TF Photo Competition *August*

Hobbes

The topic for this months photo competition as chosen by last months winner morris61 is:

"Flowers"

Please send your entries by 20/08/2008 to photo.comp@ hotmail.co.uk (remember to remove the space between @ and hotmail if copy and pasting).

Please be sure to read the rules before entering the competition. The rules for the competition can be found here.

Make sure you include all the information required in your email.

You can send a photo you have already or go out and shoot something specific for this topic...it's up to you.

Please, just don't use any photos you have previously posted here because the entries in the voting thread will be anonymous.

Although it is a competition it is supposed to be sanook. Do not be shy entering just because we have some resident photographers that could well contribute to the National Geographic. If you enjoy photography join in whatever your equipment (I don't have a digital SLR either) or your level is.

We can all learn from the discussions we will have about the entries and hopefully improve our techniques and style.

We had a fantastic response last month with some outstanding pictures. Let's keep it up. :D

Feel free to give the thread an occasional bump to remind people.

Thanks and good luck to everybody....and now go out and get snapping!

8)

Just to add a little tidbit. Last months winner morris61 has kindly defered the offer of the 50 business cards printed with the winning picture.

This means it will be carried over and be offered to this months winner.

The cards will be printed at Moo and they can send them worldwide (at least that's what they say and I haven't tried it yet).

This is not going to be a regular prize...just a one off...oh, well maybe an occasional one, depending how this goes on. :)

If I win, I can choose ANYTHING as a topic right?

Yes, ANYTHING that would get approval by you 'Mod's' to display in our photo albums. :wink:

:twisted:

Well, you can rest assured it won't be anything like this namby-pamby, poofty-woofty, lardy-dardy sunsets, flowers, your world stuff.

I'm considering calling it "Nipples".

(Undecided. It's a work in progress.)

Not a bad subject really...have already some ideas forming in my head... :wink:

However, there is still the small matter of winning this months competition with a 'namby-pamby, poofty-woofty, lardy-dardy' flower picture first...

Yes, ANYTHING that would get approval by you 'Mod's' to display in our photo albums. :wink:

Well, you can rest assured it won't be anything like this namby-pamby, poofty-woofty, lardy-dardy sunsets, flowers, your world stuff.

However, there is still the small matter of winning this months competition with a 'namby-pamby, poofty-woofty, lardy-dardy' flower picture first...

Yeah, but he's already trying to influence the male TF members ( and maybe a few female ones), to vote for him with a suggestion like that. :-D

Yeah, but he's already trying to influence the male TF members ( and maybe a few female ones), to vote for him with a suggestion like that. :-D

But they don't know which one is his picture...unless he's using his secret Mod-powers to rig the votes a la Florida... :roll:

8)

I hope PiAnt won so my nipples will be shown on TF. I have been waiting for the right moment for years. :lol:

You have been living in Denmark for too long...those Vikings have obviously set free your kinky side!? :wink:

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa i hope u win :twisted:

:lol:

See!! He is perverting the course of true justice!! LOL

See!! He is perverting the course of true justice!! LOL

Yeah but...yeah...but...he hasn't even sent a picture in yet?! :shock:

:roll:

I'm not too hot on flowers, some ok photos but really not sure which to put forward!

Yeah, I know it is a bit of a girly subject. :wink:

Perhaps its time to think a bit outside the vase...fungi, flower-print Hawaii shirts (Afook won't be much of a help here though), graffiti...

Ok, Last-chance saloon for anybody that wants to join Augusts competition on 'Flowers'.

:D

the deadline (exactly) is?

Today were you are.

seeing as it's 4am here, that may require further clarification. for them that ain't slept yet we might think what you are calling today might actually be more like tomorrow to us.

Ok, Last-chance saloon for anybody that wants to join Augusts competition on 'Flowers'.

:D

the deadline (exactly) is?

Today were you are.

seeing as it's 4am here, that may require further clarification. for them that ain't slept yet we might think what you are calling today might actually be more like tomorrow to us.

As I said, today were you are which would be the 20/08 and which coincidently is the date mentioned in the OP. :wink:

I'm aware of the possibility of confusion to some people by not setting a date and a time zone as the dead line. But this isn't supposed to be a military operation. If I post the *Gallery & Voting* thread on the 21st I should have covered all time zones for the 20th from were I am.