• Harbingers of Summer
    • a touch of sun
    • flower box
    • Beauty revelation
    • Gib Seittit
    • COLLECTING POLLEN
    • Lonely......Lovely
    • untitled

I present you with August's TF Photo Competition entries and the strongest field yet on the topic of "Flowers" as chosen by last months winner morris61.

As you will see, these are all cracking entries making this one though competition to chose from. I had the benefit of looking at these pictures for quite a while already and I still can't decide which one is my favourite. I hope you find it as difficult a decision to make as I do. Nevertheless enjoy!

Entry 1

Thailands-Marvel.jpg

"Thailands-Marvel"

Entry 2

Vita.jpg

"Vita"

Entry 3

tasty-orchid.jpg

"Tasty Orchid"

Entry4

Flars.jpg

"Flars"

Entry 5

DSC_0131copy.jpg

"St. John's Wort"

Entry 6

Poses-Flower110808.jpg

"Self"

Entry 7

DSC_1003.jpg

"Bromeliad ( young birds in the nest)"

Entry 8

wedding.jpg

"A bridal bouquet, happily ever after"

Entry 9

DSC06134mod.jpg

"Harbingers of Summer"

Entry 10

augustcontest.jpg

"a touch of sun"

Entry 11

20080814_9999_144.jpg

"flower box"

Entry 12

orange4.jpg

"Beauty revelation"

Entry 13

exfordflower.jpg

"Gib Seittit"

Entry 14

BEE.jpg

"COLLECTING POLLEN"

Entry 15

20080813_9999_167_jaa.jpg

"Lonely......Lovely"

Entry 16

S7301910.jpg

"Untitled"

Over to you ladies and Gents...get voting, get discussing, get torn apart by the choices at hand. 8)

Vote will last 10 days this time.

Nicky will help me with the proceedings this month since I'm off for a holiday on Saturday. Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Since morris61 has chosen not to claim last month's additional prize means it will pass on to the winner of this month...

...who will get 50 Business cards with the winning picture on one side which I will get printed at Moo. 8)

Keep it civilised & constructive with the comments, please! :wink:

8)

there were again a lot of strong entries, and no really weak ones, but this time i didn't have to think it over--i voted for #13, Gib Seittit

it's a very striking composition, and the framing defies the normal flower picture approach of long-macro-lens-sharp-focus-flower-with-lots of bokeh (soft blurry background) around it. it's all right i missed the deadline as all my flower pics exactly follow that formula, whereas #13 is just different enough yet still very familiar.

well done to all, but especially #13.

my runner up is #14, it might have persuaded me if it was cropped more tightly and the flying bee were in better focus (as if focusing on a moving bee is soooooooo easy). i'd have also liked to have seen less clutter in the background.

all in all though i'm hoping beej wins as he said he'd make next month's topic tiitties.

Just to clarify: :wink:

I've found a couple of flower pics, I'm not that hot on flowers though.

If I win next months theme is going to be ''Titties''

Nope just titties, big, small, round, flappy, brown, white, I'm not fussy.

and

If I win, I can choose ANYTHING as a topic right?

Well, you can rest assured it won't be anything like this namby-pamby, poofty-woofty, lardy-dardy sunsets, flowers, your world stuff.

I'm considering calling it "Nipples".

(Undecided. It's a work in progress.)

Now for the morale-sapping, euphoria-crushing, sad part...one of these 2 gents hasn't entered the competition and the other has opted for a topic divergent from the ones above.....so, you lot can stop scanning in nipple and breast pictures right about now. :twisted:

8)

As I said in the initial post, I find the the quality of all entries this time pretty staggering. There are a few though that stand out for me though. These are entries 3, 6, 8 and 15.

The 3 close-ups are all perfectly executed, both in composition of the picture and in post processing. Nothing is overdone, the colours are just so vibrant and they just create such an atmosphere.

Now entry 8 on the other hand is a wicked little curve ball. :) A crisp and atmospheric composition with the velours seat giving it almost a black & white feeling making the bouquet the splash of colour in it. I keep coming back to this one and there is something about it which I cannot quite put my finger on (I bloody well hope my sub-conscience isn't trying to tell me I should get married again :shock: :shock: ).

Anyway, I only have one vote like everyone else, so entry 8 it is.

8)

Gotta admit there's a lot of *nice* looking flower pics up there, if you like that kind of thing.

We can only hope that this month's winner has the nads to choose a subject with a bit of meat on it, not the poofty-woofty, pansy-wansy subjects we've seen so far.

Soo soo everyone - I love you all!

Jub jub.

"Pics of flowers as I step out my door" really DOES seem a bit tired...

Gotta admit there's a lot of *nice* looking flower pics up there, if you like that kind of thing.

We can only hope that this month's winner has the nads to choose a subject with a bit of meat on it, not the poofty-woofty, pansy-wansy subjects we've seen so far.

Soo soo everyone - I love you all!

Jub jub.

when a manchester united supporter calls a subject pansy wansy you KNOW it's pansy wansy. 'flowers' does smack of isn't christiano-pretty-syndrome, though. was last month's winner a man u supporter?