Remember the old old thread which stated........

drlovelife8

Christianity is bullshit.

I do and it was great.

If we did a (insert religion here) is bullshit. Where would we go.

I see some people firing on all guns for some opinions thrown about on the religion subject.

Why can't people say other Abahamic religions are the same.

Strikes me as odd.

Let's stop talking about religion, let's evolve, it's 2008

I do and it was great.

I see some people firing on all guns for some opinions thrown about on the religion subject.

Strikes me as odd.

blashpemy!! ..now where is that holy wine???

I do and it was great.

Strikes me as odd.

mmmm perhaps we could remove philosophy from this sub forum too

What does that even mean?

Most of the world is religious or spiritual. Religion is an important subject across the world and amongst humanity. It seems that many on here and esp. some of the Europeans who post here think that they know the answers. But the simple fact is that we don't. I don't believe in any of the organized religions. I don't think that I have all of the answers either.

I think they are all false and simply developed as methods to control the masses of a particular geographic area. I think that Islam is currently the most egregious example of this. That's simply how I see it. Christianity had it's day when it Lorded over much of the known world. As an organization it has evolved. Not as much as I wish it would and not because it wanted to evolve either. The Church did not relinquish power willingly. And there are those who would see it pushed back to the forefront of power. But the Nations of the West will not allow it. It's just not going to happen. So Christianity is not a real threat to society as we know it. It's more of a nuisance.

Islam on the other hand with it's bombings, mujahedeen and shaheed, etc. Well, it's not interested in evolving. It's interests lay in devolving to the 7th Century and the time of Mohammad. Islam wants power not only over the soul. It wants dominion over the spiritual, intellectual and physical realm. The Qu'ran demands such. Sharee'ah and such.

And millions believe in it. Much as millions believe in the others--Hindu, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism.

It's a small percentage of people across the world who are atheistic or agnostic. A very small percentage. Extremely small percentage.

Who's right? That small minority or the billions of believers.

I can't answer that question. Can anyone? Really...

[my opinion: the Buddha got it right and Jesus had it right and no one else since except maybe Gandhi. The rest of us...not so much. Certainly not Mohammad. But I honestly believe that Malcolm X was on the right path and that is why Farrakhan had him gunned down.]

The one thing that I do know is that there are many folks in the West who hate Christianity. Many of them go out of their way to demean it and it's adherents. Yet these same folks also go out of their way to defend Islam. That makes little sense to me. It's evident on these forums. It's the ultimate in hypocrisy.

And it's the bush that drlovelife8 is beating around...

I agree with your views Jaya, it's just boring. I'm tired of this. Maybe start a good philosophical topic involving Ayn Rand or Nietzsche or Heidegger, even throw Freud in it. That's fine, or we can talk about Taoism or Zen.

Have a nice weekend.

Or we can talk about the books that were thrown out of the bible during the Council of Niceae in 325AD. That could be an interesting topic as well. Or Freuds book about Moses and Monotheism.

ALL the worlds religions are FAKE.

This topic is easy to disguise and even easier to debunk.

For example: All the Bibles:

They are based on the book of the dead, astrology and are proven to be

mostly tales written during the time of HORUS several THOUSAND

years before Islam/Christianity etc.

Every religion, ALL religions are phony and are made to control the people, give them HOPE to scare them into submission to their leaders.

It's all BULLOCKS.

We should be spending money on health and prolonging life, not on ignorant lies, religion and war!!!

Every religion, ALL religions are phony and are made to control the people, give them HOPE to scare them into submission to their leaders.

It's all BULLOCKS.

We should be spending money on health and prolonging life, not on ignorant lies, religion and war!!!

IT IS ALL BULLOCKS :D:D:D

Why don't we start a topic on life extension. I'm in, it's one of my favorite topics.

It's all BULLOCKS.

Why don't we start a topic on life extension. I'm in, it's one of my favorite topics.

EXACTLY !!! That's a very interesting topic and there's a lot of new technology evolving now. Of course I receive the undisclosed medical research and I can share some parts of that with you guys.

It's all BULLOCKS.

But why do we want to extend our lives.

Mostly we extend them up to the point that we are too old and brittle to do anything but sit in a chair and shake as we watch TV or read a book if our eyes are still good enough.

Who wants that?

I'd rather have the wars and religions.

Plus the world is overpopulated. Now we talk about extending life to the age of 100 or more.

Are people going to stop breeding?

More and more and more people living longer and longer. Where will we put all of these people. How will we feed all of these people. What water are all of these people going to drink.

Life is not all that sacred if you ask me. It's just life. If the goal of living becomes simply to live, I'd rather not. Seems like a big waste of time.

I am a serious health freak, thats why. :D

It's all BULLOCKS.

Mostly we extend them up to the point that we are too old and brittle to do anything but sit in a chair and shake as we watch TV or read a book if our eyes are still good enough.

Who wants that?

Plus the world is overpopulated. Now we talk about extending life to the age of 100 or more.

More and more and more people living longer and longer. Where will we put all of these people. How will we feed all of these people. What water are all of these people going to drink.

Life is not all that sacred if you ask me. It's just life. If the goal of living becomes simply to live, I'd rather not. Seems like a big waste of time.

Even a limited knowledge of life and science shows that we, as a species today, live far longer than our most previous predecessors.

For example people are living healthy lives at 80 now where living to the ripe old age of 40 was very uncommon just 100 years ago. Soon the technology will be available to look and feel like 35 when you are 65. It's all in the genetics and it's getting remarkably easier to interpret.

Life is wonderful. at any age. Youth hides that fact. That's why most drug abusers are under 30. Reality of mortality sneaks up on you as you grow up.

It's all BULLOCKS.

Who wants that?

Even a limited knowledge of life and science shows that we, as a species today, live far longer than our most previous predecessors.

For example people are living healthy lives at 80 now where living to the ripe old age of 40 was very uncommon just 100 years ago. Soon the technology will be available to look and feel like 35 when you are 65. It's all in the genetics and it's getting remarkably easier to interpret.

Life is wonderful. at any age. Youth hides that fact. That's why most drug abusers are under 30. Reality of mortality sneaks up on you as you grow up.

I totally agree with what your saying, man, 200 years ago most people didnt even reach 30. We are truly blessed with what we have. We have a chance to evolve consciously beyond adolescent age, and reach new levels of understanding about life, consciously, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually.

It's all BULLOCKS.

Who wants that?

I totally agree with what your saying, man, 200 years ago most people didnt even reach 30. We are truly blessed with what we have. We have a chance to evolve consciously beyond adolescent age, and reach new levels of understanding about life, consciously, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually.

...and be shot down or bombed by terrorists who think no different than those of the Stone Age era. OK. Bronze Age.

I can understand your point of view, but I am living my life this way. It's a conscious decision. And I'm extremely happy with it.

I've been in it. Beirut, USMC operation AXELEX.

I'm not that worried about terrorists.

What worries me more is the disregard of respect towards life.

the thanatos drive is too much present. Most humans are in a mode of self destruction, and they arn't even aware of it.

the thanatos drive is too much present. Most humans are in a mode of self destruction, and they arn't even aware of it.

You are absolutely right.

( Also, what the heck are we doing up this late? ) Cheers !!!

You are absolutely right.

( Also, what the heck are we doing up this late? ) Cheers !!!

It's 21;33 here in amsterdam :D

It's all BULLOCKS.

Who wants that?

...and be shot down or bombed by terrorists who think no different than those of the Stone Age era. OK. Bronze Age.

I can understand your point of view, but I am living my life this way. It's a conscious decision. And I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm just messing with ya.

Live the way that makes you happy. I respect that.

No worries Jaya, it's all good.

Personally, I don't think that life is sacred. Individuals and even societies can make life sacred in accordance with their actions. But most of us give lip service to this concept that life is sacred. History has shown that it is naught but words. What about the 20th Century gives credence to the belief that any of us truly think that life is sacred.

Was the life of Hitler sacred. Mao? Stalin? Churchill? Hirohito? Osama bin Laden? George Bush? Ronald Reagan? Lincoln? Saladin? Gandhi? Muhammad Ali of Egypt? al Wahhab of the Nejd? Abdur Rahman of Kabul? Mother Theresa? Yassar Arafat? Ayatollah al Sistani? Khomeini? Charles Manson? Jack the Ripper? Charles Bundi?

Were all of these lives sacred? Whose life is sacred and who decides this? You? The President of the United States? The Secretary General of the UN? The Mufti of Jerusalem? Adolf Hitler or Josef Stalin?

None of our political or economic creeds support this concept. Religions pay lip service to it. The UN Charter pays lip service to it. But I dare say that Jewish life isn't sacred to many who sit around the table of the UN.

Islam does not find life sacred. It is more an honor to be shaheed than to be a law abiding lover of life and liberty.

Humans act for self preservation specifically and preservation of the species in general. We do so as individuals, though. Not as groups. As Civilization, we mostly murder each other in the name of humanity or religion or power or greed.

So it has been since the earliest records of our actions. So it will be until humans are no more.

I see no evidence that life is truly sacred to any but a handful of people who have no power to make the value universal.

Such is my belief.

What you say here is sadly very true. But these are my values, even if I am a minority, I will stick to them. Every little bit helps in this hostile world.

What does that even mean?

Most of the world is religious or spiritual. Religion is an important subject across the world and amongst humanity. It seems that many on here and esp. some of the Europeans who post here think that they know the answers. But the simple fact is that we don't. I don't believe in any of the organized religions. I don't think that I have all of the answers either.

I think they are all false and simply developed as methods to control the masses of a particular geographic area. I think that Islam is currently the most egregious example of this. That's simply how I see it. Christianity had it's day when it Lorded over much of the known world. As an organization it has evolved. Not as much as I wish it would and not because it wanted to evolve either. The Church did not relinquish power willingly. And there are those who would see it pushed back to the forefront of power. But the Nations of the West will not allow it. It's just not going to happen. So Christianity is not a real threat to society as we know it. It's more of a nuisance.

Islam on the other hand with it's bombings, mujahedeen and shaheed, etc. Well, it's not interested in evolving. It's interests lay in devolving to the 7th Century and the time of Mohammad. Islam wants power not only over the soul. It wants dominion over the spiritual, intellectual and physical realm. The Qu'ran demands such. Sharee'ah and such.

And millions believe in it. Much as millions believe in the others--Hindu, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism.

It's a small percentage of people across the world who are atheistic or agnostic. A very small percentage. Extremely small percentage.

Who's right? That small minority or the billions of believers.

I can't answer that question. Can anyone? Really...

[my opinion: the Buddha got it right and Jesus had it right and no one else since except maybe Gandhi. The rest of us...not so much. Certainly not Mohammad. But I honestly believe that Malcolm X was on the right path and that is why Farrakhan had him gunned down.]

The one thing that I do know is that there are many folks in the West who hate Christianity. Many of them go out of their way to demean it and it's adherents. Yet these same folks also go out of their way to defend Islam. That makes little sense to me. It's evident on these forums. It's the ultimate in hypocrisy.

And it's the bush that drlovelife8 is beating around...

I agree with your views Jaya, it's just boring. I'm tired of this. Maybe start a good philosophical topic involving Ayn Rand or Nietzsche or Heidegger, even throw Freud in it. That's fine, or we can talk about Taoism or Zen.

Have a nice weekend.

Or we can talk about the books that were thrown out of the bible during the Council of Niceae in 325AD. That could be an interesting topic as well. Or Freuds book about Moses and Monotheism.

I think he is generally spot on and says what many here are thinking and certainly agree with ion a non public way.

He ruffles feathers but he isn't a troll.

You don't have to join the thread but you have the right to say it bores you.

Maybe you could start one of you aforementioned topics, could be interesting.

Nobody can deny what he says is generally backable with facts.

I don't think he is boring either, quite the opposite.