intrenet Hotel Prices !? are they uptodate

Aces_up

Question

I was trying to find out how much hotel prices are. I've been looking on the net for hotels around Bangkok and the Sukhumvit area but many do not show the price of the room or do not show an up to date price listing.

So I thought that with so many lovely people on here we could make a list of hotels prices, star ratings and your views (what your getting for your money).

Thanks, AU

6 answers to this question

I had a great experience with asiarooms.com earlier on this year.

I booked into what was supposed to be a luxury services apartment in Manila for 3 weeks. Upon arrival, the room stank, it was dirty, the pool was still being built, the restaurant was closed for refurb etc etc etc.

I called Asia Rooms, they had me booked into a new hotel within the hour.

The second was TRUELY lovely, and a lot more expensive than the first, but they didn't charge me a penny extra.

Great service. I wuld never book direct with a hotel again.

I had a great experience with asiarooms.com earlier on this year.

I booked into what was supposed to be a luxury services apartment in Manila for 3 weeks. Upon arrival, the room stank, it was dirty, the pool was still being built, the restaurant was closed for refurb etc etc etc.

I called Asia Rooms, they had me booked into a new hotel within the hour.

The second was TRUELY lovely, and a lot more expensive than the first, but they didn't charge me a penny extra.

Great service. I wuld never book direct with a hotel again.

I have used Asiarooms several times before, and always found them to be good. Agoda also, but a lot of hotels do say that if you can find a better price than that posted on their website, they will refund the difference.

The thing is, with this credit crunch and the drop in tourist numbers, there might be a chance to negotiate if you telephone, or just walk in.

In Thailand there are wholesalers who purchase with such bulk and weight that they can negotiate discounted rates. These wholesalers then fill rooms through their tour operators and certain websites. Google for discount hotel rooms in Bangkok and in the first 30 results you will get most of the big online shops.

These are always the cheapest rates available at a given hotel. You might find a couple $ difference between 2 sites but if you walk into a hotel you can guarantee you will see a higher rate.

Book online for the first couple nights. Then when here look around for something better, cheaper, whatever. If you dont find anything go online again and book more nights.

Personally, I like Agoda and Asiarooms, but I have booked with all of them over the years and have always had a good experience. But I am never looking for anything under $40, usually more like $75 or up. If you are looking for under $25 you wont find it on a website. Go to KSR or Banglampoo or look around when here