Must do's in Krabi and Chiang Mai

MR_LUKE

For Krabi I would say the Islands are a must. Koh Hong, (my fav) Koh Tub, Koh Gai and Koh Poda You can walk over a sand bank between Poda and Tub - it's pretty cool. Also Paradise Island, bamboo Island Koh Jam, Koh Yao (Yai & Noi), Koh Lanta.

Railay beach is nice and is great if you like rock climbing. Phra Nang Beach is the nicest beach on the peninsular in my opinion and there's a cave with lots of great big wooden penises in it. There's a very good story about it in the February edition of Krabi Magazine :)

If you like temples then Wat Tam Suea in Krabi Town is very cool, although you have to walk up a very steep 1200 or so steps to get to it, but there's a goos view from the top. Otherwise check out Wat Bang Rian (maybe Pan Nga).

Sa Morakot (crystal pool) is nice and there are lots of places for kayaking - Ao Thalane, Bor Thor, Than Boke Khoranee National Park, Railay, Koh Hong. Khao Phanom Bencha is nice too.

If you get a chance go to the Krabi Magazine office (Moo 5, Khlong Haeng, Ao Nang, next to Thursday market) and pick up a few magazines. (free) Ao Nang is a good place to base yourself in Krabi - couple of beaches and close to Islands, national parks, elephant trecks, waterfalls etc, etc