Mass tourism and Thailand

marco_funny

Question

during the Ancient Roman time, the Farmers used to give the soil of the farming land two years rest from growing crops after one session of Harvest and that s what Thailand needs now to restore its beautiful landscape and natural environment.

mass tourism has destroyed the natural and also the cultural aspect of the country, it will definitely halt and stop the expansions of fast food chains such as MacDonald and alike and people will resort to their beautiful local culture more and more instead of being culturally invaded by aliens.

20 answers to this question

during the Ancient Roman time, the Farmers used to give the soil of the farming land two years rest from growing crops after one session of Harvest and that s what Thailand needs now to restore its beautiful landscape and natural environment.

mass tourism has destroyed the natural and also the cultural aspect of the country, it will definitely halt and stop the expansions of fast food chains such as MacDonald and alike and people will resort to their beautiful local culture more and more instead of being culturally invaded by aliens.

I have decided: TROLL!

dont.jpg

dont.jpg

no I don't agree the financial crisis will make most the crappy fast food chains to close down and bankrupt causing people to eat more local healthy food and thus less obesity and less diseases ,also prices will drop down which will be a huge benefit for both the middle and poor class, the tourists has changed hugely the local mentality the people causing them to become more greedy and arrogant, therefore this time is a healing time for Thailand to restore its original status.

dont.jpg

Can I have one shot?....I have some leftovers.......

-----continuation of the last post----

it will certainly reduce the CO2 emissions into the atmosphere causing less damage to the earth s worsening global warming situation,the beaches will be cleaner and natural, less real estate development projects will cause the preservation of many natural forests.

even the wild animals was not saved from the exploitation caused by mass tourism, huge numbers of elephants and tigers were held in captivity to be shown to tourists as an entertainments instead of being released into the wilderness.

mass tourism destroys the local language as it introduce new foreign words into the vocabulary, causing the people to lose their national language and identity, if you happen to travel to Germany or France you will notice how the people are very hostile to speak any English words even if they master it, to force the speaker to learn their local culture and language as they are proud of it.

Looks more like a comment of an inquisitor instead the one of a moderator...

Marco... what are you talking about??? You are dreaming!!!

It's an economical crisis that we are experiencing... not a temporal jump back in the 70's-80's

what I am talking about is that this economical crisis is very beneficial to so many developing country to divert away their main economy from mass tourism which is bringing catastrophic ecological problems to the environment.

the government will start to think about investing more money on improving the export or service sector instead of the mass tourism that contribute to the huge degradation of both the natural environment and culture of the country.

some counties such as Bhutan has made a strict quota on the number of tourists allowed to visit the country to preserve the local and natural landscape of the country.

it will take very long pages to outline the bad sides of tourism starting from

degradation of social society values , crimes, pollution, sexual diseases etc etc.

the financial crisis will be a natural medical remedy to this ailing planet by cutting down the industrial output thus reducing the CO2 emissions and lowering the toxic thrown in the environment, so in very short summary it will be a huge buffet of oxygen.

so all the laws regarding strict Visa and other events(closing airport) are very good to reduce the mass exodus coming here.

I believe the government has collected enough money already from tourism to spend it on improving the education and research infrastructure to refrain from the tourism industry.

it will certainly reduce the CO2 emissions into the atmosphere causing less damage to the earth s worsening global warming situation,the beaches will be cleaner and natural, less real estate development projects will cause the preservation of many natural forests.

even the wild animals was not saved from the exploitation caused by mass tourism, huge numbers of elephants and tigers were held in captivity to be shown to tourists as an entertainments instead of being released into the wilderness.

mass tourism destroys the local language as it introduce new foreign words into the vocabulary, causing the people to lose their national language and identity, if you happen to travel to Germany or France you will notice how the people are very hostile to speak any English words even if they master it, to force the speaker to learn their local culture and language as they are proud of it.

A one or two year recession is hardly going to have an impact on any of the things that you mention.

Anyway, what's wrong with everyone speaking English? Can we help it if half the World wants to learn how to speak it? :-)

It's an economical crisis that we are experiencing... not a temporal jump back in the 70's-80's

so in very short summary it will be a huge buffet of oxygen.

Oh lovely!! I do love a good buffet!! Will there be wine?? :D

No popcorn, Ian?

No popcorn, Ian?

I find that popcorn doesn't mix with a nice oxygen and wine buffet Eric...

:D

Guest FLGlenn

A one or two year recession is hardly going to have an impact on any of the things that you mention.

Anyway, what's wrong with everyone speaking English? Can we help it if half the World wants to learn how to speak it? :-)

Hence, all the English teachers in Thailand...

If we assume that the amount of economic benefit to the national economy of Thailand from tourism is roughly equal to that which the Philippines derives from Philipinos living abroad, it is interesting to consider the benefits/costs to each in terms of culture, infrastructure, pollution, society, etc.

OK, you go home first. We'll all be right behind you. Promise.