Krabi Trip

Chatty

Question

I just bought a package to Krabi. 1990 baht for 3 days 2 nights hotel room and 5 times meals...+ A day trip to 4 islands (by long tail boat) Seems like it's "Ok deal" but I just don't know what to do on the first day and the last day in Krabi.

I will go there 21st Mar. left BKK around 10 am might get to Krabi about 11 am or noon, and I will have nothing to do after I check in hotel. I will stay at Buri Tara, Aao Nang. Could anyone recommend the place that I should go to see/visit before dinner and after dinner?

On Monday, 23rd, I booked the flight at 3pm. Any recommend for half day trip?

Another question. Is it dangerous to take long tail boat or I should add more money to go by speed boad instead? I have "sea sick" anyway.

I really have no idea about Krabi. hrrrrrrrrrrrr... I really wanna visit many many places as I can.

Neung

15 answers to this question

I just bought a package to Krabi. 1990 baht for 3 days 2 nights hotel room and 5 times meals...+ A day trip to 4 islands (by long tail boat) Seems like it's "Ok deal" but I just don't know what to do on the first day and the last day in Krabi.

I will go there 21st Mar. left BKK around 10 am might get to Krabi about 11 am or noon, and I will have nothing to do after I check in hotel. I will stay at Buri Tara, Aao Nang. Could anyone recommend the place that I should go to see/visit before dinner and after dinner?

On Monday, 23rd, I booked the flight at 3pm. Any recommend for half day trip?

Another question. Is it dangerous to take long tail boat or I should add more money to go by speed boad instead? I have "sea sick" anyway.

I really have no idea about Krabi. hrrrrrrrrrrrr... I really wanna visit many many places as I can.

Neung

if the sea is pretty calm take the long tail boats out to the islands .... railing beach, chicken island etc .... bring ur camera also, some amazing scenery. it's absolutely beautiful there !! enjoy !!

Thks kha P'Ciaran and nong Cherryberry...

Nong cherry I will not go to the south alone ja... kinda scared hehe. I can't swim na. I will go with my travel mate na, she never been to the south before.

Yeah relax at first day might be a good idea. Do you guys know that How far from Aao Nang to the city? I have to take bus or any transportation? I think I might eat at hotel cuz meal is in Package... Exept first day lunch time.

Thks kha P'Ciaran and nong Cherryberry...

Nong cherry I will not go to the south alone ja... kinda scared hehe. I can't swim na. I will go with my travel mate na, she never been to the south before.

Yeah relax at first day might be a good idea. Do you guys know that How far from Aao Nang to the city? I have to take bus or any transportation? I think I might eat at hotel cuz meal is in Package... Exept first day lunch time.

if i remember rightly it's about 30 or 40 mins from both airport and krabi town to ao nang !! i haven't been there for a few years, but really enjoyed every time i've been there !!

nong elvire and Enchanted...

I got package from 15th Discovery Thailand & Discovery World 2009... I searched many places in there... this is the best deal I could get. I like Vogue resort but it's kinda expensive.

Now my plan changed again... good that I haven't book the tickets yet... got one more person to join.. May be driving to Krabi is the best idea... or may be crazy idea. Hope the direction to Krabi isn't complicate... Do you know how many hours to get there?

To p'Petey,

That's Songkran Fest. I'm not sure it will be busy out there. Cuz ppl from BKK like to go outside BKK. Not sure Krabi is their destination. If you go there just be careful then... criminal + drunkies are a lot.

That seems like a pretty good price. 4 island trip prices vary quite a bit. You can get a day out on a speed boat for around B1000 in low season. It's pretty good value and you'll be able to fit in a couple of extra places (Bamboo Island, Phi Phi - Maya Bay etc)

You can get to Krabi town by taxi or sawngtaew (B50) You can pick them anywhere on the main street in Ao Nang, it takes around 30 mins. There's not a huge amount to do in town but there's a very nice temple a few km from town (Wat Tham Seua) if you fancy climbing the 1200 steps to get to the top - well worth it.

Longtail boats to Rai lay are B80 and it's very nice there but it does get crowded. Climbing is good and easy there and its great fun.

You can go on elephant treks near to Ao Nang and if you have time there are day trips to Sa Morakot (hot springs) and other nice temples.

Khlong Muang is a few Km away and there's a very nice quiet beach there. There are 4 markets around Ao Nang - you'll probably need a motorbike taxi to get to them just ask a local. I like the ones in Klhong Haeng by the mosque Sat and Thurs.

If you feel like booking a tour try Sea Sun Sand. Very well organised and flexible. They arrange trips to all of the Islands and all over Krabi and Phan Nga. Ask for Khun Ju and say hello from Matt.

Have fun, Krabi is cool :)

Thanks for the information Matt!!

To p'Petey,

That's Songkran Fest. I'm not sure it will be busy out there. Cuz ppl from BKK like to go outside BKK. Not sure Krabi is their destination. If you go there just be careful then... criminal + drunkies are a lot.

I will definitely be careful, my friend. :-)

Could anyone recommend the place that I should go to see/visit before dinner and after dinner?

Depends on when you use to have dinner. For a few well served after midnight caipirinhas I'd recommend the Luna Bar. It's a beach bar (really located directly at the beach) with a small but beautiful dance floor (mainly house music), pool tables and chairs on the sand. Great place, nice staff, tasty caipirinhas!

With a tuk-tuk along the main road to Nopparat Thara Beach - every driver knows Luna Bar.

Et voila ...

aonangmap.jpg

for a good half day trip from Krabi, take the car or hire bikes and head up to Than Bokkerani (apologies to all if spelling is wrong). Its absolutely beautiful, especially when its been raining recently as all the pools and falls are full. Can remember reading it described somewhere (lonely planet?) as a natural Disney world. If you haven't been and fancy a mainland excursion instead of an island one then I highly recommend this!!!

:)