TF Photo Competition *June*

Hobbes

Sorry for the delay in starting a TF photo competition. I had asked the question over a month ago and got some positive feedback so here we go.

The topic for this months competition is: "Your World"

Please send your entries by 28/06/2008 to photo.comp@ hotmail.co.uk (remember to remove the space between @ and hotmail if copy and pasting)

The rules can be found here.

I choose a topic that is very open to get things started off. Please feel free to send entries that interpret the topic the way you see it. :)

You can send a photo you have already or go out and shoot something specific for this topic...it's up to you. :wink:

Please, just don't use any photos you have previously posted here because the entries in the voting thread will be anonymous.

Although it is a competition it is supposed to be sanook. Do not be shy entering just because we have some resident photographers that could well contribute to the National Geographic. If you enjoy photography join in whatever your equipment (I don't have a digital SLR either) or your level is.

We can all learn from the discussions we will have about the entries and hopefully improve our techniques and style. :)

I'll be on holiday for the next 2 weeks and return on the (you guessed it) 28/06. I'll still check occasionally but won't be able to do any chasing or answering a lot of questions (I shouldn't have too really, anyway).

Feel free to give the thread an occasional bump to remind people.

Thanks and good luck to everybody....and now go out and get snapping! 8)

Very interesting... but i'm an amature with no imagination and SRL. :-S

It doesn't matter...we are all amateurs (well, most of us anyway :wink: ) and don't have all SLR's either (me certainly not). If you enjoy photos, take part! :)

As Ciaran pointed out we might just all learn something (I sure could do with pointing out the errors of my ways...sometimes that is).

8)

Right, it is very nice ideal. So, if your guys have time, please prepare/post more detail about the rules :P

Then we can vote for the best pic of each month or something like that.

The rules can be found in my last journal, the link to which is in the first post. They are as easy and simple as my engineering brain would let me allow them to be. :wink:

And yes, you will get to vote on all the entries for the month.

Now, stop all this jabbering about and go out there shooting some pictures! :wink:

:)

i would like to post for a trial

but ur link doesn't work.

The e-mail link does not appear to be working indeed :oops: (it just crashed my Firefox a few times when I tried).

The email address however does work. I just removed the offending link now replacing it with the 'plain vanilla' email address.

Thanks for letting me know.

Took some pictures already but they are not good enough and I found out the theme "your world" isn't easy (for me at least). I need to be more creative.

It depends where you put the stress Nicky. I think you can interpret it as your WORLD, or as YOUR world, leaving it open to personal interpretation. Are your job, your house, garden, family or dogs YOUR world?

Well, there you go then.

I hope lots of members join this Hobbes.

Me too, I just hope he doesn't post the piccies ;)

Good idea PiAnt but I'm afraid some members can recognize the picture because I posted like 2999 pics of *your world* in my 300 something journals already, you know. It should be something different. Suddenly my world seems small.

I deliberately chose a subject that was as open to interpretation as I could think off.

I'm sure, judging by your journals, that you will come up with something ingenious. :) Will those members familiar with your journals recognise your entry by your style? Maybe, but that might not be a bad thing. :wink:

Happy snapping Nicky!

i would like to post for a trial

but ur link doesn't work.

i told him u were too f**king good and tht he shouldn't allow u to enter !!!! :D:D:D:D

(((( you silly rabbit / CRM)))

i have not taken any photos for several months. but i wanting to try here.

for sharing and educational. and your world could be just anything surround you..

Well, I'm back from my holidays and would have hoped to find more entries in my inbox then I did.

This means we will have a very small competition this month and hopefully more people will become interested to join next month.

Thanks to those that did send in entries. I shall try to get the gallery later today, in between washing all them sweaty, greasy biking t-shirts, cleaning the bike and various other bits that need doing after being away for 2 weeks. :wink: :shock:

8)

I want to try but I'm not sure if i can do this. :P

There are no 'ifs' or 'buts'. The only requirement to join the competition is that you are a member of this site.

I've seen the photos you post in your journals and frankly am wondering what you have been waiting for...a written invitation? :roll: :P

Anyway, you get another chance next month. So watch this space.

I want to try but I'm not sure if i can do this. :P

There are no 'ifs' or 'buts'. The only requirement to join the competition is that you are a member of this site.

I've seen the photos you post in your journals and frankly am wondering what you have been waiting for...a written invitation? :roll: :P

Anyway, you get another chance next month. So watch this space.

Okie dokie!

I would like to see the invitation letter though. :P