Thai Singer CD Recommendations

music

hrrr whatever,

If p'Music wanna buy Pumpaung Doungchan..

I'm her fan, actually.

She was very famous and she is the Thai country music singer of all time. She was the queen of Lukthung Thai. After she passed away from SLE. people built her monument at Wat Tubkradan, Supanburi, have memorial day 13 - 15 June every year.

Not sure the big shops in the luxury department store still have her album. They always have intrend music.

So I recommend a very cool CD shop. It's "Nong" Ta Prachan (Prachan Pier) near

Silapakorn University and Thammasat University.

This shop is so awesome... If I wanna find some rarely CD... such as Thai contemporary music, I like to go there. I'm sure "Nong" has her Album.

two questions, bcool:

when did she pass away?

this music shop: is it actually ON a pier, at a market, or is it a store? (in other words, how will i know i'm there?)

She passed away June, 13th, 1992

This music shop isn't on the pier, yes it's a store near market. Somewhere opposite Wat Mahatat.

Danny: if you're going to stick with mainstream MTV rock/pop acts, then you'll have a hard time expanding the musical horizons of anyone willing to suss out quality artists beyond the dreck that's passed off as talent these days. But I'll get off my high horse if you go out and grab Tommy Bolin's Private Eyes. Or Massive Attack's Mezzanine. Deal? :D

Iain: yes, Sigur Ross, in the same vein as GY!BE. Enjoy them a lot.

Jeff: I'll give Lift Your Skinny Fists a try.

bCool: as her fan, can you recommend a "Best of" CD of her earlier songs? And maybe one other essential CD. Also, do you know of any bars/night clubs that play this kind of music (smaller the better)? Thanks!

Danny: if you're going to stick with mainstream MTV rock/pop acts, then you'll have a hard time expanding the musical horizons of anyone willing to suss out quality artists beyond the dreck that's passed off as talent these days. But I'll get off my high horse if you go out and grab Tommy Bolin's Private Eyes. Or Massive Attack's Mezzanine. Deal? :D

No it's not a deal...sorry. I can't get past the MTV generation, I just can't do it... 8)

No it's not a deal...sorry. I can't get past the MTV generation, I just can't do it... 8)

i'll bet u a beer u got massive attack !!!

i'll bet u a beer u got massive attack !!!

That would be telling...

bCool: as her fan, can you recommend a "Best of" CD of her earlier songs? And maybe one other essential CD. Also, do you know of any bars/night clubs that play this kind of music (smaller the better)? Thanks!

Here you are.

top488f.jpg

Ruam Hit 20 Pleng Dung Tum-Narn Pleng Poompuang Duangjun

Kaw Hai Ruay : ¢ÃãËéÃÇÂ

Siam Muang Yim : ÊÂÒÃàÃ×çÂÔéÃ

Gaew Raw Pee : á¡éÇÃþÕè

Nhoo Mai Roo : ˹ÙäÃèÃÙé

Loke Kaung Peung : âÅ¡¢Ã§¼Öé§

Nhoo Mai Aow : ˹ÙäÃèàÃÃ’

Hua-Jai Ta-Waai Wat : ËÑÇ㨶ÇÒÂÇÑ´

Pee Pai Doo Nhoo Pai Duay : ¾Õèä»´Ù˹Ùä»´éÇÂ

Kon Dung Leum Lhung Kwai : ¤¹´Ñ§Å×ÃËÅѧ¤ÇÒÂ

Eur Heuh Lhor Jung : Ã×éÃË×ÃËÅèèѧ

Nak-Raung Bahn Nork : ¹Ñ¡ÃéçºéÒ¹¹Ã¡

Chun PlowNar Kow Mar Eng : ©Ñ¹à»ÅèÒ¹Òà¢ÒÃÒàç

Maai Khan-Mark : ËÃéÒ¢ѹËÃÒ¡

Poo Chai Nai Fun : ¼ÙéªÒÂ㹽ѹ

Kwarm Ruk Meun Yar Khom : ¤ÇÒÃÃÑ¡àËÃ×ùÂÒ¢Ã

Gra-Sae Kow Mar Si : ¡ÃÃá«Ãà¢éÒÃÒ«Ô

Sao Nar Sung Fan : ÊÒǹÒÊÑè§á¿¹

Tak-Ka-Tan Pook Bow : µÑê¡áµ¹¼Ù¡âºÇì

Nud Pob Nah Um-Pur : ¹Ñ´¾ºË¹éÒÃÓàÀÃ

Harng Noi Toi Nid : Ëèҧ˹èöùԴ

I'm sorry I'm not big fan of bars and night club.. so I have no idea.