TF Photo Competition *November*

Hobbes

I'm looking at this http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

and comparing pictures between D700 and 5D. Seems like the 5D picture has better quality.

Yes, but it is also over 600 pounds more expensive. Plus all my lenses are Nikon.

No doubt Nikon will soon be bringing out a successor to the D3.

Still, as your hubby says, it is the photographer, not the camera that takes the picture.

That still doesn't mean that I can't treat myself for Christmas.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D90 is a little bit cheaper than D300 (price in Denmark) but I don?t know about its quality. I?m thinking of buying a new lens for my D300, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED. I envy people in USA. They can buy cheaper stuffs than people in Denmark.

Have a red of this guy's website. I find it quite interesting;

www.kenrockwell.com.

also his views on the D90 are here:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d90.htm

Don't worry, I will, but the camera whichever one I get, will be my Christmas present to myself, so no photos until Christmas time. :)

I can wait, no problemo. :D

Just finished reading "how to make great photograps" http://www.kenrockwell.com./tech/howto.htm

It makes me realize apart from my poor techique, I don't have enough passion. Must work on it!!! :D

I like his gallery. He always seems to find such bright colours.

Don't worry, I will, but the camera whichever one I get, will be my Christmas present to myself, so no photos until Christmas time. :)

I can wait, no problemo. :D

Just finished reading "how to make great photograps" http://www.kenrockwell.com./tech/howto.htm

It makes me realize apart from my poor techique, I don't have enough passion. Must work on it!!! :D

I like his gallery. He always seems to find such bright colours.

Yes, agree.

Perhaps you like to see some of mine also... :lol: (not as good as kenrockwell, sorry)

http://nickystenholm.typepad.com/photos/flowers/index.html

Thank you. Yes I enjoyed them. I particularly like the daisy "heart6". It seems like you live in the countryside. much more flower opportunities than me. :-)

I tried taking lots of photos at the flower show in Chiang Mai when I was there last March. Unfortunately most were no good. Apart from my Bromeliads which I entered in the photo comp before, but they look good for anyone.

I have recently bought a Nikon 105mm f/2.8G lens, which is great for close ups, but I haven't yet had the time to use it. Plus it weighs a ton!

I'm sorry but a D300 is all singing all dancing in my humble eyes, if you can't take something with one of those then your in trouble, the advances of the D700 are only very slight.

For the best part I used an old Nikon FM2 for travel and F5 for Fashion before moving to the Leica, film is sill king but only by a whisker.

I do own a D70 for web shots and kicking around (had to keep all of the old Nikon lens and they all fit on a digital body), the D70 is great for fun.

Dear Digital Camera Revolution People.

When taking photos on RAW with a Nikon D300 they look beautiful, smooth and detailed on the cameras LCD but when loaded onto the computer they become over contrasted and dark, loosing all of their detail.

I've used:

Photoshop CS3 with Camera RAW 4.4.1

LightRoom 1.4.1

Both gave **** results, and I know what the image should look like, and can see it on the LCD but it just falls apart when moved.

Any help or advise?

ahhhhhhhh maybe this is why I've been loosing every week, your all viewing my photos on a PC :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

glad you don't win.... cause then you would get to chose the next months topic, not sure "tomato sauce and ladyboys' would be popular :shock:

I know I'd have some stiff opposition from at least one other TF member on this subject though!!!

ahhhhhhhh maybe this is why I've been loosing every week, your all viewing my photos on a PC :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

glad you don't win.... cause then you would get to chose the next months topic, not sure "tomato sauce and ladyboys' would be popular :shock:

...but it sure would stir a bit of spice into the mix...

:twisted:

I have the same problem, beej. (but I don't take Raw pic so often) I also use lightroom. I agree with Si66bkk, it might be a monitor problem. I use "Spyder 2pro" to adjust colour of my monitor. I think it helps abit.

Is spyder pro something i can get from panthip?

The last time i worked on my webpage on the laptop and then opened the webpage to view on the Mac... The picture of the green wall was blue on the Mac :shock: So i tuned the laptop and the mac to make sure the colours are as close as they could be.

But then a new problem arrived this morning:

My laptop (window vista) can't view NEF files. So i downloaded a program called ''ViewNX'' that came with the Nikon d300....It's a lovely program and the photos look great being viewed through the ViewNX - BUT - the colours are totally different (much more yellowy) from Mac and the laptop's default preview itself .

any help? :roll:

D90 is a little bit cheaper than D300 (price in Denmark) but I don?t know about its quality. I?m thinking of buying a new lens for my D300, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED. I envy people in USA. They can buy cheaper stuffs than people in Denmark.
I can get them for you only if you would come hang down to Florence to pick them up :)

I can get them for you only if you would come hang down to Florence to pick them up :)

What a pity!!!I don't have any travelling plan from now til March next year. (but guess what I have plan for Orange County in September..and you're in NY. :evil: )

*** Hang out in Florence ... Sorry was doing too many things at once ...

Orange County, Cali? It's only 5 hours away!!!!