• 8) What Volcano?
    • 9) Katmandu Spices
    • 10) Water Music
    • 11) A World Heritage Explorer
    • 12) Observer of Life
    • 13) Heat on the Street
    • 14) Alone in the dark....waiting
    • 15) Street Parade

Have a lot of respect for Beej... we don?t have many professional photographers / artists putting in their photos for this comp / public vote (from what I?ve seen there are a lot of pros on TF)... It seems a bit pretentious to not?? Either they don?t want to lose to amateurs or they?re scared to compete..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a lot of respect for Beej... we don?t have many professional photographers / artists putting in their photos for this comp / public vote (from what I?ve seen there are a lot of pros on TF)... It seems a bit pretentious to not?? Either they don?t want to lose to amateurs or they?re scared to compete..

i'd obviously have more respect if he wasn't consistently beaten by said amateurs... :twisted:

That's why i have the respect.. he's been 2/3rd best from the start (with amazing photos) but 5 months in he still puts them in... haven't seen other "professional photographers" put theirs in for the TF voite...

i'd obviously have more respect if he wasn't consistently beaten by said amateurs... :twisted:

That's why i have the respect.. he's been 2/3rd best from the start (with amazing photos) but 5 months in he still puts them in... haven't seen other "professional photographers" put theirs in for the TF voite...

What the fucks voite mean?? Geezus I was stinking drunk last night and can't remember this... 12.19pm Thai time that makes it 05.19am here... that's some of the blanks filled in at least :oops: Now to check the other forums....

Another grand competition with a thrilling four-some going neck by neck has come to an end.

The winner of November's TF Photo Competition on the topic of "On the street" is: "Heat on the Street" by kitschiguy.

Many Congratulations! :D

The topic for Decembers's Photo Competition as chosen by kitschiguy is:

"In Your Face". 8)

A seperate topic regarding Decembers's competition will be posted shortly.

The snappers behind November's entries were:

"Thai Racing Style" - dundee_thailand

"Urban Insomnia" - Treborz

"With Bells On" - 2unique

"Christmas duck" - Pandorea

"Morning Trek" - WHISKERS

"Time" - Deester

"Planet Earth" - Hobbes

"What Volcano?" - Alvish

"Katmandu Spices" - Beej

"Water Music" - OutOfOrder

"A World Heritage Explorer" - Cherryberry

"Observer of Life" - Iain_D

"Heat on the Street" - kitschiguy

"Alone in the dark....waiting" - clemenf

"Street Parade" - Pink_Lemonade

Many Thanks to all those that participated in the competition as well as to those that voted for their favourite picture, it was a pretty close race this month.

I made the album on Photobucket now public and it can be found here.

Looking forward to all your nice 'In Your Face' pictures now.

And before any of the usual suspects would like to explore some of possible connotations of the topic and what it may inspire them to...just don't. :roll: :wink:

8)

One of the most exciting part for me is actually when you're telling the name of the person who own the picture.

At the beginning I wasn't sure if I should vote for the Heat one or the Water one. Then I got the impression of Bangkok street from the Heat one. Still think the Water one looks nice thou.

Good job, all of you! ;)

oh, and i also liked the Observer of Life a fair lot .

ty!!! only a shi**y little point and shoot too, admit to playing with levels on photoshop to get decent b/w image but just could not get rid of background noise.

have suggested an slr/p+s shoot split, but Jens is leaving it for debate...

Personally I think this month was one of best standards; I was chuffed with my pic then I saw others and went 'oh crap'.

well done everyone...

:)

If you was an accountant would you like to do that in your spare time also?

:oops: :oops: Apologies.. after a few beers, whiskeys and wines I enjoy being a tosser... :oops: :oops:

I went for 8 due to the overall duality of composition balancing the shot quite well. Nature and humans, movement and stillness, proximity and distance.

I also went for it as I think it was taken in Penelokan north- east Bali?

Still amazed at this... yes it is North East Bali on the road down from Batur Temple..

Was taken with my 3.2mp brick (Sony DSCP52 Cyber-shot 3.2MP) :P

51J4EPHAK7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If you was an accountant would you like to do that in your spare time also?

:lol:

Well done to everyone who entered their work - great stuff and lots of fun. Good to see the criticism remained constructive throughout the voting.

I liked 'Water Music' (including the title) and 'Alone in the Dark..' with nods to 'Observer of Life' and 'Time' and 'Christmas Duck' had the authors name all over it - distinctive style. All the entries are worthy of praise so well done.

Glad people liked the photo. Thanks for kind words. Thankyou also to Hobbes for running the competition.