: INTUITION :

PeeMarc

intuition... gut feel....whatever you call it...how much to you use it or rely on it? Do you believe in it?

To me intuition is the highest form of decision making for us humans as it taps into a part of ourselves ignored by the heart and the mind, both of which on their own often result in confusion and poor decision making. Using intuition is the ability to draw upon other areas of information such as the subconcious and/or the soul (however one wished to characterise the process).

The stupidest decisions that I have made in my life are those that I have made when ignoring my intuitive self.

I agree with the assertion that intuition is not common sense.

intuition... gut feel....whatever you call it...how much to you use it or rely on it? Do you believe in it?

To me intuition is the highest form of decision making for us humans as it taps into a part of ourselves ignored by the heart and the mind, both of which on their own often result in confusion and poor decision making. Using intuition is the ability to draw upon other areas of information such as the subconcious and/or the soul (however one wished to characterise the process).

The stupidest decisions that I have made in my life are those that I have made when ignoring my intuitive self.

I agree with the assertion that intuition is not common sense.

from my own experiences, i totally agree with what you say. I am still unsure what intuition actually is, since it often, as you say, has little to do with heart or mind. Interestingly, id say if i had posted this as some sort of 'supernatural' forum, perhaps reactions would be different. Seems we are ok to believe in this intuitive, precognitive ability - even rely on it - but often at the same time be skeptical about further 'powers'.