up-coming films!!

stegee

Has anyone seen "Public Enemies" yet?

Saw it last night at 11:30pm after playing sport and worth seeing.

Longer than I expected and the digcam style film stock takes some getting used to. But well directed, good even character acting without over the top drama and a surprising lack of gratuitous violence. It seemed to lack something which I have not yet worked out but I suspect that it is the expectation of seeing a normal Hollywood stylishly violent flick that takes some getting used to.

Better viewed late at night. (I would suggest but not after sport as I did not shower and even my friends slowly moved away to others seats.....)

Khun Kong did a good review in the Post last Friday, check in the Real Time section.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WeLiveinPublic.png

Ten years in the making and culled from 5000 hours of footage, WE LIVE IN PUBLIC reveals the effect the web is having on our society, as seen through the eyes of “the greatest Internet pioneer you’ve never heard ofâ€, artist, futurist and visionary Josh Harris. Award-winning director Ondi Timoner (DIG! – which also won the Sundance Grand Jury Prize in 2004 – making Timoner the only director to win that prestigious award twice) documented his tumultuous life for more than a decade to create a riveting, cautionary tale of what to expect as the virtual world inevitably takes control of our lives.

Good film, virtual evolution of the internet, from nowhere to facebook.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
The Book Of Eli.

Downloaded and watched a cam version today, its well worth it.

Bit predictable but worth it.

downloaded a bluray copy. Good cinematic experience, however. i did not find it entertaining. I dislike any movie that insert and press on religious believe like that. the guy got shot in the chest and still kept walking across the country? come on. If you are not christian, i find it difficult to actually enjoy this film.

just an opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...