There is NO real EURO without England

Rempler

Given the fact that the semifinals 2 yrs ago were staffed only by European teams this tournament is close might have come close to a real world championship.

Being 100% German + having an Italian cousin + my two best friends coming from Sweden and Turkey + adoring Zinedine Zidane ==> it is not so easy to make up my mind, for whom my heart is beating.

Okay, my German blood wants Michael Ballack to receive take the trophy after the finals, but, honestly, I do NOT think that the actual German team is competitive at all, - I wouldn't even be surprised if we go home after the group stage.

I have played soccer for roughly 3 decades and during all that time ENGLAND was the key benchmark. They have the - by far - highest speed in the game, sensational players and an outstanding sense of fairness.

So a tournament without England is a somewhat numb affair to me.

The games are starting in a few minutes, - the streets are completely empty over here, while the public viewing places are overcrowded, but I will drink my beer hoping that, as a compensation, England will win the next world championship.

Portugal or Turkey might make the "micro-EURO" in the meantime ....

I agree. ............

............ it's a bit like the champions league without manchester city. pretty pointless really.

:wink:

Well, I know us Germans are not so strong in humoristic subjects :oops: , - but this one I really didn't understand. Manchester CITY ??

Are they allowed to play in the Asian Champions League - due to their current ownership ? :roll: :shock:

I suppose Southend-on-Sea will play CL before MC does, at least if the current owner of MC will not vanish in the haze in the very near future ....

wow, so because England isn't present a tournament isn't genuine? You just sound like a sore loser to me to be honest, they had the chance to qualify and the blew it, I know it hurts if you're english but it's the way it is.

Not getting enough paid? ...this isn't club football, playing for your country is pure honor, it is the most important for any professional football player. The Euro and World Cup are the tournaments where a player can become legendary, results in club football will mostly just be remembered by the fans of a particular club. Showing what you're made of during the Euro or world Cup will be remembered by everyone who likes football.

England should've been there but claiming a tournament isn't a real one without them is just a really narrow minded thing to say... if you're serious that is

wow, so because England isn't present a tournament isn't genuine? You just sound like a sore loser to me to be honest, they had the chance to qualify and the blew it, I know it hurts if you're english but it's the way it is.

Not getting enough paid? ...this isn't club football, playing for your country is pure honor, it is the most important for any professional football player. The Euro and World Cup are the tournaments where a player can become legendary, results in club football will mostly just be remembered by the fans of a particular club. Showing what you're made of during the Euro or world Cup will be remembered by everyone who likes football.

England should've been there but claiming a tournament isn't a real one without them is just a really narrow minded thing to say... if you're serious that is

Ah Well!!

At least Holland might have a chance now :wink:

ONLY JOKING!! :D:D

I agree. ............

............ it's a bit like the champions league without manchester city. pretty pointless really.

:wink:

Well, I know us Germans are not so strong in humoristic subjects :oops: , - but this one I really didn't understand. Manchester CITY ??

Are they allowed to play in the Asian Champions League - due to their current ownership ? :roll: :shock:

I suppose Southend-on-Sea will play CL before MC does, at least if the current owner of MC will not vanish in the haze in the very near future ....

your appreciation of irony is finely tuned, i see.

I see, you have only been playing football over the last three decades, so you did not have the chance to watch some brillant matches other teams have played. Sof you had been thoroughly watching the matches over that period of time you would not write such a nonsense. Heul doch !

I don't know but the top team are still Italy and france and I don't remember

when england was wining the euro cup last time ( I think I was not born that time).About germany they always go to the top 4 and in the semi and they won the euro already 4 times.I wish just that the best team win the cup :wink:

... I know it hurts if you're english but it's the way it is. .....

wow, so because England isn't present a tournament isn't genuine? You just sound like a sore loser to me to be honest,........

Xcuse me ? Did you learn to read ? Obviously not .... such a pity ...

I'm German - not English, but I rank fairness far higher than nationalism.

Not yet a loser at this stage of the tournament ....

In my mind is one thing:

English go to qualified with MU or Arsenal or CH or Lverpool .......

They in and maybe win :!: :!:

BUT too many individuals are in one team (all good but ..)

But what I say every time : sorry for England !

I dont like it!!!

Sorry, S hit english ==> but after 15 Heineken at 5.40 am. :arrow: :twisted: :twisted: :?:

In my mind is one thing:

English go to qualified with MU or Arsenal or CH or Lverpool .......

They in and maybe win :!: :!:

BUT too many individuals are in one team (all good but ..)

But what I say every time : sorry for England !

I dont like it!!!

Sorry, S hit english ==> but after 15 Heineken at 5.40 am. :arrow: :twisted: :twisted: :?:

Eh ever checked how many English players are in those teams?

... I know it hurts if you're english but it's the way it is. .....

wow, so because England isn't present a tournament isn't genuine? You just sound like a sore loser to me to be honest,........

Xcuse me ? Did you learn to read ? Obviously not .... such a pity ...

I'm German - not English, but I rank fairness far higher than nationalism.

Not yet a loser at this stage of the tournament ....

Ok, you got me, I forgot the part of you being German after the foolish lines which followed however YOU missed the point, it would've been nicer if England was in the tournament but their abscence doesn't make the tournament any less. Verstanden Sie mihr?

What to say, England cant make it... I can just laugh... even I like to see them play.

Anyway, Czech won first match.... muwaahaha

But they will loose to Portugal BUWAHAHAAHAH ;) ...actually I hope not, I hope Czech & Turkey will move on but it's probably Portugal & Czech.

I agree

It's just not the same without Engurland....No OTT hype in the newspapers and on TV about who they will play in the final and how 'Its coming home its coming home'

Then watch as the same newspapers rip them to bits when they play a shite 0-0 draw in the first game and even worse.....no one to :lol: at when they get knocked out on penalties :P

I agree

It's just not the same without Engurland....No OTT hype in the newspapers and on TV about who they will play in the final and how 'Its coming home its coming home'

Then watch as the same newspapers rip them to bits when they play a shite 0-0 draw in the first game and even worse.....no one to :lol: at when they get knocked out on penalties :P

Have the TV Commentators mentioned 1966 yet???? :roll:

The EPL is full of imports how can the English players get the experience playing the best if they can't get a game in their own league?

:? :? :?

The imports are playing there because they are wanted by the clubs why? Because they are good. It's the clubs themselves to blame for not properly training their youth or seeing who's still very young but will be great in the future (Arsenal is THE big exception because they are excellent at judging who's going to be big). Clubs like Manure and Chelsea just like to throw in some money for sure shots instead. Again, it sucks England isn't competing but they'll be back with a vengeance for sure at the world cup.

The imports are playing there because they are wanted by the clubs why? Because they are good

And the clubs pay good money!!!

Does the Dutch league have as many imports?

Again, it sucks England isn't competing but they'll be back with a vengeance for sure at the world cup.

Do the majority of English care if they make the World Cup these days!!! 1966 is along time ago?

Same Same as the county cricket system they let aussies kiwi's indians pakistani's etc etc play in their comp that's why they have beaten Australia once in twenty years in The Ashes!!! :D:D:D (Yes they have beaten other sides as well but I think you get the idea of what I am saying) :wink: :wink:

The imports are playing there because they are wanted by the clubs why? Because they are good

Again, it sucks England isn't competing but they'll be back with a vengeance for sure at the world cup.

Do the majority of English care if they make the World Cup these days!!! 1966 is along time ago?

Same Same as the county cricket system they let aussies kiwi's indians pakistani's etc etc play in their comp that's why they have beaten Australia once in twenty years in The Ashes!!! :D:D:D (Yes they have beaten other sides as well but I think you get the idea of what I am saying) :wink: :wink:

:) I don't know much about cricket except how that sort of bat looks like but... yes the Dutch league has MANY imported players as well but they are always unknown players because there is no budget for big players plus the tax on their salary is pretty damn high and the government refuses to adjust that (rightfully so). There are plenty of Dutch guys who are good but they end up with the bigger clubs once they show any sign of promise so a talented dutch player after his 23rd in the dutch league is very rare, they do tend to return for a little while just before they retire. Many foreign great players developed their skills further in the dutch league as well, look at those brasil guys for example; Ronaldo and Romario. I will look up the exact number of foreign players and national players if you want. But the big ones move to England, Italy, Spain & Germany because those are competing on the highest level (and provide much better salary).

So again, it's the guidance and training of young national english players which might need improvement, they are already in the right country with one of the best leagues. Maybe they should introduce a law which forces clubs to at least let 60% of team be an englishman but that might not be a good idea, that law excisted in Holland but because they lost ground to other countries real fast that law was cancelled to give teams the chance to play with their best possible starters rather than a minimum amount of nationals... did id help? Hell no ;)

At least the great dutch players develop further in the big leagues so they can shine for the national team, it is a reasonable price to pay for not seeing them play in the dutch stadiums. All that matters are the Euro & World Cup

:) I don't know much about cricket except how that sort of bat looks like but... yes the Dutch league has MANY imported players as well but they are always unknown players because there is no budget for big players plus the tax on their salary is pretty damn high and the government refuses to adjust that (rightfully so). There are plenty of Dutch guys who are good but they end up with the bigger clubs once they show any sign of promise so a talented dutch player after his 23rd in the dutch league is very rare, they do tend to return for a little while just before they retire. Many foreign great players developed their skills further in the dutch league as well, look at those brasil guys for example; Ronaldo and Romario. I will look up the exact number of foreign players and national players if you want. But the big ones move to England, Italy, Spain & Germany because those are competing on the highest level (and provide much better salary).

So again, it's the guidance and training of young national english players which might need improvement, they are already in the right country with one of the best leagues. Maybe they should introduce a law which forces clubs to at least let 60% of team be an englishman but that might not be a good idea, that law excisted in Holland but because they lost ground to other countries real fast that law was cancelled to give teams the chance to play with their best possible starters rather than a minimum amount of nationals... did id help? Hell no ;)

At least the great dutch players develop further in the big leagues so they can shine for the national team, it is a reasonable price to pay for not seeing them play in the dutch stadiums. All that matters are the Euro & World Cup

In short "it's all about the money" those who have the most will get the best!!!

(Not disagreeing with what you wrote very good) (Cricket is easy to understand) :lol::lol::lol:

I have played soccer for roughly 3 decades and during all that time ENGLAND was the key benchmark. They have the - by far - highest speed in the game, sensational players and an outstanding sense of fairness.

pls remind me which major soccer championship England has won in the last 3 decades !!

because i can't f**king think of any !!!!!

pls remind me which major soccer championship England has won in the last 3 decades !!

My point is, that it's not always the best 2 teams of a tournament, who enter the finals, earn the merits and remain in the memories !!!

Even though any generalization is fragile ...

By the way, Michael Ballack and Juergen Klinsmann share that very positive view of the English football and both have a pretty clear overview regarding the last years of European football history, performance-, strategy- and tactics-wise.

Still, the headline of this forum represented my very PERSONAL opinion.

And at the end of the day I agree with Volcano:

May the best team win ....

yeah... do you remember the 1994 world cup, in the US?? .. it is considered one of the best world cups ever (excellent games, lots of goals, excellent facilities and organization, full stadiums)...well...ENGLAND didnt qualify for USA 94. Did anybody missed England? Humm.... i don't think 8)

My point is, that it's not always the best 2 teams of a tournament, who enter the finals, earn the merits and remain in the memories !!!

Even though any generalization is fragile ...

By the way, Michael Ballack and Juergen Klinsmann share that very positive view of the English football and both have a pretty clear overview regarding the last years of European football history, performance-, strategy- and tactics-wise.

Still, the headline of this forum represented my very PERSONAL opinion.

And at the end of the day I agree with Volcano:

May the best team win ....

BOLLOCKS !!!!!

in the last 3 decades the England team has NEVER been the key benchmark and has NEVER been 1 of the 2 best teams in an international tournament !!

Sven got them to the last 8 of the last 2 major tournaments he was in charge for and that was about their rightful position !!!