new Alchohol Laws

marco_funny

Question

I m reading some shocking news on Thaivisa , beginning from 16th april the Democratic Gov will enforce a new law against the sales of alcohol and the closing time of night clubs

this is the excerpt of the news

"All bars, shops and entertainment centers will closed based on a sliding window. Mondays close at 1:00AM, Tuesday 12:00 Midnight, Wednesday 11:00PM, Thursday 10:00 PM and Fridays at 9:00PM. Saturdays, Sundays and all official holidays, alcoholic beverages will not be allowed to be sold."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Songkran-Alcohol-Ban-Canned-Crackd-t254069.html

if this is happen to be true i think it will damage the whole toursim industry in the country.

15 answers to this question

april fool?

There is a better one here posted on 2bangkok. However, I am slightly concerned it may give the incompetent Minister of ICT some ideas!

Foreigners must disclose website postings - translated and summarized from Matichon; April 1, 2009

New regulations in effect from April require foreign visa holders (whether tourist or those applying for B, M, or O-type visas) to disclose if they are owners of a website or intend to post information about Thailand on a website forum or blog. Website owners who work in Thailand must possess a Thai business registration in the form of a limited partnership even if the site is hosted overseas.

If a visa-holder intends to post material to a website--including internet forums and blogs--the posting must first be approved by the Ministry of Culture. Forms for the approval process will be handed out with the Thai Immigration entry card upon arrival or approval can be submitted via an online form at the Ministry of Culture website.

Visa holders will also be required to install "Cyber Cop" program to ensure they abide by the new regulations that restrict the viewing of some websites within Thailand. This program will automatically upload the latest blocklists without the user having to do anything. The Ministry will not use the new regulations to censor political speech. Instead, the Ministry is mainly focusing on material that might be of detriment to Thai tourism or the country's image in general.

First off, I hope to God they are joking about all of the changes they tend to implement. They are making these changes because of a lack of family values. Secondly, they are also saying that girls who work in massage palors have to be older than 40 years of age. I don't think I need to say or explain much about how this is going to turn out. My bet is that they will severely reduce these limits or all together get rid of them.

Every year thaivisa news seems to put out an april fools joke article and it always gets me.

my favorite part....

"Massage parlour minimum age

On April 16, another controversial law is being enforced. After that date, massage parlors can no longer employ anyone under the age of 40, and are required to register all employees as such. This will minimize the request by customers for "extra services" which can cause problems with marriages and minor wives."

duhhh

Every year thaivisa news seems to put out an april fools joke article and it always gets me.

my favorite part....

On April 16, another controversial law is being enforced. After that date, massage parlors can no longer employ anyone under the age of 40, and are required to register all employees as such. This will minimize the request by customers for "extra services" which can cause problems with marriages and minor wives."

duhhh

I can't tell you how many people have come today asking me, "Did you see this?!"

At least I got my good friend pretty bad today...made him think that our biggest company was getting shut down for some stupid reason...Definitely helped to have 2 other evil friends helping me out with the joke!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

my favorite part....

duhhh

I can't tell you how many people have come today asking me, "Did you see this?!"

At least I got my good friend pretty bad today...made him think that our biggest company was getting shut down for some stupid reason...Definitely helped to have 2 other evil friends helping me out with the joke!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

He thought that because the "biggest company" is a business involving massage, employs women under 40 and provides 'extra services'???

This was a good one in the Phuekt Gazette;

More noise promised for beaches

PATONG, PHUKET: A special committee tasked with finding ways to generate more noise and extra revenue for Phuket is moving forward with a unique plan that would allow businesses to broadcast advertisements through the island?s existing network of 19 tsunami warning towers.

The project will be launched early next month in Patong, where the entire beach front is covered by warning towers that emit a siren sound and pre-recorded voice messages at an impressive 121 decibels. The record-breaking volume is achieved through the resonance of the towers, with each individual tower able to achieve sound saturation across a radius of at least 1,500 meters.

Committee chairman Boonterd Wattanatong told the Gazette yesterday that the idea was such an obvious one that he was surprised no-one had proposed it earlier."People want lively, active beaches. The jet-skis have helped to create background noise, but neither they nor the sound trucks operating along the beaches are capable of generating the kind of volume tourists want."

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/index.asp?id=7214