Farang Jobs In Bangkok?

alvish

Question

Hoping to get a non-teaching job in Thailand (Teaching doesn't suit me due to a swearing & kicking problem.)

What other jobs are suitable for Farang in Bangkok was thinkin call centres maybe....?

Teaching soooo passe for Thailand....

If you have no obvious skills, I would suggest you be a DJ.

Goes down well with the chicks..

Pimp?

Who needs a pimp now that there is the internet? Girls are doing it for themselves...

DJ... talk about lack of Drum 'n Bass clubs in BKK with authority..

One of the DJs at Q Bar earns Bt60k/month - enough to keep you on alcopops for a while. Beats teaching, dont have to get up in the morning. In fact you dont even need to have a job as its off-season in Ibiza.

I understand that most of you girls and guys never have set your foot in a go-go bar..

Just like me, until my friends mother wanted to see what it was all about! *S*

Still I don`t know why she picked me, it must be because I have this blue eyes..

But the story I wanted to tell is about a friend of me from "god old England".. As many guys who have been forced into a go-go, he found out that this is paradise..

So he married the mamasan and got a well paid job as manager.. in heaven..

He run of to all "his" girls at work with a smile on his face every evening, and have done it for years.. The only drawback is his wife..

Sorry, of course he is happy with his fat and ugly mamasan, he is surrounded by beautiful dancing girls every night..

Who look at him with sadistic lusty and sexy eyes..

Not blue and innocent like mine..

I have never seen somebody that "strong"..

Who can live under that kind of preassure for years..

No touching.. just look!

Is that job hell or heaven?! :-)

I would for sure go crazy..

It's so difficult for a farang to find a job in Thailand, especially when you don't have any special skills and I think swearing and kicking aren't counted as a skill ( may be you can be a thai boxer or a boxing promoter if u r interested in it and you're sure you can kick harder than thai boxers 8) )

Moreover, you also need a connection to get a job over here. Almost of farangs working in thailand are sent from their mother company in their countries.

Anyway, if you can't really find a job here, I'd like to suggest u to look for a job or live on welfare in your country. Save your money and move to thailand when u are early retired

Good luck

We are in dire need of good Lollipop Men at some of our major intersections

_39380648_lollipopman203.jpg

Your shouting and swearing skills would be well suited

Only a short-term holiday visa? Don't worry, life expectancy of a Bangkok Lollipop Man would be a matter of hours or perhaps days if your nimble :lol:

Maybe I could be the friendly pimp who treats the girls with respect and gives them plenty of cash then ill be makin the system better, there will be hos no matter what.

I cant play the decks and if I did progressive house or techno aren't very mainstream in Bangkok and I can't stick Drum and Base.

I've been on that www.jobsdb.com daily post for a while now but not many openings for farang come along for a person with only a business degree.

Think the embassy is my best bet as living on the UKs jobseekers allowance isn't great (3000 baht a week).

Thanks again for the help!!!

Groovy, there's no way in hell I'm going to uproot my current life and relocate to another country and start from scratch. Been through that twice, it's fun but takes a bit out of you each time and my preferences have morphed over the years. ;)

I suppose it could be I'm getting lazier in my old age but I think it's more that I feel I've done my peanut butter and I deserve something a bit more, um, delectable. :)

Good to be back on the forums! :)

The problem is i have no references i've always worked for my dad as an assistant and owned my own business so if they ask for references ill be out of luck im thinking.

I've lived in Bangkok before for 5 months but have a small business of my own and the rents are hopefully investing in a small place for me and the girl just want to get a proper job so i can settle this time, ill be out for 3 months in May and back out again soon after to get a place, if worst comes to worse ill be starting a small business in Ko Chang.

Thanks everyone for the info' I'll keep my eyes open

An idea just pops up in my head, anyone interested in opening a graphic design company? LOL :lol: I do know a few kids waiting desperately to be taken under my wings. Maybe I could be a female pimp :lol:

I'm off to think this through.

pimp meeeee err... mac mommy?

used to freelance. can dredge up my book, not tell ppl how ancient the work is. maybe even do some new stuff...