If weekly vote scores cash in charity?

aomlovely

If weekly vote scores cash in charity?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. If weekly vote scores cash in charity?

• Good Idea, I will join
    • Maybe
    • I will close my vote button

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we are looking for problems where there don't have to be any.

No-one is going to cheat or set up multiple accounts. If they do we sic Dannyboy on them (without muzzle)

What is needed;

1) Aom decides on start date for the week of donations, and then posts as event. If you sign up, you are making a commitment to donate a cash equivalent for your votes in that week.

2) Someone based in Thailand and who has experience of using Paypal on a regular basis, contacts Aom by pm and helps set up this side of it.

3) By setting up Paypal account, it also enables non Thai based members who either don't want to take part or don't get many votes to make a one off donation.

4) We make a nice wad of cash to put smiles on the kids' faces!!!

Now, any questions?? :)

While the intentions are good this idea could get people into trouble really. Let's say I create 1000 accounts on TF and vote all the people who signed up for the bahtpervote charity every day.....

While this example is a bit extreme of course this is something you should consider.

OMG! That would be incredible... If we got an active member who regularly checking forum and found this thread then start creating accounts to mess with this charity vote thingy... Scary ****!

However if someone bother to do that and at the end the highest points is 10,000+ points (I say IMPOSSIBLE!) surely Admin and the gang will step into this as we never have that much score per week per account.. not even 5,000? however, such amount won't bother those who joining this event anyway if they are joining for charity.

Or else, they dont really have to donate that much if got too many votes... I believe it can be negotiate to something reasonable if one find it's not,, it's a charity.... I dont think anyone will be blame for whatever amount to donate in case they got like, lets say 10,000+ votes (let alone the probability to have someone bother finding the way to get someone got like 10000 votes in a week)...

Maybe lets cap the amount... to play safe :lol::lol::lol::lol:

2) Someone based in Thailand and who has experience of using Paypal on a regular basis, contacts Aom by pm and helps set up this side of it.

someone says Paypal is complicated as well.

How about bank transfer??

I was talking with Cherie and we did agree if we have bank account for the charity but this account must have 2 signatures then you can withdraw.

--AL--

I was talking with Cherie and we did agree if we have bank account for the charity but this account must have 2 signatures then you can withdraw.

--AL--

Paypal is far easier than bank transfer. I have used paypal for buying AND selling on e bay and it is straightforward... :)

--AL--

Paypal is far easier than bank transfer. I have used paypal for buying AND selling on e bay and it is straightforward... :)

agree with P'Iain :)

--AL--

agree with P'Iain :)

Thanks for the help :P very kind of you all TFers......Thinking Thinking and Thinking about it :P:lol:

now I'm sleepy mak mak...good night naja :wink: but u can keep talking !! I will be back tomorrow.

--AL--

Well the first non-no forum ever.I'm in defintely who is keeping track though? I was wondering is there to work with some corporate groups who can tie the vote window popup to some marketing background pictures and that raises money as well? Just like msn does for their new cause based addition to the message on the msn messenger. I usually have mine set to the boys and girls club of america. Can admin look into it with their marketing partners?

Just an idea to build on an already great idea from aom!

Well the first non-no forum ever.I'm in defintely who is keeping track though? I was wondering is there to work with some corporate groups who can tie the vote window popup to some marketing background pictures and that raises money as well? Just like msn does for their new cause based addition to the message on the msn messenger. I usually have mine set to the boys and girls club of america. Can admin look into it with their marketing partners?

Just an idea to build on an already great idea from aom!

adding pop up windows to TF?

uh..... no thanks

--AL--

Can we use the same paypal account that premium member paid for their membership? I dont really know how paypal works and how to register an account so set up new one maybe not necessary but whatever I can do transaction online, I love that. It's so easy and very convenient.

And joint bank account can be another option... easier for one who dont use credit card it can be open under some name with a few conditions to withdraw money, can have upto 4 people to operate account. I think put Admin name in it isnt a bad idea as most likely he will be the last one who leave TF unless he sell it to other.. LOL.. but the rest 3 will be who, thats another case. Chez (Cant help, I love that name)would be a good one as she's active and joining most charity events too. Once it set up it can be used in a long term too... good idea!

I got this info from my friend whom working for BAY as a teller so it's trustable source, condition of such account at other banks can be slightly different. And sorry if you already knew it... but anything about banking I cannot not jump in... LOL

--AL--

Can we use the same paypal account that premium member paid for their membership? I dont really know how paypal works and how to register an account so set up new one maybe not necessary but whatever I can do transaction online, I love that. It's so easy and very convenient.

And joint bank account can be another option... easier for one who dont use credit card it can be open under some name with a few conditions to withdraw money, can have upto 4 people to operate account. I think put Admin name in it isnt a bad idea as most likely he will be the last one who leave TF unless he sell it to other.. LOL.. but the rest 3 will be who, thats another case. Chez (Cant help, I love that name)would be a good one as she's active and joining most charity events too. Once it set up it can be used in a long term too... good idea!

I got this info from my friend whom working for BAY as a teller so it's trustable source, condition of such account at other banks can be slightly different. And sorry if you already knew it... but anything about banking I cannot not jump in... LOL

Setting up a paypal account is EASY, but I suspect Rob would not want to mix site funds with charity funds.

Paypal allows anyone with an e mail address to transfer funds from 190 countries!!

You can then transfer funds from your paypal account to a named bank account; again all done online.

What I suggest is that a new account for TF charities is set up; that way it can be used for any different charities we are doing things for.

This would have the security of needing 2 signatories so all members would know funds are safe.

What I don't know is how charities work or are registered in Thailand - is it easy? hard?

Reason I mention this is I am again not sure whether any funds raised that were deposited in bank would be liable for any taxes and whether any allowances would be made if it was registered as charity?

Anyone who knows anything about these aspects, please post!!! :)

Paypal is ****, and they will **** your **** up, ESPECIALLY if its connected to a Thai bank account and is previously unused.

TAX pffft, unless your taking over a million baht its not worth all of the hassle.

Best just to do it privately, and have a small group of people in control of the money,

I'm tired now and can't write any more, will later....

jskdbhcvkShvdbmzsx

.....but one thing.

PAYPAL cannot be trusted, they will **** you over and hold your money without releasing it for up to 12 months, sometimes more, if its attached to a Thai bank your stuffed for sure.

My charity has 15,000 pounds locked in at the moment, its a proper headache.

--AL--

Setting up a paypal account is EASY, but I suspect Rob would not want to mix site funds with charity funds.

Paypal allows anyone with an e mail address to transfer funds from 190 countries!!

You can then transfer funds from your paypal account to a named bank account; again all done online.

What I suggest is that a new account for TF charities is set up; that way it can be used for any different charities we are doing things for.

This would have the security of needing 2 signatories so all members would know funds are safe.

What I don't know is how charities work or are registered in Thailand - is it easy? hard?

Reason I mention this is I am again not sure whether any funds raised that were deposited in bank would be liable for any taxes and whether any allowances would be made if it was registered as charity?

Anyone who knows anything about these aspects, please post!!! :)

dont even need to register as any kind of juristic person( such as association, foundation) just go to open an account... the banks allow a group of ppl (max to 4 as I said) to open an account together under some selected name ie Thailandfriends Group.

Too much problem for registration thing here... dont even think about it..

Or Im just misunderstood with what u just said :lol:

Just to remind you all, starting from late night, this Saturday, from midnight onwards, I'll be donating 10 baht for each vote each member hits me, and this is going to last for one whole week, until Saturday 17th.

funky_house is willing to match me baht for baht, and give me an equal sum to whatever I raise with my points for bahts. Thank you so much :D

And thank you all for your willingness to support the orphans :D