Thailand Best Fishing Spots

lynn81174

Great topic! :D

We had good luck taking a 50 foot boat out of Phuket. Caught nice Tuna will trolling. I think it was between 10000-12000 baht for the entire day. That was 2 years ago and I am sure prices have changed because of petrol cost.

I am VERY interested in information about Krabi, because I will be there in a few months. Already have a day planned for fishing, but have no information about boats and prices.

Will keep you informed abt the pricing of the boats and such.. will be trying my fishing skills at Ko Lanta. The last I was in Krabi early this year they were charging abt 10,000-12,000 for boat.

Have pruchased new Daiwa's and shimano rods, just for this trip on wed for 8 days of fun in the sun with my rods and reels! Then off to Indonesia for a few more days of angling.

Do you know what fishes to expect in the Southern Thailand seas? Dorados, Giant Travallis, Marlins, Baracuda, mackarel.. I think.. not too sure.. but sure as hell gonna hope for a good size catch and fight!!

We had good luck taking a 50 foot boat out of Phuket. Caught nice Tuna will trolling. I think it was between 10000-12000 baht for the entire day. That was 2 years ago and I am sure prices have changed because of petrol cost.

I am VERY interested in information about Krabi, because I will be there in a few months. Already have a day planned for fishing, but have no information about boats and prices.

Thanks for the information Lynn. :)

I wanted to go to Koh Lanta, but high season prices are not very good. But we will probably be fishing the same waters! :D

Not sure of the type of fish we can catch. I guess depends on how far out the boat can go. At the least, I would expect Dorado, Tuna and Baracuda.

That's some good gear you are using. I will be bringing my travel rods and a few Penn reels with me. Regretfully, you can't really trust the gear on the boat. Always better to bring your own.

Can't wait to see pictures from the trip.

Tight lines, my friend!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lynn, There are Dorado in Krabi waters? Didn?t know that. I only use a fly rod and have catch small stuff of a kayak off Tonsai beach. In fresh water around Phuket the Pacu are a great game fish and there are land locked tarpon too.

Around BKK there are places you can fish for barramundi which are really great fun. Check out me out on youtube near BKK.

My friend from Krabi has a friend with a fishing boat there. Will find out the costs and let you know. Will you be going down to Ko Lanta?

Yeah I have checked out the boats in phuket for a 3 day 2 night trip got a quote from the guys there,.. but really expensive.. like 90,000 baht for 3/2nights. For 6 persons. Anyone know of any cheaper boats out there? With bunks for 6-10pax.?

would love to see some pics from the trip also. good to see some ladies getting into fishing as well.

did a few days out at koh kood earlier this year. good fun. mainly smaller stuff whilst we live baited for sailfish. managed to hook one sailfish but dropped it after abt ten minutes. still good fun though. some pics from the trip http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29676&id=644998125

also not sure if youre interested but some other pics from fishing back in australia

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10554&id=644998125

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7565&id=644998125

cheers

I tried to have a look at the video.. but no luck.. hmm... anyway I added u in facebk.. not so sure if it went thru.. as my connection here is bad..

Hi Lynn, There are Dorado in Krabi waters? Didn?t know that. I only use a fly rod and have catch small stuff of a kayak off Tonsai beach. In fresh water around Phuket the Pacu are a great game fish and there are land locked tarpon too.

Around BKK there are places you can fish for barramundi which are really great fun. Check out me out on youtube near BKK.

Saw the video of ya!! Cool!! At least you have a good pal to record this.. when I am out at sea.. everyone is too busy with their own rods and catches to bother.. :) Anyway will be heading to Indonesia, South China Seas for 3 days 2 nights of fishing next week from Singapore. Wish me luck!!

As for the fishing pics.. not very familiar with how to post it here.. it's all in my facebook though..

I've only fished with a net or a spear gun here, both got good results.

Used a rod and line to catch a lot of squid for the BBQ but that doesn't really count.

But Squid fishing is fun too. Fished for squids a few times.. fun to see them going around my Squid Jig. And yummy squid sashimi for the samller ones as soon as I get it out of the water. That's why I always carry a tube of Wasabi with me on my trips. :wink:

But Squid fishing is fun too. Fished for squids a few times.. fun to see them going around my Squid Jig. And yummy squid sashimi for the samller ones as soon as I get it out of the water. That's why I always carry a tube of Wasabi with me on my trips. :wink:

gr8 to hear that lynni!

BTW... did you get laid as of recently

gr8 to hear that lynni!

What kind of gentleman would ask a qstn like that!!!! URgh!! That's for me to know and for you to never find out!

gr8 to hear that lynni!

What kind of gentleman would ask a qstn like that!!!! URgh!! That's for me to know and for you to never find out!

Lynn, have you been drinking? How else could you possibly mistake siam hotel as a gentleman??

:twisted:

My friend from Krabi has a friend with a fishing boat there. Will find out the costs and let you know. Will you be going down to Ko Lanta?

Yeah I have checked out the boats in phuket for a 3 day 2 night trip got a quote from the guys there,.. but really expensive.. like 90,000 baht for 3/2nights. For 6 persons. Anyone know of any cheaper boats out there? With bunks for 6-10pax.?

Thanks for the info, Lynn! That would be great!!!!!

Not going to Koh Lanta. We will be staying in Railay Beach. Should be easy to get a boat from either there or Krabi.

I can't help with the overnight trip prices because I've never gone on that type of trip in BKK.

I have friends who love to eat fresh caught squid. NO WAY!!! LOL.

Good luck on your trip in Singapore!