I was wondering

drlovelife8

With all the recent religious hate on the site seeming, IMO, to mirror the state of world address with religion recently.

When did this occur in recent times.

I think back 10 years and ( although I understand religion has always been abused in this way ) I don't recall such a high number of murders in the name of God.

When did this happen?

Did 9/11 spark it? Was it bubbling away waiting for a spark?

Incidents seem to have increased. WHY?

and, yes, I know that is gonna piss of the Islam-o-pologists. :wink:

it pisses me off because it's f**king bollocks !!!!

what about the israeli terrorism before a state of israel was agreed ??

then again .... how do we define what is terrorism ??

not forgetting Mandela was instrumental in establishing the armed wing of the ANC !!!!

sorry it's gotta be short .... still at work ... but u r a bigotted hate filled **** !!!!

In Palestine/Israel there was terror on both sides well before 1948. But it was generally not directed against outsiders - like seizing an airliner so the world will know.

Terror, killing or war in the name of God and religion is as old as mankind. Not a post 9/11 phenomenon. Although it ebbs and flows in intensity.

Ever hear of the Crusades?

The recent events in India got a lot of attention but I thought it was mild compared to a lot of violence I have heard of in India which got little attention. Hindus and Muslim riots usually have hundreds hacked with machetes or something gruesome.

But the some americans were killed and the Media is hot for terror. Its not anything new in the course of the world just a new spin in the Media. I think people are slowly becoming more aware and excepting but over all Peace will take time and with populations growing more challenges to come.

I think what happened in Mumbai was clearly being labeled terror by everyone, not just the media, before it was apparent that one of the things the attackers did was single out Americans and Brits.

It's not just that Americans and Brits were targeted that made the media focus on it, as opposed to focusing a lot less on killings in places such as Gujarat (sp?).

The attack took place in the heart of the Indian financial and tourism district - in the center.

Not that dissimilar from the difference in levels of coverage that the regular violence in the deep south of Thailand gets compared to the New Year's bombings in Bangkok. Very few foreigners were affected by that, but the media coverage was greater - because it is in the capital, the seat of power.

and, yes, I know that is gonna piss of the Islam-o-pologists. :wink:

it pisses me off because it's f**king bollocks !!!!

what about the israeli terrorism before a state of israel was agreed ??

then again .... how do we define what is terrorism ??

not forgetting Mandela was instrumental in establishing the armed wing of the ANC !!!!

sorry it's gotta be short .... still at work ... but u r a bigotted hate filled **** !!!!

Ciaran, why is it such boll*cks???

If you look back to the end of the 60's/early 70's, this was the point that the emerging Islamic terror groups started getting training and support from Western terror groups. The 70's especially saw exchanges of training and equipment from groups such as IRA, Baader Meinhof etc

(and of course a lot of equipment coming from USSR who saw any means of undermining West as justified)

We could debate the semantics of what is a terrorist all day.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...ANC, IRA, PLO etc etc

While I would not agree with Jaya that 67 was the root of Islamic extremism (I think those roots were sown in the Crusade) it was certainly the catalyst for an escalation and the beginning of a new era, much as Bloody Sunday changed the situation in Northern Ireland in 1972.

Nothern Ireland is a great example of this whole subject; supposedly about religion, and certainly the injustices perpetrated were originally based on differences in religion, yet by the end of the 'troubles' it was more about organised crime and territory than any disagreements over God.

1. Ciaran, why is it such boll*cks???

2. While I would not agree with Jaya that 67 was the root of Islamic extremism....

1. Because he has absolutely no knowledge of the situation or area or the conflict other than what he's been fed by peacenik muppets.

2. Iain, I did not say that.

Ooops my bad!!! Consider my self served with minor fatwa having reread op and agree that indeed you did not say 'roots' but as 'modern phenomenon'

(Oh sheeit now I'm a jaya apologist - just don't have the time for that what with defending the bloody leprechauns and appeasing the pixies)

:lol:

2. While I would not agree with Jaya that 67 was the root of Islamic extremism....

1. Because he has absolutely no knowledge of the situation or area or the conflict other than what he's been fed by peacenik muppets.

Ooops my bad!!! Consider my self served with minor fatwa having reread op and agree that indeed you did not say 'roots' but as 'modern phenomenon'

(Oh sheeit now I'm a jaya apologist - just don't have the time for that what with defending the bloody leprechauns and appeasing the pixies)

Please don't feed the monkey, its boring reading his anti Arab at every turn bullshit. I don't think they make Tar brushes big enough for him.

Stick to the leps and pixies. They've got gold and magic. I just have a few dollars.

Unfortunately one of the ruling Leprechauns who moved to the US in the first wave of Irish immigration squandered around 95% of their gold reserves on playing the stock market. Some idiot advised him that Enron was a safe bet and he put everything in their stock.

This has meant a massive deflation in the Leprechaun community, with many families having to pose for tourist photographs to make ends meet.

And as for the pixies; you just keep appeasing them in case their evil plans ever come to fruition...

:D

Please don't feed the monkey, its boring reading his anti Arab at every turn bullshit. I don't think they make Tar brushes big enough for him.

and why not?? After all, I throw you a banana or two now and again... :lol:

I would have thought that trying (or succeeding) in killing or attacking someone else because he or she doesn't believe in the same imaginary freind as you, would really be complately unacceptable in an intelligent community.

Read "God Is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens..."Why Religion Poisons Everything" - and then look at all the simple peasants and natives who can't explain the world around them so they turn to books written hundreds of years ago based on word of mouth stories handed down for stll more hundreds of years from native sheep and goat herds to whom a match would have been magical - and then tell me that religion can in any way be taken seriously - never mnd the screw-loose crowd who want to go around killing in the name of some weirdo they like to call "God".

Good fodder for jokes...but that's about all...

I would have thought that trying (or succeeding) in killing or attacking someone else because he or she doesn't believe in the same imaginary freind as you, would really be complately unacceptable in an intelligent community.

Read "God Is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens..."Why Religion Poisons Everything" - and then look at all the simple peasants and natives who can't explain the world around them so they turn to books written hundreds of years ago based on word of mouth stories handed down for stll more hundreds of years from native sheep and goat herds to whom a match would have been magical - and then tell me that religion can in any way be taken seriously - never mnd the screw-loose crowd who want to go around killing in the name of some weirdo they like to call "God".

Actually you don't even have to look at just the "peasants and natives". You can also look at the modern conservative christians running the US!! :shock:

Hold on. Am I anti-Arab or anti-Muslim or anti-Islam. I'm confused now. Keep me in line xanex boy beejoir.

All 3 by the sounds of your sobbings.

I think anyone who defends the three as do you should be made to live as a female in a traditional Arab-Islamic setting for 5 years. For example, you should be forced to live in Saudi Arabia as a lower class Arab Islamic woman or in Jordan. Even better as a Bedouin in the Sinai or "middle class" in Cairo.

Then we'd see how much you apologize for their oh so holy ways and culture. I'm sure you'd absolutely love it.

Well since you seem to be of a mind to go off topic JayHeretic (even though you claim you're not), let me point out something.

It is one thing to personally disaprove the behavior of radical islamist. I can live with that.

It is another, to self-righteously appoint yourself savior of the planet and to go destroy every country (regime) that you don't approve of (for arbitrary reasons) on the planet. Afghanistan and Irak are failures. Attacked for the wrong reasons both of these countries are in worst shape now than they were before. The new American government now recognizes it, why can't you?

It is another, to self-righteously appoint yourself savior of the planet and to go destroy every country (regime) that you don't approve of (for arbitrary reasons) on the planet. Afghanistan and Irak are failures. Attacked for the wrong reasons both of these countries are in worst shape now than they were before. The new American government now recognizes it, why can't you?

JayaVII is Flash Gordon ??? OMB :P

Actually you don't even have to look at just the "peasants and natives". You can also look at the modern conservative christians running the US!! :shock:

Modern by American standards OR by World standards.

There is a difference, a huge difference, :lol:

JayaVII is Flash Gordon ??? OMB :P

In his head, most definitely (actually that might be at the root of his problem) ... :lol:

[

Well since you seem to be of a mind to go off topic JayHeretic (even though you claim you're not), let me point out something.

I have neither confirmed nor denied being anyone. I've denied being nothing that I can recall. I've not denied that I'm Barack Obama or Bill Clinton either.

Other than that, I could care less about your pitiful canadian opinions.

You and Ratatouie boy can go join the french surrender monkeys. Drink some wine, eat some cheese and STFU.

Now, now, what I have told you about taking it out on the French?? Remember 2 things; 1) Without the French you would still be a colony and 2) Without the French there is a damn good chance that most of your country would be muslim!!!

Now play nicely and shake hands with the nice Frenchmen ... :wink:

Number 2 - well to be exact I suppose I should say Frankish and Burgundian as France as such didn't exist then, but it was their armies who finally turned back the Muslim armies' progression through Europe in the 8th Century.

While certainly not the final battle, it was amajor turning point without which much of Europe would have been Muslim. And thus by extrapolation forwards along the timeline, it would have been Muslim explorers who discovered and colonised the New World...

(and Beejoir might have been your own personal mullah!! :lol: )

[

I have neither confirmed nor denied being anyone. I've denied being nothing that I can recall. I've not denied that I'm Barack Obama or Bill Clinton either.

Other than that, I could care less about your pitiful canadian opinions.

You and Ratatouie boy can go join the french surrender monkeys. Drink some wine, eat some cheese and STFU.

blah blah blah You'll note that I'm not the one who seems irrational here. That would be the guy who resorts to name calling because he has no other vocab.

Then cite examples that fit the argument. Matters not who has more knowledge of the Bibley...the example still has to fit the debate.

:roll: Alzheimer already?

Don't worry, I won't hold the fact that you're a prick on your country or ethnic group. Unlike you I try to avoid bigoted comments. After all, there are a lot of cultivated, smart Americans in the world and it is definitely not their fault they share a country with people like you.

BTW- I'm not gay. But if I was that would be OK. Some of my friends are gay, nothing shameful in that, it's just a matter of sexual preference.

Find a statement that I have made that is truly bigoted. If it was, I will readily apologize. If it is simply an example of reality, I will not apologize.

do you have a spare week?? :lol:

I'm serious.

Cite an example that is "hate speech" and not simply me citing instances of history wherein Islam has been violent or less than tolerant and egalitarian.

In this thread, I was called a bigot because I cited actual events. Simply because ciaran has no idea what he's talking about and reacts consistently from an over-emotional, self-flagellating, Euro/Western Liberal White guilt attitude at al times.

As the saying goes; "I'm from Missouri. Show me."

thought the saying was "I'm from Missouri, show me your sister..."

Was kidding about the week...

2 days should cover it... :lol:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSKrBX_FA-g :lol: