Soulmate Theory VS Work-It-Out Theory

AAAum

There are two types of people in this world, those who believe in soulmates and those who do not. The soulmate believers believe in soulmate theory while people from the other group believe in work-it-out theory. The table below illustrates the difference in beliefs.

Soulmate Theory

- There is one (or very few) right person(s) for me.

- Love is discovered.

- The right person is ideal or close to perfect for me.

- Finding the right person is the most important factor in a successful relationship.

- Passion is of great importance.

- People are hard to change.

Work-It-Out Theory

- There are many people with whom I can be happy with.

- Love is built over time.

- Person is not expected to be a perfect fit.

- Effort is the most important factor.

- Passion is relatively unimportant.

- People can change.

If a soulmate believer believes he/she is with the right person, he/she is more satisfied with the relationship than a work-it-out believer. Soulmate believers who do not think they are with the right one are less satisfied than work-it-out believers.

Insights and Predictions

- Perfectionists, overachievers, idealists, dreamers will more likely be soulmate believers, while realists are more likely to be work-it-out believers.

- Soulmate believers have fewer and shorter relationships than work-it-out believers.

- Soulmate believers will more likely prefer romantic movies or love songs.

--------

So....which one is YOU?

I once thought he was my soulmate, but as time passed by I realized he's not..so I have to go with the "Work it out" theory...Still it did not work out... so, next step should be "Go and find for your soulmate"...and the cycle goes on. :twisted:

....Your soul mate is not someone who "likes everything you do!!".....

.....that will not last....

..."Oh we both love the same food and the same movies and the same clothes and the same.....ad infinitum"

...Your soul mate is someone who helps you develop and makes you realise what you need to learn, someone who tests you, someone you can't stand to be around sometimes, someone who makes you realise that patience and serenity are the building blocks of wisdom.

.....Sometimes it's nice to think your preaching is reaching,

to someone who you feel could mean something,

But you need to have the "level"....and look ahead a good mile,

face value looks catch the moment, but are like dried fruit,

They taste good....but longevity is in the smile.

...how good is it to meet someone who makes you laugh? Even though our instincts can instinctively let our eyes be the judge....

Soul Mate/s

A meeting of minds souls and bodies

He thinks she is great. Hot body, smart can cook n clean looks out for him and after him. Always there when he needs her Never says NO.

She sees material she can work with, shape and mold to suit her needs.

Guest sandalwood
There are two types of people in this world, those who believe in soulmates and those who do not.

If I ever meet 'my soulmate', she's probably the kind of woman who wouldn't piss about, more likely belt me one round the ear and ask just what the... (deleted)... I'd been doing all these years.

(Best put me down as a 'no'.)

Guest sandalwood
I always thought there were 10 kinds of people in this world.

Those who understand binary and those who do not.

I like to think of myself as a soulmate waiting to happen.

why 10??.... i guess 2 ...only... who do and who dont...

Emmmmm binary ja....

Anyone?

1 + 1 = 0

not true.... see link....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system

And where's "LuckyPhil" when you really need him, that's what I want to know.

well, i believe in a combination.. first it's got to be soulmate theory that brings you together.. yes i believe in love at first sight as well.. so along with soulmate theory there is required a lot of good timing.. but there are probably more than just a few people that could be potential soulmates given the right circumstances and timing it's more like a percentage of people.. but probably > 1% of technically eligible others for most people. the percentage is higher for people who have had generally more typical experiences throughout there lives, a commonly experienced socialization. so then once soulmate theory and good timing have brought you together then for most people i think, after the initial bliss wears off, work it out theory has to come into play.