Atheists have their say

Treborz

As the internet spreads and speeds up, it is analogous to the human nervous system, which evolved over time becoming evermore complex. Today people carry portable internet in their pockets, not long from now direct brain connections will be "normal". Sometime after this, the whole connected planet will become self aware and anyone connected to the matrix will be a single cell of this planetary god. Expendable processor power. Now that's distributed computing!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the internet is quite amazing - especially if you have access to it - not like the huge percentage of the planets population that have no connection to it at all - and those who will never have access to it...

The internet is a money making engine - so in the poor regions of the world, no-one is interested in computers, the internet, or search engines - not unless it puts a roof over their head and food in their stomach.

The thing is that the totally connected world will be a myth for a very long time - there will be excellent broadband available for some, but in India, Africa, parts of China and many other places, the huge local populations will likley never be served by decent connectivity because they cant afford it and have no reason to have it - and its extremely doubtful that they will adopt it even if it was free and a computer or other device was provided for them - how can they use it - the education needs must be met first, otherwise it is of no use - you cant teach a guy to read and use a computer by using a computer until he can read first...catch-22...

I am very positive about the internet - but I am also realistic in todays world - for an awfully long time, it will not be truly global.

• 1 month later...
Atheists have no say. They don't believe in anything. Perhaps, they should test their theory. Suicide...and see if they are correct.

f*ck 'em. If they're correct, no big loss. It didn't mean a thing. f*ck it. Why not?

And if you believe in god that attitude gets you what. Why do you care what they think. Feeling defensive ?

Atheists have no say. They don't believe in anything. Perhaps, they should test their theory. Suicide...and see if they are correct.

f*ck 'em. If they're correct, no big loss. It didn't mean a thing. f*ck it. Why not?

And if you believe in god that attitude gets you what. Why do you care what they think. Feeling defensive ?

Who says that I believe in THAT GoD!

no FOOK YOU!!

Nah, that's ok. But I hear Iain_D rents sheep by the hour.

Atheists crack me up. They want everyone to not believe what they don't believe in...bunch of damn wastrels.

Who gives a damn...

no FOOK YOU!!

Atheists crack me up. They want everyone to not believe what they don't believe in...bunch of damn wastrels.

Who gives a damn...

you seem to.....

no FOOK YOU!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Only to Kentuckians with no sisters...

:twisted:

no FOOK YOU!!

Who gives a damn...

you seem to.....

not only do you seem to give a damn (if post count is any indication) but you don't seem to have much of a grip at all on what atheists believe/say/do/are.

no FOOK YOU!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Only to Kentuckians with no sisters...

:twisted:

he should know that ewe can get sheeped for free in scotland.

atheism seems simple to me

believe in nothing

and then enforce that belief on allothers

sounds a bit like Islam in that regard

if you dumb it down enough you can make it *seem* like a pattern.

but where are your *facts*? are you allergic to facts? probably since the only atheists who try to "enforce that belief on allothers" i've ever heard of are the likes of chairman Mao.. and in case you aren't aware, there were several things on miss Mao's agenda of a higher priority than the dreaded a-word.

what ******* drugs are you on lately? seems like you're taking stupid pills. wtf.

believe in nothing

but where are your *facts*? are you allergic to facts? probably since the only atheists who try to "enforce that belief on allothers" i've ever heard of are the likes of chairman Mao.. and in case you aren't aware, there were several things on miss Mao's agenda of a higher priority than the dreaded a-word.

what f*cking drugs are you on lately? seems like you're taking stupid pills. wtf.

you 2 thought of just f*cking each other to solve this disturbing homo-erotic aggression/attraction you seem to have for each other?? :roll:

believe in nothing

what f*cking drugs are you on lately? seems like you're taking stupid pills. wtf.

you 2 thought of just f*cking each other to solve this disturbing homo-erotic aggression/attraction you seem to have for each other?? :roll:

nah but i thought about ******* you, not because i like it or i find you in any way attractive, but just because it will be humiliating for you.

i mean, it's not like your tradesman's entrance is open for business or anything, is it? oh wait...

believe in nothing

nah but i thought about f*cking you, not because i like it or i find you in any way attractive, but just because it will be humiliating for you.

i mean, it's not like your tradesman's entrance is open for business or anything, is it? oh wait...

Mate, if I thought for one minute that your raddled polack c*ck was going anywhere near my tradesmen's entrance, I would go out and contract hiv just to f*ck you up too.

Death would be worth it...

:wink:

believe in nothing

nah but i thought about f*cking you, not because i like it or i find you in any way attractive, but just because it will be humiliating for you.

Mate, if I thought for one minute that your raddled polack c*ck was going anywhere near my tradesmen's entrance, I would go out and contract hiv just to f*ck you up too.

don't worry i'd use a condom. i'd imagine that orifice of yours has more tasty nobel-prizeworthy biological wonders than the Burgess Shale back in the day (an' more dealdy too).

believe in nothing

don't worry i'd use a condom. i'd imagine that orifice of yours has more tasty nobel-prizeworthy biological wonders than the Burgess Shale back in the day (an' more dealdy too).

and this from the world's most used anal petri dish?? :shock:

a passage so fecund in unusual lifeforms that national geographic are considering mounting a special expedition...

believe in nothing

What a ridiculous comment. Atheists believe in many things. Atheist beliefs tend to be based on proof while religious beliefs tend to be based on faith. 'I refuse to prove I exist' says God 'because proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing.'

It is the people who believe in God that dont believe in anything. After all God as a concept is not an explanation of anything at all. It is only a rather pathetic way of redescribing the same problem. Afterall if He created the Universe who created Him.

The most dangerous concept in 'religions' is the belief in life after death. If you believe this is your one life, you are bound to value it highly, and that makes the world a safer place.

As Richard Dawkins said about 9/11 'Our leaders have described the recent atrocity with the customary cliche: mindless cowardice. "Mindless" may be a suitable word for the vandalising of a telephone box. It is not helpful for understanding what hit New York on September 11. Those people were not mindless and they were certainly not cowards. On the contrary, they had sufficiently effective minds braced with an insane courage, and it would pay us mightily to understand where that courage came from.

It came from religion....'

It is what it is.

To be honest that was my attitude for many years. I was brought up a Christian but by the time I was seven I realized it was all nonsense. I remember telling my mother I would no longer go to church and she said 'if you dont believe in God, what is the meaning of life?' Now I didnt have an answer but I remember thinking that it was a pretty feeble question.

So for 20 years also I became agnostic and didnt give the matter much thought. Then I decided 'it is what it is' just wasnt good enough. So I gave it some thought and read some books (especially about evolutionary biology) and for me, at least, it all came together. You cant disprove God like you cant disprove tooth fairies but there is a better, far more interesting, fascinating and incredible story out there than any religion.

• 3 weeks later...