Hobbes

Choose your favourite picture!  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite picture!

• Colours of My World
    • MY WORLD ONE WORD
    • A Japanese Bridge and Past Reflections, Vietnam
    • Lesser Spotted Homo Telephotolensis

what i'm not clear on though is whether there were more entries than 4, and these were selected because of the number of poll options, or whether that's all there were.

I wouldn't pre-select any entries. These are the only one's that entered. If there will be more the next time around (hint, hint... :roll: ) then there will be more to vote on. Simple as.

8)

what i'm not clear on though is whether there were more entries than 4, and these were selected because of the number of poll options, or whether that's all there were.

I wouldn't pre-select any entries. These are the only one's that entered. If there will be more the next time around (hint, hint... :roll: ) then there will be more to vote on. Simple as.

8)

hmmmmm can't use the polling option past four, or maybe six, options.

maybe if there happen to be a lot of entries, make it like the world cup, and have a group round or something (or single elimination vote-offs like the NCAA tournament) :twisted:

i think a narrower, more concrete topic might actually get more entries. i'd imagine that i'm not the only one who doesn't have anything on the hard drive that leapt out as fitting the topic, and i'd also imagine i'm not the only one too lazy to come up with something and shoot it for TF.

if the topic were, say, "temples" or "ruins" or "really obese, fluffy cats in obscene poses" then i'd throw one in.

I'll stay with my first choice:

# 2: a creative idea, maybe not in terms of photgraphy

# 3: good composition. Using the reflexion in the water is nice done. Maybe it could be a little bit closer. But I guess he had to make it while swimming. Ive too in Hoi Ann.

# 1: Too much of air in the pic. The horizon is quite right in the middle of the picture. If there were some stable clouds with sun on it, it would be different. Just put a paper and cut half of the air away and it's a panoramic and totally other picture.

# 4 : Just don't like it. A picture everyone with a good camera can make.

I thought the original purpose of this contest was for people to submit photographs that THEY liked in regards to the topic at hand.

While I like the voting system, I think it would be better to leave the members comments out of the contest.

All the pictures submitted were great and talent and energy went into every shot.

If you don't have something positive to say about a picture or something constructive in a photographic sense, then DON'T COMMENT!

Otherwise I see this contest as being short lived and not a lot of fun.

While I like the voting system, I think it would be better to leave the members comments out of the contest.

the flipside of that, is that if someone is so thin-skinned that the fact that not every single person on TF (let alone the planet) loves every picture they take is discouraging to them in any serious way, then the fragile flower should sell their camera and take up a hobby more suitable to their delicate sensibilities (in between swoons of course).

if you're going to attempt any kind of artwork including photography, even on a casual, recreational basis, and ever hope to show it to anyone who isn't your momma....

you'd need to get a spine before you get a camera.

If you don't have something positive to say about a picture or something constructive in a photographic sense, then DON'T COMMENT!

i'd rather people be honest in their reactions to pics than force themselves positive. anything else is not respectful of the photographers and the work they're doing.

i'd agree 110 percent commentors should strive to make their comments CONSTRUCTIVE. this means, yes, if you're going to be negative, say something that you believe will help the photographer to take better pictures.

of course, there will likely be trolls and idiots being nasty for the sake of it, but hey... this is tf... comes with the territory.

Otherwise I see this contest as being short lived and not a lot of fun.

i'd see a contest wherein comments are disallowed as not worth viewing. i wouldn''t bother to look at the pictures, let alone vote, as the contest would be a sham for dilettantes with fragile egos rather than any sincere attempt at photography.

however, i expect the people who submitted photos are grown up enough to handle posting their pics, and any comments that might follow.

In case you have wondered if I have forgotten my duties, I can assure I have not.

With the voting period over and all votes counted and verified, I have the pleasure of announcing the winner of the first TF Monthly Photo Competition for June 2008 is:

clemenf

for his entry "Colours of My World"

Congratulations!!! :lol:

The other entries were by:

PANDOREA - "MY WORLD ONE WORD"

sathorn - "A Japanese Bridge and Past Reflections, Vietnam"

Hobbes - "Lesser Spotted Homo Telephotolensis"

Thanks a lot for everyone brave enough to participate and I hope to see your contributions for this months competition again. :wink:

The topic for the Photo competition for July 2008 has been chosen by the winner of the June competition.

And the topic set by clemenf is "Sunset".

I will create a new thread for the July competion shortly where I will announce the deadline for entries.

Before anyone wants to plunge the knife in and twist the blade a little...yes, my entry for June's competition received zero, nil, null, zippo, zilch, nada, niente points, however that won't stop me from entering again. If you want to know if I'm bovvered by such a result check out the picture in my photo album with 'bailiff' in the title. :wink: :twisted:

Before anyone wants to plunge the knife in and twist the blade a little...yes, my entry for June's competition received zero, nil, null, zippo, zilch, nada, niente points, however that won't stop me from entering again. . :wink: :twisted:

You should have voted for yourself! hehe

Before anyone wants to plunge the knife in and twist the blade a little...yes, my entry for June's competition received zero, nil, null, zippo, zilch, nada, niente points, however that won't stop me from entering again. . :wink: :twisted:

You should have voted for yourself! hehe

Now, that would have been a tad obvious...but it did cross my mind. :twisted:

now just for the terminally thick.. um... a friend wants to know. how does one put the picture into the computer in such a way that it ends up on TF, again? was there a photobucket site or something we upload to?

yes !!!!

Yes, I opened a photobucket account for the purpose of this competition. I should perhaps post the link to the gallery there as well.

now just for the terminally thick.. um... a friend wants to know. how does one put the picture into the computer in such a way that it ends up on TF, again? was there a photobucket site or something we upload to?

I think Piant, or one of the other mods did a talk through in one of the forums on how to do it, but yes you upload your photos to Photobucket or Flickr, or similar and then copy the link from there to your Journal or post.

Thank u all who vote and who showed up in competition

Hope more enteries next month....and from ppl made those constructive criticism on the pics :P

About my pic...its imported from Raw to Adobe Lightroom...and then aded little more contrast...think thats all

know about filter....but dont have

didnt want any clouds in thsi pic....so im happy with it :P

its just swedish summerpic from countryside...so Blue and Yellow have some meaning too...hehee

chook dee krap

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, you can find the gallery with the entries for the June competition here.

The new competition thread is up and running as well.

8)

Checked the link and it needs password, Hobbes. :(

Dooh... :shock: I'm terrible sorry, Nicky. Of course when I tried the link it took me to the gallery remembering my IP.

Anyway, I set the album to 'public'. Please could you try again and see if the link works now? Thanks!

8)