Rhythm & Romantic

bigKus

Just bought a full collection of Carabao the other day.

I WONT miss it, You DONT miss it :lol::lol:

Besame Mucho?? :D

hehe P' Nicky, make sure that you DONT miss ..25th year live concert album of them. i spent almost my whole weekend watching .. :D

I am looking for tht one, but could not find it; I wanna have it as I was there :D

P' Ghee, There has video dauy na.. i have both watched and listened but too sad i borrowed from friend :(

You guys ARE joking right? I mean, Kenny G sounds like elevator music. If you like jazz, or stimulating and spontaneous live music, try something like John Zorn from New York, or his experimental band Naked City. A wonderful musician that is criminally unknown to the majority of people with ears... 8)

You guys ARE joking right? I mean, Kenny G sounds like elevator music. If you like jazz, or stimulating and spontaneous live music, try something like John Zorn from New York, or his experimental band Naked City. A wonderful musician that is criminally unknown to the majority of people with ears... 8)

Nope.. im not joking ! I have been his fan since i was just a teen, his live concert was one of few 'imported' concerts here in Bangkok i attended.

Moreover, new released album sounds interesting as it s Latin album :D

john zorn may be a bit much for someone who can listen to Kenny G without gargling their own vomit, but there's plenty of good jazz that is worth listening to (unlike Kenny G, who quite frankly, whose CDs aren't worth much except for setting your drink on).

there is, for example, Coleman Hawkins, the protoypical jazz saxophonist. find a recording of his version of "Body and Soul"

assuming you like a smoother sound try Stan Getz, Warne Marsh, Lee Konitz. Johnny Hodges.

my favorite saxman, Sonny Rollins, has his smoother moments, particulary "We Kiss In A Shadow" from East Broadway Rundown.

for a more up-tempo hard-bop player who's utterly brilliant, Jackie McLean.

for more 'out there' stuff John Coltrane, Eric Dolphy, Ornette Coleman.

for really 'out there' stuff as a warmup to John Zorn try Albert Ayler.

most of that stuff's pretty old, but it still holds up well and repays listening far, far better than Kenny G.

as far more recent players, i like Eric Alexander and Josh Redman.

far better than Kenny G.

depends.. :evil:

For me, when come to jazz, besides from Kenny G. i know George Benson ( they both have had live concert in Bangkok ) and Laura Fygi

there is more to music than what one can find in Bangkok.

although jazz is not my preferred music, Kind of Blue by Miles Davis (and others) is on my desert island list. i never grow tired of that recording

Kenny G is to music what McDonalds is to food.

You can hear him blowing his horn in just about every mall, supermarket and elevator in the world.

Well polished sh*t, in my opinion.

Ummm.. nice

Kenny f*cking G!!!!!!!! I didn't know about this musical disaster till I came to Asia, people were disgusted that I didn't know who he was. I'm disgusted that I now know who he is!

Umm even nicer.. :lol::lol:

Is there anything neccessary to post such a agressive comment ja, handsomes ??

Tough life probably :roll: