Thai Singer CD Recommendations

music

Could somebody tell me the name of this singer?

Also the title of a compilation CD which highlights her early and mid-career output as well as one or two essential CDs from the same time periods.

If you could write these down in Thai and English so I can give the list to a CD shop clerk, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Also the title of a compilation CD which highlights her early and mid-career output as well as one or two essential CDs from the same time periods.

If you could write these down in Thai and English so I can give the list to a CD shop clerk, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I just heard that you would have to go to a music store that sells "older" music. Her name is poom puang duang jaan...she is quite well known by the Thais.

I just heard that you would have to go to a music store that sells "older" music. Her name is poom puang duang jaan...she is quite well known by the Thais.

Never known that your are a big fan of her :roll:

Never known that your are a big fan of her :roll:

Nonono, not a fan. I just heard that from my wife.

Thanks. Any CD recommendations? I assume she's got dozens and it would help me a lot if someone could pinpoint the best compilation or essential title. Something similar to the youtube clip (I probably wouldn't be too keen on this singer with upbeat material).

Just tyring to broaden your horizons...
I appreciate the gesture but it's going to take more than formula product to expand my musical horizons. I have NO interest in B-grade derivatives of the mainstream music industry.

Now if you could describe your favorite CD by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, that would be helpful since I'm looking to pick up another title from this ensemble (I already have their EP Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada).

Or just recommendations for the singer for which this thread was started. Thanks.

Amazingly the CD shop on the 4th floor of Paragon at the East end near Power Mall has quite a good selection of Thai music (they have the best selection of Carabao I've seen). Also I was told (but have yet to confirm) that the CD shop in Big C opposite Centun World is good too.

I appreciate the gesture but it's going to take more than formula product to expand my musical horizons. I have NO interest in B-grade derivatives of the mainstream music industry.

Now if you could describe your favorite CD by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, that would be helpful since I'm looking to pick up another title from this ensemble (I already have their EP Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada).

Or just recommendations for the singer for which this thread was started. Thanks.

Man, you need to calm down and get off your high-horse...

Godspeed You! and Black Emperer...who the hell are they? I can''t even be bothered to Google 'em

I will bid you a farewell before you get any more uppity... :shock:

Man, you need to calm down and get off your high-horse...

Godspeed You! and Black Emperer...who the hell are they? I can''t even be bothered to Google 'em

I will bid you a farewell before you get any more uppity... :shock:

take a chill pill Danny .... music's a cool guy. heavily into his tunes as his TF name might suggest !! :D:D:D

if you haven't got "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven" it's definitely worth giving it a try. it's quite long, and structurally it's a twisted symphony (of sorts)...

Can I reccomend the excellent Sigur Ros?

They're from Iceland rather than Thailand, but both places have the word 'land' in their name so are quite similar.

2008's 'Meo suo i eyrum vio spilum enedalaust' is brilliant, as is 2005's 'Takk' (which incidentally is easier to ask for in a record shop)

Check out some stuff on youtube to see if you like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBTH2E5QPEE

:lol: