Your Favorite Comic books

Chatty

How old did you say you are?

7 perhaps?

:shock:

I guess it is "present tense" na...PeeMarc

Ok ok go ahead, yes i'm 33 and i'm still read those comics. ohh plus I have the whole series of Conan.

Actually, 7 years old I didn't read comics, I read newspaper, and was i the reporter contest at Government House that age. So doesn't mean kids have to read comics and adult have to read serious books.

Anyway, Conan is NOT comics for 7 years old kids, It's kinda mysterious book like Agatha Christie's novels and Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes (actually, the name "Conan" comes from there) It has blood, dead people, and cases to solve in wisely way.

I don't wanna say much see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_Conan if you have time.

If you speak like that with Conan super fan you might be dead now.

How old did you say you are?

7 perhaps?

I guess it is "present tense" na...PeeMarc

Ok ok go ahead, yes i'm 33 and i'm still read those comics. ohh plus I have the whole series of Conan.

Actually, 7 years old I didn't read comics, I read newspaper, and was i the reporter contest at Government House that age. So doesn't mean kids have to read comics and adult have to read serious books.

Anyway, Conan is NOT comics for 7 years old kids, It's kinda mysterious book like Agatha Christie's novels and Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes (actually, the name "Conan" comes from there) It has blood, dead people, and cases to solve in wisely way.

I don't wanna say much see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_Conan if you have time.

If you said that with Conan super fan you might be dead now.

for myself... i'd rather use "present tense" too....

I love comic books... i like Japanese cartoon.... Conan is the one of my favoritessssssssss... there are too many to mention them all :wink:

FYI from Wikipedia,

In March 2008, Japan's Foreign Ministry appointed Doraemon as the nation's first "anime ambassador."[1] Ministry spokesman explained the novel decision as an attempt to help people in other countries to understand Japanese anime better and to deepen their interest in Japanese culture."[2] The Foreign Ministry action confirms that Doraemon has come to be considered a Japanese cultural icon. In 2002, the anime character was acclaimed as an Asian Hero in a special feature survey conducted by Time Asia magazine[3].

FYI from Wikipedia,

In March 2008, Japan's Foreign Ministry appointed Doraemon as the nation's first "anime ambassador."[1] Ministry spokesman explained the novel decision as an attempt to help people in other countries to understand Japanese anime better and to deepen their interest in Japanese culture."[2] The Foreign Ministry action confirms that Doraemon has come to be considered a Japanese cultural icon. In 2002, the anime character was acclaimed as an Asian Hero in a special feature survey conducted by Time Asia magazine[3].

Let's just say Asia is leading the world in its drive towards infantilisation, and Japan is surely the spearhead when it comes to the commercialization thereof. Who needs alzheimer when people between 30 and 50 still think comics is worth their time.

Aww!! that hurts

Should i post my MSN display picture of Doraemon getting stoned again for you Bcool? 555

He's such a bad robot cat.

Come on g0mer, Doraemon is about moral... na, teach about honest, friendship, courage.

...and at 33, you still need to learn about these things from picture books?

Should i post my MSN display picture of Doraemon getting stoned again for you Bcool? 555

He's such a bad robot cat.

Come on g0mer, Doraemon is about moral... na, teach about honest, friendship, courage.

...and at 33, you still need to learn about these things from picture books?

Oh come on ppl can learn anything in everyday just open your heart, peeMarc.

and not only learning to can teach children too.. sorry i'm not graduate or study about marketing... i'm in education and training field...

Thks UK_Sodier...

Good to know that someone like comics too.. I think many people like it but not show up.

Actually, I really love the last one... make me feel better.

for all of it I wanna have a chance to read, may be i can find from second hand book shops in Bangkok naa

FYI from Wikipedia,

Let's just say Asia is leading the world in its drive towards infantilisation, and Japan is surely the spearhead when it comes to the commercialization thereof. Who needs alzheimer when people between 30 and 50 still think comics is worth their time.

yeah? or take.

fukitol.jpg

sorry peeMarc I just borrow your pills hope you don't mind

Looking back at reading all those comics. If I would have had parents like no you have to read real books all that kind of nonsense I would have probably ended up hating reading. But I did not have parents like that so.

I also read a lot now so I do think it was cause of the comic books. I just finished reading another of the Wheels of Time books I am finally done with ten of the 12.

I think comics are a good thing as it can lead to a passion for reading. I started enjoying comics and now read a lot of books too. 8)

When I was a child I liked reading comics. Many adults said 'Nonsense'. However, I was very proud that I could spell the difficult words in dictation tests because I remembered them from comics.

Morals & words of wisdom are often found in those cartoons & comics.

that's right girl, I could remember when i was you I learn the vocab from comics in Student Weekly...

Don't read comics anymore, but have fond memories of them from my childhood, and still pick up collected 'graphic novels' (sounds so much more mature, don't you think).

My faves as a kid were:

Spiderman

X-Men

GI Joe

Secret Wars (a great limited series collecting most of the Marvel Universe together).

The Punisher

The Asian cinema magazine I buy every month also has a comic section which has recommended a comic called 'Kick Ass' about a kid experimenting with being a super hero.

I am a big fan of the Marvel characters over the DC ones, and i also loved the Secret Wars comics, seeing Super Heroes and Super Villains fighting together to fight the "greater evil" was always cool. I collected alot of cards and comics when i was younger, now they are sitting in mint condition at my dads house in boxes, waiting to be sold or passed on. Hockey cards too :D

...my favourite is of course 'Calvin & Hobbes' :roll: :twisted:

the comic strip is named after you?

Bill Watterson single handedly brought back drawing skills to newspaper comics. he really drew (draws?) beautifully. Charles Schulz' ultra-simplified post-Picasso style in 'Peanuts' was brilliant but led to a lot of badly drawn comic strips.

early comic strips such as George Herriman's Krazy Kat and especially Winsor McKay's Little Nemo in Slumberland were amazingly well drawn. McKay once drew a near-perfect aerial view of NY City.... without ever having seen it from the air.