• Bubbles in the sky
    • The Autumn Sky
    • Twisted
    • Fluffy Fleece
    • Connection made
    • Going home
    • Cold
    • BKK Blue Sky

I present you with Octobers's TF Photo Competition entries and participation, I'm glad to say, is back to previous levels on this months topic of "In the Sky" as chosen by last months winner clemenf.

As you will see, there are some spiffing entries again making this without doubt one though competition to chose from. Nevertheless enjoy!

Entry 1

IMG_3162.jpg

"Hovering at 150 metres"

Entry 2

GuillionesBeachCostaRica.jpg

"Evening at Guilliones Beach, Costa Rica"

Entry 3

CIMG0624.jpg

"Thomson"

Entry4

UnderUptown.jpg

"Under Uptown"

Entry 5

rtghet.jpg

"Top of the world"

Entry 6

UpUpandAway.jpg

"Up Up and Away"

Entry 7

Latticed.jpg

"Latticed"

Entry 8

Bo-109.jpg

"Bubbles in the sky"

Entry 9

au22.jpg

"The Autumn Sky"

Entry 10

twister.jpg

"Twisted"

Entry 11

C06.jpg

"Fluffy Fleece"

Entry 12

lightingsk.jpg

"Connection made"

Entry 13

Goinghome.jpg

"Going home"

Entry 14

Cold.jpg

"Cold"

Entry 15

rahnGH853244-02.jpg

"BKK Blue Sky"

Over to you ladies and Gents...get voting, get discussing, get torn apart by the choices at hand. 8)

Vote will last 7 days!

Remember admin donates one of Ghee's TF t-shirts as a prize for the winner of this month.

Keep it civilised & constructive with the comments as usual, please! :wink:

8)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always knew this would be a difficult theme and it shows. With many of the pics the sky is secondary or background. In 1 or 2 you hardly even notice sky!!

Some overly blatant photoshopping going on too..

But, criticisms aside, there ARE some magnificent shots...

Entry 5 (top of the world)

Entry 6 (up, up and away)

Entry 13 (going home)

are MY particular favourites but wont say which got vote...

i don't know whose 'twisted' photo is... but that shouldn't ever be allowed in this competition.... rediculous.

I was gonna enter but too late from the look of things :cry:

Oh come on OoO...Thats a bit harsh. Be a little more kinder. At least the poster sent a photo in.

The subject for this month is "in the sky", and it is showing the sky.

Also, constructive criticism is asked for.

I didn't send one myself this month, and am now to-ing and fro-ing, trying to decide my favorite. :)

i don't know whose 'twisted' photo is... but that shouldn't ever be allowed in this competition.... rediculous.

Oh come on OoO...Thats a bit harsh. Be a little more kinder. At least the poster sent a photo in.

The subject for this month is "in the sky", and it is showing the sky.

Also, constructive criticism is asked for.

I didn't send one myself this month, and am now to-ing and fro-ing, trying to decide my favorite. :)

while i don't agree with spam's um.. bluntness there.... and don't agree with the concept of preemptively disqualifying photos that aren't plagiarized...

i have to agree that "spot the photoshop filter" is a pretty lame approach to image making.

otherwise there are some pretty strong images again.

Quiet in the cheap seats...and it's ridiculous...so we say in South Auckland......no crying...just enter.....

sorry, i forgot to do google spell check. it's only my second language and im just a common middle-class third world citizen, ok?

Quiet in the cheap seats...and it's ridiculous...so we say in South Auckland......no crying...just enter.....

sorry, i forgot to do google spell check. it's only my second language and im just a common middle-class third world citizen, ok?

No such words as "was gonna enter"...just enter...Baby baby...oui...help me,,,,,

No such words as "was gonna enter"...just enter...Baby baby...oui...help me,,,,,

new english teacher in town are we? Are you the owner of 'twisted'? Sorry if i twisted a nerve.

''i was 'enter' but too late.'' ..... ? sounds kind of odd, teacher. :roll:

Just to repeat from previous months yes, Photoshop (or equivalents) are allowed. If you don't like the use of it you don't have to vote for the picture.

Also, I would prefer to keep criticism civil and constructive. Most of the people who entered are amateurs and hobby photographers. Rather than just calling it ridiculous, it would have been nicer to point out why an effect or filter doesn't work on that motive or giving some pointers of how to do a better job of it. I know this would require far more input and thought into one's answer but I'm sure the participant who's picture it is would appreciate it.

Just to repeat from previous months yes, Photoshop (or equivalents) are allowed. If you don't like the use of it you don't have to vote for the picture.

Also, I would prefer to keep criticism civil and constructive. Most of the people who entered are amateurs and hobby photographers. Rather than just calling it ridiculous, it would have been nicer to point out why an effect or filter doesn't work on that motive or giving some pointers of how to do a better job of it. I know this would require far more input and thought into one's answer but I'm sure the participant who's picture it is would appreciate it.

Frankly, i was being fairly constructive. The photoshop wouldn't even be worth entering a photoshop competition. I have a very big passion on photography and that blue twirl is NOT photography.

Seeing as you can point out which ones you particularly like... why can't you point out which ones you particularly DON'T like? What progress would that cause for the photographer if everyone just sit there and applause on things that are not worth it?

I was going to mention the couple of photos that i liked... But thought since i just made a negative comment that a few might hate, i didn't want to jinx the owners of the photography that i liked and make everyone else not want to vote on them.

I didn't think pointing out to what the viewer finds unacceptable would cause such a stir since there's no list of names of who submitted what. If you are a real artist you should take the criticism and use that to develop your skill. If you can't take **** but rather take bullshit then you won't be getting anywhere too far too soon.

Lucky there's no mention of WHO did what.... otherwise this would have just been interpreted as another personal attack :roll: