcision.org is like getting all your information about genetic information from greenpeace.

while it's entirely possible they're providing good information, when the first links someone throws at me are from an advocacy organization, i feel like they're a) not going to be terribly neutral, and B) if i ignore their propaganda i may miss out on some good information, but.... odds are pretty good i'll muddle through somehow without it.

to be fair i didn't click on all the links, but after i click on a few links to advocacy sites i tend to tune out. in other words, if some of your links are clearly dodgy, why should i bother? (although i realize it's an earth-shattering topic and everyone should be staying up late night worrying about it).

Is that 2% of ALL members of TF or 2% of the people actually involved in forums? The latter would imply (circumcised or not) there is probably only one genius here.

only someone who'd never actually read the TF forum could believe any percentage greater than zero (unless you are talking about POETIC genius, then there once was JOESKA).

however, i'm not surprised that at least one forum member has already set to work anointing themselves resident genius. (hopefully followed closely by a self-awarded humility prize).

i know circumcized men are supposed to have a lower chance of contacting HIV, but for someone who is studying to be a doctor to suggest that being circumcized means ppl r safe from STDs is damm scary !!!

dude... she's a ManUre fan. isn't that scary enough already?

Promise me you won't delete your profile so I can live on through your kind words...

you can always rely on living on in *my* kind words. i'll never delete my profile even if i abandon the site; too many things from too many people preserved in incriminating quote boxes.....

welll OK i'll delete.... if the price is right.

I knew I could count on you always.

if the price is right.

circumcised.......love it........chicks love it.......I love it............as long as someone wants to pay some attention to the aforementioned part even better!!! all GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you not circumcised good for you.........as for stds.......don't make a difference if you got the skin or not.....depends on the std, and a few other factors as to whether you get somethin' or not :lol::lol::lol:

circumcised.......love it........chicks love it.......I love it............as long as someone wants to pay some attention to the aforementioned part even better!!! all GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you not circumcised good for you.........as for stds.......don't make a difference if you got the skin or not.....depends on the std, and a few other factors as to whether you get somethin' or not :lol::lol::lol:

w3ll said rocco 8)