TF Photo Competition *July*

Hobbes

I have just done a search on Photobucket. (OK, I'm impatient)

Still no sign of the pics for this months competition. I presume that Mr. Hobbes is still busy sifting and organizing all the entries. I can't wait to see all those beautiful sunset shots. :D

And I can understand your impatience only to good...the pictures are all on photobucket. The problem lies with the TF forum. I can't create a polling thread with enough polling options even if I was to divide it up into 2 or even 3 heats...it just tells me I have more voting options than is allowed. :(

I contacted whoever is on the end of the 'contact us' button at the bottom of the page about this problem...no reply yet.

I'm terrible sorry for this delay.

Ok mate, why not revise the voting and have heats over say one week each, and then a final? It would be even more fun and I am sure everyone would understand.

Mark, that is what I have been trying to do in my desperation but once you have to run 5, 6 or more heats simultaneously it will just become very confusing for members and you will still end up with more 'finalists' then you can put on a voting thread...then what? Have quarter and semi-finals? That to me is a wee bit ridiculuos.

I'm no expert but I'm also a member of other forums where polling threads have more than just the less than 6 (I stopped trying when I was down to 6 and it still wouldn't let me post it) options we have here. I would hazard an educated guess that it is just a value set by the admin of the site/board and could be changed within certain parameters giving us more voting options (the form when creating your polling thread certainly lets you add them). Now I have asked them to help me out here but haven't had a reply yet.

I'm really trying to keep the momentum going and not frustrate and dissappoint you guys since we had an excellent response for this months competition. Unless I take this whole thing completely external, which to me would defy the objective of having a TF photo competition, I'm running out of feasible ideas. :cry:

Yours truly hair-pulling & Glaswegian kissing keyboards... :shock:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I had a reply from Jay and all seems to be jolly good now.

Thanks again to Admin for taking the time to speedily solve this little problem.

Still at work folks, so I will post the gallery and voting thread in a couple of hours when I get back home.

Apologies all round for keeping you all on tender hooks for so long...I know I should have sorted this before running into this limitation. :oops:

Laters alligators... :lol:

i think quarter- and semi-finals would be AWESOME!

wooo hoooo!!!! PLAYOFFS!!! WIN-OR-GO-HOME-TIME!!!!

uh. waitaminnit. i'm already home.

how will the penalty kicks format work on TF !!

I like the quarter and semi finals idea...

Ciaran can deliver the kicks and zbh convert the tries. How does it sound?

i wanna be goalie. think of all the people's days i could ruin.

dont need to be a goalie to do that Zeus!!!! :twisted:

dont need to be a goalie to do that Zeus!!!! :twisted:

no, you could just be a score-keeper... :twisted:

good point. or linesman, even better.

or referee so all abuse would be allowed!!!! :twisted:

referees are mere thugs whereas linesmen are artists. think about the delicate orchestration raising the flag just as hope soars to its highest, crushing the life and soul out of those who dared hope. <sigh> i'm getting the warm fuzzies just thinking about it.

referees are mere thugs whereas linesmen are artists. think about the delicate orchestration raising the flag just as hope soars to its highest, crushing the life and soul out of those who dared hope. <sigh> i'm getting the warm fuzzies just thinking about it.

You mean a hard-one?! :roll:

:twisted:

You mean a hard-one?! :roll:

:twisted:

that'd be a stiffy. warm fuzzies are what you feel when you see the cutest puppy in the world, or what i feel when i see the cutest puppy in the world being grilled for dinner.