• 15) Pump it up
    • 16) Boy Fishing
    • 17) Before its wash off "Wash"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmm there was me thinking everyone lives on a small screened laptop :cry:

Larger slightly better quality scan from the original slide with a few hairs and a bit of dust added .......

FISHINGSW-2.jpg

it looks really good now...

agreed .... looks much more vibrant and colours seem better also !!!!

hmmm I'm not sure, it might be about my monitor at work... it's a little bit dark... but hey it's still looks good.

My questions for Issey... I'm just wondering that it was ice or real water? how can you catch that moment with the dark background? did you take it in studio or in sunshine or in the bathroom?

la la la....

((if we aint skip Feb one, it will be so so so late... so yeah that's better))

just talking to myself.. :arrow:

(I think I caught this from DannyBoy.. dammit!)

Today is Tuesday and I don't know who's the winner.... and yeah it's late for Feb comp. :( we have only few day, for my idea I think we just skip it. But if ppl wanna set up Feb one, I think it's possible na... I will find out photo in my stock photo, it will be fine.

»Ãê´à¤éÒ¢Óæà©Âæ ÇèÒÃÒà©ÅªéÒ.... à¾ÃÒêéÒä§àÅÂÃÂèÒÃÕÃѹàŢç¡.¾. ÃÂèÒ§·Õèà¤éÒÇèÒÅèôÕáÅéÇ :lol:

la la la....

((if we aint skip Feb one, it will be so so so late... so yeah that's better))

just talking to myself.. :arrow:

(I think I caught this from DannyBoy.. dammit!)

Today is Tuesday and I don't know who's the winner.... and yeah it's late for Feb comp. :( we have only few day, for my idea I think we just skip it. But if ppl wanna set up Feb one, I think it's possible na... I will find out photo in my stock photo, it will be fine.

»Ãê´à¤éÒ¢Óæà©Âæ ÇèÒÃÒà©ÅªéÒ.... à¾ÃÒêéÒä§àÅÂÃÂèÒÃÕÃѹàŢç¡.¾. ÃÂèÒ§·Õèà¤éÒÇèÒÅèôÕáÅéÇ :lol:

àËà àËà ã¤Ã¨ÃÃÙéÅèÃà¹ÕèÂ

µ¡Å§¾Õè¹Ã¹ËÅѺʹԷàŤ׹¹ÕéÃÙéáÅéÇÇèҢçã¤Ãà»ç¹¢Ã§ã¤Ã

ÇèÒáµè¤ÃÒÇ˹éÒ¨ÃÊ觴ÕÃÑéÂà¹Õè äÃè¤èàHurt ¹èÃ

Larger slightly better quality scan from the original slide with a few hairs and a bit of dust added .......

FISHINGSW-2.jpg

hmmm I'm not sure, it might be about my monitor at work... it's a little bit dark... but hey it's still looks good.

hahahahahaha ..... well actually it does look darker (i think), but IMO this helps the different shades of blue stand out !!!

FISHINGSW-2.jpg

hahahahahaha ..... well actually it does look darker (i think), but IMO this helps the different shades of blue stand out !!!

Put a little bit more "EXPOSURE" might help?

and babyoiy could guess which one was mine. You know all of my dear friends thought "Small Fall" was mine...Damn...

I wanna annouce to all of my friends... mine is entry 7. None of my friends know that I'm interested in small things...

This photo was taken when i went to Doi Angkhang Chiangmai,

I saw cabbage ornamental on the ground... and see some dew and hoarfrost underneath, very very small... but looks so beautiful to me.

DSCF4116-2.jpg

Especially for p'CiaranM. I know my photo isn't one of your favorite list... but it got some vote...

and I think you gonna be happy cuz I didn't use SLR camera and it didn't pass Photoshop Process...

Only one thing I did was resize photo from Adobe lightroom, adjust contrast a little bit.

and babyoiy could guess which one was mine. You know all of my dear friends thought "Small Fall" was mine...Damn...

i have no idea how you knew it was mine! and i'll certainly go with your f.stop recommendation for shooting softer waterfall pics just as soon as I can steal a camera that has that function :P

i point in its general direction then i push the button :shock: then much to Iain's disgust i adjust the white balance, contrast and sharpness then remove the noise.

I don't think using photoshop to clean up a pic is bad especially when you take the drunken pictures i do !!

I'm a witch... :lol::lol::lol:

but hey ppl thought Small Fall was mine Photo cuz they said I like trekking (and you do like trekking too, right?) but they forgot I like to go trek at mountain, waterfall isn't my favorite.

Hmmm you should try f-stop and shutter speed... don't forget to bring a tripod and ND filter if you have. Without ND filter you can't use slow speed in daylight + strong sunshine.

I wanna annouce to all of my friends... mine is entry 7. None of my friends know that I'm interested in small things...

I saw cabbage ornamental on the ground... and see some dew and hoarfrost underneath, very very small... but looks so beautiful to me.

DSCF4116-2.jpg

Especially for p'CiaranM. I know my photo isn't one of your favorite list... but it got some vote...

and I think you gonna be happy cuz I didn't use SLR camera and it didn't pass Photoshop Process...

Only one thing I did was resize photo from Adobe lightroom, adjust contrast a little bit.

i have to admit on first viewing this wasn't one of the pics that i liked.

however, after coming back 3 or 4 times (i did like a lot of the shots this month) it was one of the pics that kinda grew on me. one of the things that put me of initally was that i assumed it had been heavily photoshopped because of the strange (different) colours. just shows ... what do i know !!!

it was definitelty a tough month this time to try and pick a winner ... i probably changed my mind at least 3 times, but small fall impressed me first time i saw it .... can't f**king believe i voted for Jay though !! :D:D:D

DSCF4116-2.jpg

i have to admit on first viewing this wasn't one of the pics that i liked.

however, after coming back 3 or 4 times (i did like a lot of the shots this month) it was one of the pics that kinda grew on me. one of the things that put me of initally was that i assumed it had been heavily photoshopped because of the strange (different) colours. just shows ... what do i know !!!

lol... mai pen rai... to prove that it didn't pass PhotoShop process...

13.jpg

it was definitelty a tough month this time to try and pick a winner ... i probably changed my mind at least 3 times, but small fall impressed me first time i saw it .... can't f**king believe i voted for Jay though !! :D:D:D

I think so... same as me, I like "Gimme a hug" at first time.. I think the message sender is quite good... I didn't know why I keep looking at # a lot... cuz of blue sea and stop motion, I think.

also I like pump it, its one of those shots i point and click at...

I'm not an expert (obviously) but its a bit dark (stood in the shadow of the building?) and not exactly straight. before i joined this photo comp i wouldn't even have noticed. in fact i went back and had a look at some of my own wonky horizons

pump1.jpg

I straightened it, sharpened it and adjusted the white balance (i learnt about white balance from this comp)

pump2.jpg

then i adjusted the colour black to lighten the shadow and bring the water to its original colour plus the red to take the warm look away

pump3.jpg

i then extracted the water fountain, making the background a separate layer, which i then added gaussian blur. brought back the water, flattened it as a jpeg making the water the focus.

pump4.jpg

took less than ten minutes and was more fun than trying to salvage my own inept shots

if i'd used less blur i may have got away with ciaran not spotting the photoshop

Thanks for the tips Jay :D

This pic was taken on my little Sony T7 pocket camera while I was out for a walk, and was very much a point and click job. I only really entered it because I thought it was a nice pic, as opposed to a good photo, and I like to support the competition anyway. I did adjust the contrast and colour automatically to try and negate the shadow a bit, using an old editing programme that Ive had for years, but didnt really manage to do that. Now youve shown me how to make the photo more attractive, I need to invest in a copy of Photshop aqnd get playing!!

I did very similar to 2unique... my 1st try at Photoshop...

Original photo was (i think) Libaran Island off coast of Sabah Borneo.. taken with Canon ixus 5mp

IMG_1360.jpg

Downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and played around for a bit... made a few enhancements (auto smartfix), selected then changed the water colour by using "adjust colour variations" and changed the alignment of the horizon (forget how rotation or summink)... also added a distant skycow which was later removed cause it looked too much like a helicopter. Ended up looking like this (hopefully not as small as in the comp):

BridgeTooFar.jpg

Only 1 vote and not 1 mention tho :( if only I kept the skycow :?

All good fun :D

FISHINGSW-2.jpg

With a few hairs and a bit of dust it looks even more like Dali's.

ahh Lyna dear you ok ! Hows that cognac doing anyway ?

and where's the house warming shots of Kally?

I'm waiting for you to pay me, since i've noticed that u like to spend money on silly things.

have to see the quality of your work first, never know what you're going to get with u bohemian street artist types

then i guess theres no deal, since obviously my works are only in good qualities...