• Bubbles in the sky
    • The Autumn Sky
    • Twisted
    • Fluffy Fleece
    • Connection made
    • Going home
    • Cold
    • BKK Blue Sky

I would be in favor of there being a restriction on photoshopping.

Images could be ENHANCED by using filters/contrasts/curves/brightness and so on.

But I don't agree on photos being MODIFIED, cut and pastes/warping/distortion and so on, in my tiny mind that changes an image from being a photo to being a work of art.

Its just a suggestion for the future competitions, I'd also like to suggest the banning of vote whoring and rigging the competition for the future.

Its a mice monthly competition, and I'd hate to see it become messy.

that would require people to submit RAW files so that someone could verify the amount of modification to the original file.. since should be more a friendly based matter and not a matter of life and death (i mean winning or..non winning) and not too many people own cameras able to shoot in that format..back to common sense i hope..

I would like to give a nice hairstraight to that twirl

yeah.. bring it back to his original face and lets see how its looks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Images could be ENHANCED by using filters/contrasts/curves/brightness and so on.

But I don't agree on photos being MODIFIED, cut and pastes/warping/distortion and so on, in my tiny mind that changes an image from being a photo to being a work of art.

Its just a suggestion for the future competitions, I'd also like to suggest the banning of vote whoring and rigging the competition for the future.

that would require people to submit RAW files so that someone could verify the amount of modification to the original file.. since should be more a friendly based matter and not a matter of life and death (i mean winning or..non winning) and not too many people own cameras able to shoot in that format..back to common sense i hope..

Not really, its pretty obvious if somethings been manipulated rather than enhanced.

It looks like this:

I used some special software acquired from the CIA and Interpol to unswirl that photoshopped cloud pic and my worst fears were realized.... I saw the face of a Canadian pedophile... really inappropriate for this contest.

Not really, its pretty obvious if somethings been manipulated rather than enhanced.

mhh yep agree.. and anyhow i dont believe that playing with levels will ever transform any crappy pic in a piece of art. (sorry to kill any false hopes) :lol:

It looks like this:

I used some special software acquired from the CIA and Interpol to unswirl that photoshopped cloud pic and my worst fears were realized.... I saw the face of a Canadian pedophile... really inappropriate for this contest.

ahaha unidentified flying pedophile??

i cant wait to know the result bcz really curious to know who is the owner of some of errrrr..... those entry....

Same here, I think I know a few of the entries, and I think mine is pretty obvious.

Twisted?

Ouch! :shock:

Isn't beej already punished enough with loosing his election wager...what was it again...changing his nick to 'I'm McCains bi**h' or something?

:twisted:

i cant wait to know the result bcz really curious to know who is the owner of some of errrrr..... those entry....

Same here, I think I know a few of the entries, and I think mine is pretty obvious.

Twisted?

Isn't beej already punished enough with loosing his election wager...what was it again...changing his nick to 'I'm McCains bi**h' or something?

Nope, thats if I loose the Fantasy Football, happily I know more about that than the US voters.

Twisted?

Nope, thats if I loose the Fantasy Football, happily I know more about that than the US voters.

love the new profile pic btw.

i knwo what you'll be next halloween. and spam can be Palin.

I'm a bit upset that BKKblue sky is not winning :cry:

well why not send some pm's encouraging people to vote for it??

Oh, wait, that's already been done...

Personally I think 'Twisted' is well thought out and extremely professional looking. Dont know what that 'Out of Order' girl was talking about... :wink:

I can't wait to see the result of this month. It's gonna be interesting if BKKbluesky won I would like to interview the photographer. :lol:

Back to the picture I like, more I look at "Top of the world" picture, more I like it. It's artistic and it's got 10 votes so far. I think I will send out some PM and asking for some votes for "Top of the world".

Don't you got whoring as well! :wink:

Personally I think 'Twisted' is well thought out and extremely professional looking. Dont know what that 'Out of Order' girl was talking about... :wink:

Nonsense :x! If it was well thought out, it would look like this:

SNC11524.jpg

I have just wet my pants literally for the first time since I was about 4!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

why didnt you enter this Spam???? It has the sky and photoshopping is allowed and with a bit of vote whoring, who knows, you might have won!!!

Nonsense :x! If it was well thought out, it would look like this:

I have just wet my pants literally for the first time since I was about 4!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

why didnt you enter this Spam???? It has the sky and photoshopping is allowed and with a bit of vote whoring, who knows, you might have won!!!

Ditto hehe very much ditto, gonna be smiling all night now and possibly doing a crash course in Photoshop when I roll in pished..

The winner of October's TF Photo Competition on the topic of "In the Sky" is: "Going home" by clemenf again. You are making a habit out of winning this...two in a row and three times altogether. ;-)

Many Congratulations & and Admin ought to have a TF t-shirt for you if I'm not mistaken!

The topic for November's Photo Competition as chosen by clemenf is:

"On the street". 8)

A seperate topic regarding November's competition will be posted shortly.

The snappers behind October's entries were:

"Hovering at 150 metres" - 2unique

"Evening at Guilliones Beach, Costa Rica" - Coolpapa

"Thomson" - Alvish

"Under Uptown" - Genius

"Top of the world" - beej

"Up Up and Away" - I_am_George

"Latticed" - Hobbes

"Bubbles in the sky" - dundee-thailand

"The Autumn Sky" - Pandorea

"Twisted" - WHISKERS

"Fluffy Fleece" - breakofdawning

"Connection made" - Poses

"Going home" - clemenf

"Cold" - POSH

"BKK Blue Sky" - sinenat

Many Thanks to all those that participated in the competition as well as to those that voted for their favourite picture and I hope to see you all again participating for this month.

I would like to urge those that asked friends to vote for their picture to refrain from doing so in the future. It is very frustrating to those participating and I find it frankly insulting. There are no big prizes to be won and no status to be gained by winning this.

I made the album on Photobucket now public and it can be found here.

Looking forward to all your nice street pictures now.

8)