TF Photo Competition *November*

Hobbes

The topic for this months photo competition as chosen by last months winner clemenf is:

"On the street"

Please send your entries by 28/11/2008 to photo.comp@ hotmail.co.uk (remember to remove the space between @ and hotmail if copy and pasting).

Please be sure to read the rules before entering the competition. The rules for the competition can be found here.

Make sure you include all the information required in your email.

You can send a photo you have already or go out and shoot something specific for this topic...it's up to you.

Please, just don't use any photos you have previously posted here because the entries in the voting thread will be anonymous.

Although it is a competition it is supposed to be sanook. Do not be shy entering just because we have some resident photographers that could well contribute to the National Geographic. If you enjoy photography join in whatever your equipment (I don't have a digital SLR either...yet) or your level is.

We can all learn from the discussions we will have about the entries and hopefully improve our techniques and style.

We had some really good pictures so far and a Swede who's on a roll winning this competition. ;) So, let's keep it up. :D

Feel free to give the thread an occasional bump to remind people.

Thanks and good luck to everybody....and now go out there and get snapping!

8)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic.

I was browsing a camera magazine today, thinking of what to buy myself for Christmas, when I saw an advert for a new lens from Leica.

The worlds fastest lens, the Leica Noctilux 50mm f/0.95.

11,000 dollars

8,000 Euros

6,290 Pounds.

Enough for me to buy three Nikon D3's or 30 odd Canon Ixus cameras.

Someone's object of desire, but that is a whole new forum.

:shock:

Slightly off topic.

I was browsing a camera magazine today, thinking of what to buy myself for Christmas, when I saw an advert for a new lens from Leica.

11,000 dollars

8,000 Euros

6,290 Pounds.

or around 12 return flights to Thailand and a wee crappy digital!! :lol:

Slightly off topic.

11,000 dollars

8,000 Euros

6,290 Pounds.

or around 12 return flights to Thailand and a wee crappy digital!! :lol:

Yes Iain, hence the 30 odd Canon Ixus's. Although I wouldn't call them crap.

I think mine, the 870is, is a great little pocket camera.

beej has a Leica. He sure would appreciate it if you gave him the lens for Christmas. :wink:

I just wish I could justify buying a decent digital SLR in the moment...it is darn tempting though.

8)

Yeah, this credit crunch is kicking everyone in the b****ks. I had my eye on a Nikon D700, but my trip to Thailand in Feb/March comes first.

Although,the way the tourist numbers are dropping, I'm sure that I will get a good deal on hotels etc.

beej has a Leica. He sure would appreciate it if you gave him the lens for Christmas. :wink:

I just wish I could justify buying a decent digital SLR in the moment...it is darn tempting though.

8)

Yeah, this credit crunch is kicking everyone in the b****ks. I had my eye on a Nikon D700, but my trip to Thailand in Feb/March comes first.

Although,the way the tourist numbers are dropping, I'm sure that I will get a good deal on hotels etc.

I'd love a D700 as well but as things are in the moment I would settle for a D90.

:)

Slightly off topic.

11,000 dollars

8,000 Euros

6,290 Pounds.

I have a Noctilux f1.0 lens, but its really tricky to use, but takes in so much light its mind blowing.

Going to sell a couple of lens and just keep one 50mm its all I need.

I'm still shocked at just how good the D300 is, would the D700 be that much better? Hell I didn't know it even existed!

Chunky old pieces of kit though, I couldn't imaging how heavy it would be with a 70-210 standard zoom lens or something.

Someone said D700 can?t beat Canon 5D and another someone said ?I am not very happy with the D700 or impressed? http://www.nikond700.com/nikon-d700-review/compared-nikon-d700-vs-canon-5d/

I tried D700 once at Nikon Expo in last spring. I like it but maybe just because it?s new and it sounds more sophisticated.

Must refer to the hub again, he said ?D700 doesn?t make you a professional photographer, it makes you the owner? (kind of make sense.)

Canon 5D II is on the way now :P that sure a beast.... it seem have great videofunction too :P

If only had moremoreee money :roll:

I'm still shocked at just how good the D300 is, would the D700 be that much better? Hell I didn't know it even existed!

Chunky old pieces of kit though, I couldn't imaging how heavy it would be with a 70-210 standard zoom lens or something.

Someone said D700 can?t beat Canon 5D and another someone said ?I am not very happy with the D700 or impressed? http://www.nikond700.com/nikon-d700-review/compared-nikon-d700-vs-canon-5d/

I tried D700 once at Nikon Expo in last spring. I like it but maybe just because it?s new and it sounds more sophisticated.

Must refer to the hub again, he said ?D700 doesn?t make you a professional photographer, it makes you the owner? (kind of make sense.)

The selling point for the D700, is the full frame sensor.

There is always the new D90, which also sports a video function. I just wonder how good that is, filming video through a high quality SLR lens.