How to make a complete fool of myself

SpeedTriple

Neung - ¢Ãº¤Ø³ÃÒ¡¤ÃѺ :D
Apparently, you have never heard me speak Thai :roll:

Come on Bobby... record something and give us a link to it :lol:

You know Rich, I have to say that DAMN....you sound really natural mate!!

Am I jealous? Chai mak mak

p.s. i'll give the link thing a try when i actually start pronouncing Thai (right now, i'm studying the actual language, script, and making my memory fried LOL) :roll:

Good job Rich :D

Does 'smiling' count? I did smile :wink:

Good job Rich.

Noochy

PS*Frankly speaking, why foreginers have the same intonation when they speak Thai? :roll: No worries Rich, I could decipher what you just said :lol:

Hi Noochy, sabai dee rue krup?

You raise a good question. To a native Thai speaker, does for example, an Englishman and an American sound the same when they speak Thai?? What about a scandinavian or Frenchman?

Do all foreigners sound the same?

Good job Rich.

Noochy

PS*Frankly speaking, why foreginers have the same intonation when they speak Thai? :roll: No worries Rich, I could decipher what you just said :lol:

You raise a good question. To a native Thai speaker, does for example, an Englishman and an American sound the same when they speak Thai?? What about a scandinavian or Frenchman?

Hi Khun Bobby, Noochy sabaidee ka :D

Hhmmmmm I think pretty much every Westerners I know have a similar intonation. Maybe because the way they raise their voice (e.g. at the end of the sentence) or the way they make a pause in a sentence. Probably because those languages have the same root? However I didn't hear people from other Asian countries speak this way. They usually stress on practically every word (like Thai people :lol: ) , not a particular part of the sentence like Westerners do.

Just my two baht na ja

Noochy

Good job Rich.

Noochy

Hi Khun Bobby, Noochy sabaidee ka :D

Hhmmmmm I think pretty much every Westerners I know have a similar intonation. Maybe because the way they raise their voice (e.g. at the end of the sentence) or the way they make a pause in a sentence. Probably because those languages have the same root? However I didn't hear people from other Asian countries speak this way. They usually stress on practically every word (like Thai people :lol: ) , not a particular part of the sentence like Westerners do.

Just my two baht na ja

Noochy

HAHAHA....It's worth atleast 10, 00 baht to me krup :D

Interesting, many other Asian languages use tones I believe, so what you say makes sense. Makes me wonder how Thai would sound without tones? Or, English with tones? Would they become different languages? hmmmm

hi, Rich

Although I had to laugh before (sounds like a monk in a Wat saying his prayers, lol), I still admire what u have done. Good job, mate.

And next time, do it after 16 bottles of stella (not Heineken, don't become a second Paul Collins, 1 is enough :P ).

PS. Not all Asian speak in tones, only SE-Asians and Chinese ppl do.

hi, Rich

Although I had to laugh before (sounds like a monk in a Wat saying his prayers, lol), I still admire what u have done. Good job, mate.

And next time, do it after 16 bottles of stella (not Heineken, don't become a second Paul Collins, 1 is enough :P ).

PS. Not all Asian speak in tones, only SE-Asians and Chinese ppl do.

Hey thanks for the knowledge Thaibel :D

Maybe I should try to get drunk when I speak Thai?....worth a shot LOL

Cherry... Thanks :)

BTW I did Grungtep precisely because it IS difficult to say :P

I like a challenge.

Mel.

I bet your French is better than my Thai :wink:

Mr Softie - 3 primary reasons for recording my voice

1) I truely love the sound of my own voice

2) How could anyone hear it if I don't record it

3) I am trying to learn to speak Thai while living in England, recording it and allowing Thai people to criticise it helps me to learn to speak better Thai.

Rich.

next time, do it after 16 bottles of stella (not Heineken, don't become a second Paul Collins, 1 is enough :P ).

I heard my name????

Actually I like stella too - not just heineken! if anyone buys me 16 bottles of either stella or heineken I'll attempt to repeat the real name for BKK....

After a few beers my Thai language skills improve dramatically.....

You're on Paul 8)

STOPPIT you're giving me boner

Damn... clearly my primary objective was to impress the girls.

Hmmmm have to rethink my strategy :wink:

Paul, maybe you just think they improve :D

Anyway sounds like a good enough excuse to go out and drink some beer.

Bobby... some time in May perhaps.

Actually I like stella too - not just heineken! if anyone buys me 16 bottles of either stella or heineken I'll attempt to repeat the real name for BKK....

Stella??? Are you talking about that piss they brew in Egypt? Never drank two bottles that tasted the same.

next time, do it after 16 bottles of stella (not Heineken, don't become a second Paul Collins, 1 is enough :P ).

I heard my name????

Paul, okay I can forgive ur little sins (like drinking Heineken :P ). Anyway I think u will drink whatever that contains alcohol :lol: .

Ur skills of the Thai Languages improves dramatically (the adjective says it all ):lol: .

In April I will be in TL for a months, let's try tro make an appointment and give u some drinking education. Not the quantity, but the quality matters :twisted: .

Stella??? Are you talking about that piss they brew in Egypt? Never drank two bottles that tasted the same.

Noooooo.

It's Belgian, I never saw it sold in Thailand when I was there.

Dunno if it's sold in BKK though.

STOPPIT you're giving me boner

Damn... clearly my primary objective was to impress the girls.

Hmmmm have to rethink my strategy :wink:

Paul, maybe you just think they improve :D

Anyway sounds like a good enough excuse to go out and drink some beer.

Bobby... some time in May perhaps.

Rich, some time in May DEFFINETELY!!

MAY 10-24 :D:D:D