• Mekong Delta Sunset
    • Golden Sunset
    • Sunset in Mallorca
    • Only You
    • Look
    • Hangzhou, China, 27 December 2003
    • At the End of the Day
    • Shepherd's Pie

After a somewhat lengthy wait for which I would like to apologise I hereby present you this months TF Photo Competition entries for the topic "Sunset" as chosen by last months winner clemenf.

As you will see the response and the number of participants has picked up remarkably from last month. Enjoy.

Entry 1

towardsthesunset.jpg

"Towards the sunset"

Entry 2

spainsunset.jpg

"Spain Sunset"

Entry 3

MONKSWEEPING.jpg

"Monk Sweeping"

Entry4

Iraqisunset.jpg

"Iraqi Sunset"

Entry 5

GoneFishing.jpg

"Gone Fishing"

Entry 6

HomeheadstheLongtail.jpg

"Home heads the longtail"

Entry 7

Tower-bridge-Panorama.gif

"Tower Bridge Panorama"

Entry 8

sunset.jpg

"Sunset"

Entry 9

RythmofPlacidity.jpg

"Rhythm of Placidity"

Entry 10

MekongDeltaSunset.jpg

"Mekong Delta Sunset"

Entry 11

GoldenSunset.jpg

"Golden Sunset"

Entry 12

SunsetinMallorca.jpg

"Sunset in Mallorca"

Entry 13

OnlyYou.jpg

"Only You"

Entry 14

Look.jpg

"Look"

Entry 15

hangzhou.jpg

"Hangzhou, China, 27 December 2003"

Entry 16

AtTheEndOfTheDay.jpg

"At the End of the Day"

Entry 17

ShepherdsPie.jpg

"Shepherd's Pie"

Over to you ladies and Gents...get voting, get discussing, get huffing & puffing. 8)

Vote will last 6 days

Since there has been such a good response this month I chose to provide an additional prize for the winner this month...

...the winner will get 50 Business cards with the winning picture on one side which I will get printed at Moo. 8)

Keep it civilised & constructive with the comments, please! :wink:

8)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm getting a ******* headache.

since no one had the courtesy to submit anything that sucked ass, this is gonna be tough. i haven't made up my mind yet, how long do we have?

even the ones that look like something i've seen a thousand times are so well executed that i'm inclined to believe that the ones that predated them copied *them*.

the photographs look like the photographers got what they wanted out of the cameras, so this gets to be VERY subjective.

dear photographers, next time, suck please. you''ll make voting easier. thanks.

i'm getting a f*cking headache.

since no one had the courtesy to submit anything that sucked ass, this is gonna be tough. i haven't made up my mind yet, how long do we have?

even the ones that look like something i've seen a thousand times are so well executed that i'm inclined to believe that the ones that predated them copied *them*.

the photographs look like the photographers got what they wanted out of the cameras, so this gets to be VERY subjective.

dear photographers, next time, suck please. you''ll make voting easier. thanks.

You forgot to take you meds....for fucks sake....choose...and you are a headache....butt ache....belly ache.....just choose......waiting patiantly.....

Some very good photos there, and some that look very professional!!

Ive looked several times but still cant decide on what I like best, but I do have a short list of 5 now :lol:

As a matter of interest, is there anything in the rules that says you cant photoshop your photos? If not, Im off to buy a copy of photoshop for next months competition :wink:

Some very good photos there, and some that look very professional!!

Ive looked several times but still cant decide on what I like best, but I do have a short list of 5 now :lol:

As a matter of interest, is there anything in the rules that says you cant photoshop your photos? If not, Im off to buy a copy of photoshop for next months competition :wink:

The rules say that editing and post-processing in Photoshop is allowed. But I believe it is like with good wine were you need foremost good grapes to make a good wine. Blending and ageing in oak barrels doesn't get a mediocre wine any closer to being a good one. Same with photos a good shot can benefit from post-processing whilst a bad picture will just look worse. :)

I decided to give my vote to the picture nr. 4. The quality of the picture might not be the best but I like the way the picture telling story. The pictures nr.3 is excellent quality, lights and all that but I like the story of the nr.4 more.

The picture nr.8 is nice but I think it?s photoshopped. The sun melting down in the sea as Thaibel comments is interesting but shouldn?t it be reflected lights on the water also?

Noted also... :lol:

I have several photos like that one, and although you would expect to see the sun reflected in the sea, it is not in any of them. Maybe something to do with the curvature of the Earth, so I don't think that it has been altered in any way. BTW, it is not mine.